The Christ Within

The Jesus you fundamentalists claim to worship told you to beware of the scribes and pharisees. But that means nothing to you. And Jesus would despise you worshiping him anyway, he'd want you to worship God.
This is a Christmas classic:

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born,
unto us a son is given:
and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful,
Counsellor,
The mighty God,
The everlasting Father
The Prince of Peace.

Merry Christmas

Perry Staltic

Your perfectionism is pathological. You want to escape the fact that we make mistakes and that we need to repent and redeem ourselves.

You project something onto me that does't exist. I'm OK with being flawed (nothing I can do about it) and being a perfectionist in understanding is an excellent addiction to have. Man is unable to redeem himself; it hasn't happened and it never will happen. God is the only savior. The closest man can come to saving himself is by following and guarding the revealed good news.

Give heed to yourself, and to the doctrine. Remain in them. For doing this both you will save yourself and the ones hearing you. 1 Timothy 4:16

milomag

unto us a son is given:
Counsellor,
The mighty God,
The everlasting Father
The Prince of Peace.

Merry Christmas
Amen! and Amen!

milomag

I think I see what you're saying. In Isaiah 14:12 the KJV says "Lucifer" and the LXX says "morning star", and because Revelation 22:16 calls Christ the morning star you think the LXX is calling Christ Lucifer. No, that's not the case. Lucifer is a transliteration of the Greek εωσφόρος, which means "ushering in the dawn." It is used in Isaiah 14:12 in the LXX. It is also used in 1 Samuel 30:17, Job 3:9, Job 11:17, Job 38:12, and Job 41:18 to refer to twilight, ie first appearance of Venus announcing dawn. However, it is not the same word that's used in Revelation 22:16, which is λαμπρός πρωϊνός which means "radiant dawn", but the KJV translators translated it as morning star. So it's not a mistake, you just have to look deeper than the surface.
Looking deeper can also be a way of deception. A person has to think they know more than the KJB translators, and that a created creature with the name "Lucifer" didn't exist. And they'd have to go through their scholarly hoops to make up for corrupt manuscripts being used in the first place (the LXX is not dependable). And knowledge of Greek and Hebrew is not needed in order to understand what God inspired and preserved for us (the common man) in his words to us in English - the KJB. There are many more corruptions of doctrine in the version you're using, but I can't go into all of them here. If you want to BELIEVE God's word to us, compare your version with the KJB. But most importantly, of course, as we know, is to be saved and have the indwelling Holy Ghost teach us the deep things of God that are found in the word of God (1 Cor. 2).

milomag

The Greek word in that verse is ὅτι. It can mean several things, including "how" and "that", but not "how that", which is just bad English in this day and age. It may have been a thing in medieval times, but it's just a stumbling block now because we don't speak medieval English.

G3754 ὅτι hoti (ho'-tiy) conj.
1. (demonstrative) that (sometimes redundant).
2. (also, demonstrative) how (that). (see James 2:22).
3. (causative) because.
4. (as quotation starter) that.
God gave us a Book in the English language and we don't need to know Greek in order to understand it. We just need to believe it (the KJB) and to read it with a believing and humble spirit.

Perry Staltic

God gave us a Book in the English language and we don't need to know Greek in order to understand it. We just need to believe it (the KJB) and to read it with a believing and humble spirit.

I agree wholeheartedly that it is completely sufficient for leading a person to salvation..

Those who are of God and taught of God know whether what people write and say is of God or of themselves because they have the witness of the source in their hearts. The understanding of God's way evolves, but never in ways that are contrary to original revelation; it builds upon, it doesn't build over. Scholars can and do separate the wheat from the chaff, ie, corruptions to the original recorded revelation.
Exactly.

unto us a son is given:
Counsellor,
The mighty God,
The everlasting Father
The Prince of Peace.

Merry Christmas
John 1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

John 17
After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

By the way. Jesus taught karma, personal responsibility. Not superstitious redemption by just believing some vague metaphysical nonsense about his BLOOOOOD. And he taught you're freed from your punishment once you've settled your debt, not eternal torment. Eternal torment is effin psychotic by just common sense and it's not in the bible. Eonian judgement is.

By the way. Jesus taught karma, personal responsibility. Not superstitious redemption by just believing some vague metaphysical nonsense about his BLOOOOOD. And he taught you're freed from your punishment once you've settled your debt, not eternal torment. Eternal torment is effin psychotic by just common sense and it's not in the bible. Eonian judgement is.
Strange yes, but I wouldn't say it's vague. The old testament lets you know why it needed to be done. Why God chose this way? I don't know, but do we need to know the exact why all the time? My 5 year old asks "why?" after everything I tell him to do. It doesn't make it less relevant because he doesn't understand why he needs to eat some carrots with dinner not just the meat.

There is a lot of mystery, we are all just children in the scheme of eternity.

John 1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

John 17
After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
were you trying to make a point here?

Perry Staltic

You have no way of settling your debt. Eonian judgment is the eternal torment of realizing you threw away the opportunity to have your eternal debt cancelled.

You have no way of settling your debt.
So when you do wrong against someone, you have no way of making it up to that person?

Maybe you're just lazy and selfish and don't want to make an effort to right your wrongs and you're so cunning you try to make that into a religion.

Perry Staltic

So when you do wrong against someone, you have no way of making it up to that person?

Maybe you're just lazy and selfish and don't want to make an effort to right your wrongs and you're so cunning you try to make that into a religion.

How does someone right the wrong of killing someone? Damaging people emotionally, etc?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom