Melanin Is A Chemo-energetic Analogue Of Chlorophyll, Critical In Bioenergetics

Diokine

Or - "why can turtles hold their breath for so long?"

CmuDJ7KKE9vQzFqpbuxFz96z.jpeg

The ideas put forward in these works by Dr. Solis-Herrera have fit very nicely into some holes of my understanding about cellular respiration.

The unsuspected intrinsic property of melanin to transform light energy into chemical energy and the Warburg effect: Connotations in cancer biochemistry

The Unsuspected Capacity of Melanin to Transform Light Energy into Chemical Energy and the Surprising Anoxia Tolerance of Chrysemys Picta

The intrinsic chemistry of melanin modifies radically current concepts about the bioenergetics of photosynthesis

Marg

Thanks Diokine for sharing this fascinating information, and is definitely a subject that needs further research.

The analogy is that melanin is to humans as chlorophyll is to plants, and chlorophyll is one of the most important forces that are fundamental to all life here on earth. Many civilizations have worshipped the sun for good reason; also there are "secret Solar" sects today that base their ideology on ancient knowledge.

Ray talks about "pigments" at times and even colors that they express, and melanin is defined as a pigment.

A few weeks ago, my husband and I were sitting in the sun and I mentioned that the sunlight was such a healing modality because our melanin processes the sunlight energy. The medical and advertising industries scaremonger with assertions that the sun causes cancer and is "bad" , so they tell the public to cover all exposed skin with carcinogens and to basically stay out of the sun.

This material is not an easy read, especially to someone like me who doesn't have a science background; but I will read and reread as I have done with Ray's articles. The learning process takes time, and I have the patience of Job.

Nokoni

The ideas put forward in these works by Dr. Solis-Herrera have fit very nicely into some holes of my understanding about cellular respiration.
Very interesting, thank you.

Are you also familiar with Gerald Pollack's work? He shows that water, in the presence of hydrophylic surfaces and background electromagnetic radiation (such as is found in a cell), spontaneously separates charge and forms distinct regions of H3O2 adjacent to the hydrophylic surface, and H3O mixed with bulk H2O away from the surface. I wouldn't be able to judge if it has implications for Solis-Herrera's work, but it seems like it might.

Drareg

Fascinating,will be interesting to see if it developes further.
Always interesting to note the multitude of nocturnal animals that seemingly get little to no light.

nikolabeacon

Fascinating,will be interesting to see if it developes further.
Always interesting to note the multitude of nocturnal animals that seemingly get little to no light.

Maybe this can explain it....

"The way in which melanin releases energy transduced, is very stable,
very consistent, being continuous since it happens day and night;"

"Activation of certain enzymes require light, and remain only active
in presence of ATP, but the necessary presence of ATP is due to aims
different to energy, for instance, temperature regulation. The basic
chemical energy for the cell, and this from the beginning of the times,
comes from melanin."

"
The molecular photonics of photosynthesis has been shown a
very slowly development, probably because the main actor in biology
is melanin, more than chlorophyll. By other hand, studies about
photosynthesis ideally must be in the live organism, but technically it
is difficult.
Thereby, bioenergetics must be conceptualized in this way: “The
process of water decomposition mainly by melanin and secondarily
by chlorophyll, and hydrogen and oxygen evolution; is the principal
process of biological transformation of visible and invisible light into
chemical energy.” Therefore, the primary processes of photosynthesis
are independent of wavelength of light, because melanin absorbs visible
and invisible light
."

Drareg

Maybe this can explain it....

"The way in which melanin releases energy transduced, is very stable,
very consistent, being continuous since it happens day and night;"

"Activation of certain enzymes require light, and remain only active
in presence of ATP, but the necessary presence of ATP is due to aims
different to energy, for instance, temperature regulation. The basic
chemical energy for the cell, and this from the beginning of the times,
comes from melanin."

"
The molecular photonics of photosynthesis has been shown a
very slowly development, probably because the main actor in biology
is melanin, more than chlorophyll. By other hand, studies about
photosynthesis ideally must be in the live organism, but technically it
is difficult.
Thereby, bioenergetics must be conceptualized in this way: “The
process of water decomposition mainly by melanin and secondarily
by chlorophyll, and hydrogen and oxygen evolution; is the principal
process of biological transformation of visible and invisible light into
chemical energy.” Therefore, the primary processes of photosynthesis
are independent of wavelength of light, because melanin absorbs visible
and invisible light
."

Thanks,very interesting.

Drareg

So more melanin should be present in nocturnal creatures perhaps,oversimplifying maybe its because of more efficient use.

Food as frozen sunlight somebody said before.

nikolabeacon

So more melanin should be present in nocturnal creatures perhaps,oversimplifying maybe its because of more efficient use.

Food as frozen sunlight somebody said before.

I thought it is telling that we should be fine with not getting UV from the Sun.

Edit- directly from the Sun*

Last edited:
we should be fine with not getting UV

Yeah indeed, we normally gather red sunlight with our respiratory molecules. Melanin is formed in stress under the influence of serotonin, when an excessive amount of energy is provided as short wavelength photons. It's about making the best of the situation. Of course we can't live completely without blue light because of vitamin D, melatonin, etc.

Mauritio

Wow! I like the why this guy talks . Even the abstract has got some power ! Hes bashing main stream medicine in the finest way :)

"
Otto Warburg found, in 1924; that unlike most normal tissues, cancer cells tend to ferment glucose into lactate even in the presence of sufficient oxygen to support mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation. Aerobic glycolysis is a poorly efficient metabolic pathway to generate ATP, thereby the advantage it confers to cancer cells remain unexplained. Reactive medicine is failing markedly in all countries. This is expected due is a kind of medicine based mainly in around 7000 intracellular chemical reactions already described in scientific literature, however only 199 are described in the same way in the different sources of information, and there are significant controversies, in the 6801 remaining, as they are not described in the same manner in the different available databases. This current lack of understanding of cell biology is congruous with reactive medicine results. Less of 3% of main diseases are resolved by institutional medical systems; the 97% are just palliated. Our finding of intrinsic property of melanin to transform light energy into chemical energy by means of water dissociation, like chlorophyll in plants; will mark a before and after in the field of cell biology and thereby in the practice of medicine. Therefore, the sacred role of glucose as source of energy by excellence of cell now is broken into small pieces. Glucose is just carbon chains source to our body but not energy source in anyway."

Mauritio

Also Melanin-stimulating-hormone (MSH) seems to have some pretty impressive anti-inflammatory and even anti-microbial,against bacteria and funghi, properties of its own. Partly through inhibition of NO! Also it seems to help with alzheimers disease.

Alpha-Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone: An Emerging Anti-Inflammatory Antimicrobial Peptide
"The pleiotropic effects of α-MSH and its C-terminal peptides, including their anti-inflammatory, immunosuppressive, antipyretic, and antimicrobial activities, are unique. These endogenous properties make them the most promising antimicrobial host defense peptides."

"In conclusion, α-MSH, its analogues, and related C-terminal tripeptide with broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity combined with immunomodulating effects and no cytotoxicity could emerge as excellent therapeutic agents against resistant pathogens."

"Indeed, α-MSH appeared to possess potent antimicrobial activity against pathogens from different classes like C. albicans, S. aureus, E. coli, and more. It also adopts variable approaches to kill different microbes. For instance, it kills fungal cells through the induction of cAMP and bacterial cells by damaging the membrane [14, 18]."

Single administration of tripeptide α-MSH(11-13) attenuates brain damage by reduced inflammation and apoptosis after experimental traumatic brain i... - PubMed - NCBI

Terminal signal: anti-inflammatory effects of α-melanocyte-stimulating hormone related peptides beyond the pharmacophore. - PubMed - NCBI

Melanocortins protect against progression of Alzheimer's disease in triple-transgenic mice by targeting multiple pathophysiological pathways. - PubMed - NCBI

Melanocortin peptides inhibit production of proinflammatory cytokines and nitric oxide by activated microglia. - PubMed - NCBI

Neuroprotective actions of melanocortins: a therapeutic opportunity. - PubMed - NCBI

Alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone inhibits the nuclear transcription factor NF-kappa B activation induced by various inflammatory agents. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

Mauritio

LLight

If their claim is true, they deserve a Nobel prize for their discovery.

What I find interesting is their take on water which seems to be central to this:

"The same happens with water, which, when is it contaminated one way or another, for example with metals, pesticides, herbicides, with industrial waste; anesthetic agents. It begins to change, and the first thing you lose is viscosity and then other properties, with what the reaction is no longer accurate, begins to occur a bias, and something is going to happen with the generation and distribution of energy, which, from the clinical point of view is unpredictable, given that involved confounding factors such as age, weight,h sex, previous state of health; etc. also play a role."

So, water structure (structured water is viscous I think) could have a direct influence on the production of energy.

Mauritio

Yes ! Structured water however that's achieved?... maybe the work of Masaru Emoto would help here.

Also I think he said that this process would go on and on if water wouldn't bind to iron or sth like that...

Mauritio

Wasn't water. It was when melanin combines with iron..
Screenshot_20191028-205244_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

LeeLemonoil

Thanks @Mauritio, very intriguing.
Jack Kruse seems to come from a similar angle as this, but I’ve never really read his work due to begin so anti-Peat in part

Mauritio

Thanks @Mauritio, very intriguing.
Jack Kruse seems to come from a similar angle as this, but I’ve never really read his work due to begin so anti-Peat in part
Yes it let's the peat quote that (red) light is the fundamental anti stress thing ,shine in whole new light as sunlight produces also melanin ..

LLight

Yes ! Structured water however that's achieved?... maybe the work of Masaru Emoto would help here.

Also I think he said that this process would go on and on if water wouldn't bind to iron or sth like that...

Not totally clear to me, but ions and osmolytes seem to feature ordering or disordering effects on water. That's a hardcore biophysical topic it seems: Kosmotropes and Chaotropes

"Chaotropes break down the hydrogen-bonded network of water, so allowing macromolecules more structural freedom and encouraging protein extension and denaturation. Kosmotropes are stabilizing solutes which increase the order of water (such as polyhydric alcohols [307], trehalose, trimethylamine N-oxide, glycine betaine, ectoine, proline, taurine [3185], and various other zwitterions) whereas chaotropes create weaker hydrogen-bonding, decreasing the order of water, increasing its surface tension (but see anomaly) and destabilizing macromolecular structures (such as guanidinium chloride and urea at high concentrations).

Glucose clearly acts as a kosmotrope, enhancing both hydrogen-bonding and hydrophobic interactions [283]."

Might explain why the body would like to have high glucose in the blood for some diseases maybe.

Interestingly, ectoine seems to be able to kill lung cancer cells: https://www.researchgate.net/public...l_Lung_Cancer_cells_An_in-vitro_Investigation

"Ectoine and hydroxyectoine are two natural metabolites which induce apoptosis in lung cancer cells. They don’t have any toxic effect on normal cells"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom