Is it possible that a Brain Parasite can influence Human Personality and Sexuality?

sleepless1

People with serious mental health issues, such as schizophrenia, have high rates of chronic infections [1]. This is probably why ketosis works as a good therapy for schizophrenia [2] as it starves bacteria and parasites from its fuel source, glucose, any why antibiotics treat schizophrenia [3].

Toxoplasmosis is found in the human brain, and it is acknowledged that it does affect human behavior [4].

Also note that prescription antidepressants, antipsychotics, and anticonvulsants are all anti-pathogenic, so conceivably that is why they may work in some people.

Now for homosexuality. A majority of gay men were raped when they were children [5]. The theory is that the sexual abuse rewired their brains. However, could it just be that was the point they were infected with a virus, bacteria, or parasite? Gay men are very promiscuous, many having sex with more than 1000 partners [6]. A gay man would make a good super spreader for a virus, bacteria, or parasite.

This might even be the underlying cause of paraphilias like pedophilia. The virus, bacteria, or parasite is directing its host to spread their contagion to a young host who will serve as a host and spreader for many years.

Opinions?

Read more: Behavior-altering parasite - Wikipedia

[1] Schizophrenia linked with abnormal immune response to Epstein-Barr virus
^ Schizophrenia May Be Similar to Immune Disorders - Neuroscience News

[2] Chronic Schizophrenia Put Into Remission Without Medication

[3] Scientists shocked to find antibiotics alleviate symptoms of

[4] Can the common brain parasite, Toxoplasma gondii, influence human culture?
^ Is there any association between Toxoplasma gondii infection and bipolar disorder? A systematic review and meta-analysis - PubMed
^ Abnormal neurobehaviour and impaired memory function as a consequence of Toxocara canis- as well as Toxocara cati-induced neurotoxocarosis
^ Negative Effects of Latent Toxoplasmosis on Mental Health

[5] Does physical abuse, sexual abuse, or neglect in childhood increase the likelihood of same-sex sexual relationships and cohabitation? A prospective 30-year follow-up - PubMed

[6] Statistics on sexual promiscuity among homosexuals

Last edited:

GodsHound

parasites, bacteria, fungus, estrogen, serotonin, inflammation, trauma, shock, cancer it's all the same and you're probably right

OP
S

sleepless1

rr1

No. Peat has already spoken on this topic, its nothing more than crazy internet theories and people trying to sell their anti parasite supplements. please dont be so naive.

Morgan

"with documented cases during 1967-1971"
"A total of 8% of the overall sample reported any same-sex relationship"
"Childhood physical abuse and neglect were not significantly associated with same-sex cohabitation or sexual partners"
"Bell and Weinberg"
"A Comparative Demographic and Sexual Profile of Older Homosexually Active Men"
"In addition, 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent had between 501 and 1000 partners" - wowee
"1978 study"
"CARM is a nonprofit, non-denominational, multi-staffed Christian Apologetics Ministry"

Certainly gave me a chuckle, thanks.

I can count the number of sexual partners I've had on one hand only, and I prefer to remain in an ever growing monogamous relationship that is rooted in love. I haven't been abused within the context that is given.. so, I must be some kind of outlier in my desire for men. Oh right, I guess it could be some kind of parasite, of course, surely it must be something..

Last edited:
OP
S

sleepless1

Please post a source that shows Ray Peat denies the existence of behavior changing parasites, This is observable and well established in medical literature.

@Morgan
You can pick up viruses, bacteria, or parasites in-utero, and through foods, etc. Example: Genital Herpes in Mom Linked to Schizophrenia in Baby

Childhood sexual abuse isn't the only way, but one I postulate correlates with the studies.

And the quote you posted is related to childhood "physical abuse and neglect" not "childhood sexual abuse". From the same study: "however, only men with histories of childhood sexual abuse were significantly more likely than controls to report same-sex sexual partners"

Last edited:

HeyThere

As a lesbian myself, I can 100% assure you the people you describe aren't that way because they are gay, it's because they are Liberals.

The gays you see on TV and in the horrible videos going around these days have more to do with the visual and acting-out 60s hippie "If it feels good, do it" than they do with all gays.

There are NON-Liberal and NON-Democratic gays... we just keep to ourselves. Liberals are, very literally, a cult. They will not ever say anyting against their political and sexual side, bar none.

Being gay and a musician, I have "survived" being in their circles in the LA area. Liberals have 800 friends on FaceBook and in real life, but not 1 real friend to really count on. Countless times I was praised for my sincerity when caring for them in times they needed someone, when I was just being myself. They are very nasty to each other when it comes down to real life, but ohhh so sweet just to keep the facade going. This is why they are very bitter people. Everything is very shallow re: Hollywood attitude. Gay men in particular think insulting each other and everyone around them is "funny", but they cut deep, and the ones it's aimed at laugh because they can't show that it hurts.

Everything they accuse you of, they are or do themselves. I was told I am a "self-hating gay". What? Because I'm not Liberal? Because I think gay floats are the perfect way to shoot yourself in the foot as far as representing a group of people to society (and an unfair representation.. I wish they clarified they are Liberal Gays as Non-Liberal gays think that garbage is sick). That comment always confused me. I grew up quite confident, I'm capable in the things I do and do things very well. That doesn't mean I don't need people or ever need help, but I surely never found it in the gay community, only resentment.

P.S. As far as brain parasites, look into cats. Also, look into the political and/or sexual side that tends to worship cats and have many cats at one time. Maybe that's your path to take. P.P.S. I detest cats and their personalities, they have the perfect Liberal personality. I love unconditionally loving dogs, thank you.

/rant

OP
S

sleepless1

@HeyThere

i don't think there are any studies correlating childhood sexual abuse with female homosexuality, but it is associated with male homosexuality to a high enough degree that it is noted by researchers. I just made a logical deduction.

But you do bring up a good point. Parasites like toxoplasmosis are correlated with political affliation.

Grapelander

So we have about 10 trillion cells in our body. But we actually have ten times that number of bacteria in our body. And so on this scale here we have enough cells it would fill half of one of our legs. All the rest of the body will be filled up with microbes bacteria and then if we think about all the DNA that we have.

“How much do you think all the microbes in our body weigh?”
Two to three kilograms. And this is what they need to keep them healthy – about 50 to 65 grams of these things, which are sugars, to keep them healthy. So that amount is needed every day just to keep your microbes healthy.

So these are animals that have never been exposed to any microbes. They’re sterile, and when we examine these animals they’re clearly compromised. They’re deficient – so they have nutritional deficiencies, they don’t grow. But interesting – they live longer. So if you want to live longer, don’t eat. That’s the bottom line.
  • They have a defective gut, so their gut is not poor properly formed, so it’s leaky.
  • And their immune system is very poorly developed, so they’re very susceptible to infections. And in fact, if you introduce a pathogen to these animals it can kill them very quickly, because they have no protection, no immunity.
  • And also their development is affected as well.
So clearly. we’re already starting now to move into the gut brain.
Your microbiota is unique to you. It’s your identity, it’s like your fingerprint. Your microbes are unique to you.

HeyThere

But you do bring up a good point. Parasites like toxoplasmosis are correlated with political affliation.

Hopefully other readers can read what I actually wrote which is "what political affiliation tends to usually have many cats as pets".
Hint: Liberals. Liberals really like cats and often times have many of them.

FrostedShores

Hopefully other readers can read what I actually wrote which is "what political affiliation tends to usually have many cats as pets".
Interesting. Seems like a chicken and egg situation. Do liberals become cat-lovers, or do cat-lovers become liberals?

OP
S

sleepless1

Ray Peat suggests eating carrots with vinegar to sterilize the gut of bacteria. I also read that he takes antibiotics to kill gut/intestinal bacteria. So he does believe bacteria is bad and advises you to disrupt your microbiome.

It would be interesting to see what he thinks about behavior changing viruses, bacteria, and parasites.

The diet to treat this would be very anti-Peat.

Ketosis to starve bacteria and parasites of their fuel supply, glucose.

Supplements:

Propolis (propolis toxoplasma - Search Results - PubMed)
Artemisia
Curcumin (Impact of Plant-Based Foods and Nutraceuticals on Toxoplasma gondii Cysts: Nutritional Therapy as a Viable Approach for Managing Chronic Brain Toxoplasmosis)

As I understand it, viruses feed off of glucose as a byproduct of metabolism, but also can feed off the energy of the cells. Antivirals like curcumin cross the blood brain barrier and could be useful to target viruses.

One random thing, vitamin C and Niacin are recommended as a treatments for schizophrenia as they are antagonists of adrenochrome (niacin schizophrenia at DuckDuckGo), could a chronic infection be the cause of adrenochrome build-up in the brain? (either inability of metabolizing it, or making the body produce more?).

Last edited:

Grapelander

1655345402106.png

AS THE CONQUEROR WORM TURNS: FROM ARCHAEON TO ARCHON, FROM PARASITES TO PARADISE

loess

Bartonella is a gram-negative bacteria, not a parasite, but it can absolutely do this, at least with regard to significantly affecting one's personality. And Bartonella, along with Lyme, Babesia, and other vector-borne pathogens can seriously tank one's testosterone.

OP
S

sleepless1

Bartonella is a gram-negative bacteria, not a parasite, but it can absolutely do this, at least with regard to significantly affecting one's personality. And Bartonella, along with Lyme, Babesia, and other vector-borne pathogens can seriously tank one's testosterone.

Viruses, bacteria, and parasites can change behavior.

Bacteria and parasites feed off of glucose, so a ketosis diet would starve those two.

Ray Peat says a ketosis diet is inflammatory because it increases cortisol:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qcAStYJwpg

But there are many studies showing that a ketosis diet is anti-inflammatory:

I want to try a ketosis diet, with curcumin, propolis, and qurcetin supplementation.

This is anti-Peat, so someone here has to have an opinion on this?

ChadGPT

I don’t like how emotive dogs are nor do I like their blind obedience and need for approval from authority figures. That sounds more like a liberal to me. Cats are far more self-sufficient, less emotionally needy, potty-trained… everything a liberal is not.

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

Ray Peat suggests eating carrots with vinegar to sterilize the gut of bacteria. I also read that he takes antibiotics to kill gut/intestinal bacteria. So he does believe bacteria is bad and advises you to disrupt your microbiome.

It would be interesting to see what he thinks about behavior changing viruses, bacteria, and parasites.

The diet to treat this would be very anti-Peat.

Ketosis to starve bacteria and parasites of their fuel supply, glucose.

Supplements:

Propolis (propolis toxoplasma - Search Results - PubMed)
Artemisia
Curcumin (Impact of Plant-Based Foods and Nutraceuticals on Toxoplasma gondii Cysts: Nutritional Therapy as a Viable Approach for Managing Chronic Brain Toxoplasmosis)

As I understand it, viruses feed off of glucose as a byproduct of metabolism, but also can feed off the energy of the cells. Antivirals like curcumin cross the blood brain barrier and could be useful to target viruses.

One random thing, vitamin C and Niacin are recommended as a treatments for schizophrenia as they are antagonists of adrenochrome (niacin schizophrenia at DuckDuckGo), could a chronic infection be the cause of adrenochrome build-up in the brain? (either inability of metabolizing it, or making the body produce more?).
ketosis does not do that,ketosis can cause symptoms associated to micro organismes exess in your stomach and upper intestins or aggravate it

A

Adf

There are parasites that turn ants into literal zombies.

Also RE cat parasites there's this...

"Toxoplasma is a common 'cat parasite', and has previously been in the spotlight owing to its observed effect on risk-taking and other human behaviours. To some extent, it has also been associated with mental illness. A study led by researchers from Karolinska Institute in Sweden now demonstrates for the first time how the parasite enters the brain to influence its host."

So yeah there's definitely bugs out there that shape personalities, and could cause someone to become hyper sexual, homosexual or pedophilic.

However it's not just parasites that can cause that sort of behavior. Something I've mentioned in another post RE a different topic, the first seven years of your life are mostly unconscious, as you are developing consciousness. Your brain operates in Theta state, Theta state is like akin to when you're in the middle of waking up or falling asleep, bordering between conscious and unconscious.

When you are between 1-7 years old, particularly the younger you are, the information/data you observe is stored deep into your subconscious. That section of your memory is very tough to change as an adult. For example, you can nearly drown at 2 years old, have no conscious memory of said event but live an entire life in fear of open bodied water, not knowing why.

You could witness a parent cheating on the other parent, and grow up to be a serial cheater, not knowing why. Or witness a parent abusing the other, and not know why you have violent tendencies, or you keep finding partners who will abuse you.

Everything you observe and unconsciously learn in those first 7 years of life can and will affect the rest of your life to varying degrees, with or without your conscious awareness of it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom