Is there an area of the body that produces proportionally more Vitamin D when exposed to sun?

I have a vague recollection of reading something on the forum regarding sunlight on the bare shoulders being the most beneficial for VitD, but I can't be sure.

Curious if anyone has any similar knowledge on the topic.

I realise it's probably just surface area, but thought it was worth an ask.

LadyRae

Hands and feet tend to produce the least. I believe that I've read torso is the best place for it
Yes, I've also read that torso exposure is best, although I can't reference that... As we get tanner our body will produce less...

So, during the first half of the summer, wear your bathing suit, and then during the last half of the summer take it off and tan up those white sections for optimal vitamin D 😉

Dave Clark

Would it make sense that the areas of the body with the most fat, since cholesterol is part of the equation, producing the cholesterol sulfate, D , etc. ?

Kyle970

Gonna say on the back.
Important not to wash it off in 48 hours, mid day (noon) best. Was just listening to some interviews on this.

Phaedrus

I think it’s as simple as the palest areas of skin would absorb the most sunlight (UVB) and hence produce more vitamin D.

David PS

GTW

Squalene produced in/on the skin oil/sweat glands, transformed by sunlight, reabsorbed...

golder

Ha, I actually got a tan-through suit last summer for this reason. Gotta keep the downstairs happy too!
Genius idea. I didn’t know this existed, how do they work? Can you recommend a certain brand?

liam183

Genius idea. I didn’t know this existed, how do they work? Can you recommend a certain brand?
It's essentially see-through as it's very loosely threaded fabric, but it is covered up with patterns and such to leave your parts invisible. I think the brand is tan through or something like that

EvanHinkle

Ha, I actually got a tan-through suit last summer for this reason. Gotta keep the downstairs happy too!
Any links? I’ve considered these but it seems like the only styles I can find are “gigalo from the 80’s”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals