How To Cure Constipation?

The licorice should be mostly out of your system. I can't really help you other than the advice I already gave you. I also recommended that you give cascara a try. Just don't over do it.

I do understand where you are coming from. I had the lack of nerve response that you describe but it was from a nasty snowboarding injury that fractured my lower back and resulted in sciatica. On top of that, I was restricting calories like an idiot to the point where I developed hypothyroidism. That was years ago. I saw a chiropractor which helped things a little but what actually healed me was eating enough calories again.

Just be honest with your doctor. Tell him all of your symptoms and how you are feeling. Tell him you're having difficulty functioning. You can tell him that you've been doing some research and that you think you may have adrenal insufficiency, hypothyroidism, obstructed bowel, or whatever you think it is and ask him if he can run some tests. Also, ask him what he thinks may be causing your symptoms.

That's my advice, maybe someone else can chime in.

EIRE24

The licorice should be mostly out of your system. I can't really help you other than the advice I already gave you. I also recommended that you give cascara a try. Just don't over do it.

I do understand where you are coming from. I had the lack of nerve response that you describe but it was from a nasty snowboarding injury that fractured my lower back and resulted in sciatica. On top of that, I was restricting calories like an idiot to the point where I developed hypothyroidism. That was years ago. I saw a chiropractor which helped things a little but what actually healed me was eating enough calories again.

Just be honest with your doctor. Tell him all of your symptoms and how you are feeling. Tell him you're having difficulty functioning. You can tell him that you've been doing some research and that you think you may have adrenal insufficiency, hypothyroidism, obstructed bowel, or whatever you think it is and ask him if he can run some tests. Also, ask him what he thinks may be causing your symptoms.

That's my advice, maybe someone else can chime in.
Did you gain weight when you increased your calories?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
But that effect is temporary, right?

15-20 g vit c is A LOT. I'm not sure.

My bowel pains so much. Needle like pains, etc. I'm at community clinic right now.

Lol, 1 gram of vit C isn't gonna do anything. Hopefully you've solved your problem by now. If you have not, you need to be willing to set aside preconceived notions of appropriate dosages and do what it takes.

Of the mentioned solutions, I can confirm that cigarettes are most effective. (Edit: My friends in Turkey and Syria who experienced constipation after quitting smoking resolved their issue by drinking a half cup of olive oil first thing in the morning.) Magnesium and vitamin C will always work if you are willing to dose high enough. Unadulterated cocaine is slightly less effective than cigarettes but will have you in the bathroom in 25-30 minutes.

My advice would be opioid receptor antagonists. From food, the best ones to my knowledge are coffee, decaffeinated or caffeinated, and plums, fresh or dried.

Last edited:
Did you gain weight when you increased your calories?
It's a long story but the short answer is yes. In the end, I was somehow gaining weight despite restricting on keto so I quit. It's been a few years but I'm leaner now than before I started restricting and I was pretty lean to begin with (11% body fat at 195lbs).

Naloxone antagonizes opioid receptors in the gut, right? Maybe that's something else to try. Doing a fiber- free juice fast can help avoid even more obstruction. Prunes may help, but, as @Amazoniac would say, maybe eating more fiber when you're already constipated isn't the best idea.

But prevention — fruit fiber, and the cooked mushrooms AND BAMBOO SHOOTS seems to be working for me. I’ve been experiencing much better gut health and higher temperatures lately with this protocol, and some cascara sagrada AND magnesium.

I am drinking 2 liters of milk a day and that is constipating on its own, for me. But I think this protocol is getting things much better.

The bamboo shoots is really helpful. After you get things moving again, of course.

But prevention — fruit fiber, and the cooked mushrooms AND BAMBOO SHOOTS seems to be working for me. I’ve been experiencing much better gut health and higher temperatures lately with this protocol, and some cascara sagrada AND magnesium.

I am drinking 2 liters of milk a day and that is constipating on its own, for me. But I think this protocol is getting things much better.

The bamboo shoots is really helpful. After you get things moving again, of course.
Yeah, prevention is much better than dealing with a bout of constipation.

My regime to avoid constipation is basically avoiding pretty much every fiber and starch. If I eat just meat( beef or chicken) and ingest sugar syrup and fruit juice( very well strained using a cheese cloth), I always have at least one bowel movement a day, and I really feel like my bowel is putting out all that it needs to, since there is no pressure inside the bowel after I'm done. It's common for me to have another bowel movement later in the day, as long as I stick to my regular diet. Even with pretty much no fiber, I'm feeling low in endotoxin, which makes sense, since, although fiber helps eliminate toxins from the gut, it will stimulate endotoxin production if it stays there for too long.

I tried adding starches back into my diet, but I had terrible results: incomplete and very dry bowel movements, I felt like there was something stuck inside my large intestine. Even with magnesium, there were days that I almost didn't poop after eating rice. My sleep wasn't great either. It solved very quickly after I went starch free again.

I guess different strokes for different folks. Glad you're doing better.

Also, it's interesting that dried meat makes me really constipated too, while fresh meat doesn't at all.

Last edited:

ilhanxx

When I consume 15 gr gelatin daily, my gut stop working, maybe because of hardcore tryptophan depletion.

I’m doing no starch now most days. I’m not sure it makes enough difference if I drink a lot of milk, because it’s still quite constipating. I feel loads better with the bamboo shoots and mushrooms though and a bit of cascara sagrada and magnesium.

I always did feel better when I used to use psyllium every day for 25 years. I got out of that and glad I did, but I think the bamboo shoots are very helpful.

I cook them with ground up mushrooms in the pressure cooker for 45 minutes. Then when I eat them, it’s about a cup full and I add vinegar, coconut oil and salt, and warm it up and it’s really quite tasty too.

When I consume 15 gr gelatin daily, my gut stop working, maybe because of hardcore tryptophan depletion.
Are you hydrating the gelatin in cold water or juice before ingesting it?

If I ingest dry gelatin straight out of the package, I also get indigestion/ constipation. I always hydrate it in cold water( water at room temperature works too, in my experience) and then heat up the gelatin until it's almost boiling, then I slowly drink it while it's warm. I doesn't cause any indigestion or constipation that way.

ilhanxx

Are you hydrating the gelatin in cold water or juice before ingesting it?

If I ingest dry gelatin straight out of the package, I also get indigestion/ constipation. I always hydrate it in cold water( water at room temperature works too, in my experience) and then heat up the gelatin until it's almost boiling, then I slowly drink it while it's warm. I doesn't cause any indigestion or constipation that way.
I drink in a hot coffee (one teaspoon), it dissolves completely.

I’m doing no starch now most days. I’m not sure it makes enough difference if I drink a lot of milk, because it’s still quite constipating. I feel loads better with the bamboo shoots and mushrooms though and a bit of cascara sagrada and magnesium.

I always did feel better when I used to use psyllium every day for 25 years. I got out of that and glad I did, but I think the bamboo shoots are very helpful.

I cook them with ground up mushrooms in the pressure cooker for 45 minutes. Then when I eat them, it’s about a cup full and I add vinegar, coconut oil and salt, and warm it up and it’s really quite tasty too.
It would help to know what OP was eating during the days he was constipated. Maybe the licorice or the loperamide changed his gut function to the point of not tolerating milk for a while without some measures( cascara, for example).

Nice recipe, I can imagine the vinegar being important for the taste, since I adds a nice sour punch to it. I love pressure cookers, so convenient to use. I put some meat in mine with a little bit of water and let it cook for just 10 minutes and it's soft and delicious. Even those fibrous strings inside the meat melt after pressure cooking. Wonderful equipment to have.

I drink in a hot coffee (one teaspoon), it dissolves completely.
There was a time I was adding dry gelatin to very hot water, but I was still getting constipation afterwards. Try hydrating it with cold water( not much is needed, since it's just enough for 1 teaspoon of gelatin). It takes about 15 minutes to hydrate well. Then pour the hot coffee on top of the gelatin and stir. I think you may notice a big difference.

gaze

it’s as simple as eating more food (keep eating till eventually your body starts moving) and relaxing. DO NOT start underrating. it will become a chronic issue

It would help to know what OP was eating during the days he was constipated. Maybe the licorice or the loperamide changed his gut function to the point of not tolerating milk for a while without some measures( cascara, for example).

Nice recipe, I can imagine the vinegar being important for the taste, since I adds a nice sour punch to it. I love pressure cookers, so convenient to use. I put some meat in mine with a little bit of water and let it cook for just 10 minutes and it's soft and delicious. Even those fibrous strings inside the meat melt after pressure cooking. Wonderful equipment to have.

Yes. And Dr. Peat has said the coconut oil, vinegar and salt help increase the antimicrobial action of the bamboo shoots. It is tasty and I really enjoy it. It’s much better than gobbling down a few tablespoons of cold ground mushrooms.

This is actually pleasant to eat.

it’s as simple as eating more food (keep eating till eventually your body starts moving) and relaxing. DO NOT start underrating. it will become a chronic issue
I agree that under-eating only leads to more constipation( lack of calories means less vigor in the gut, making it weaker), but what type of food do you have in mind?

John Rose advocates "juice feasting"( not fasting) as a way to give the gut a rest, and if I recall correctly, he said that people on juice feasts have lots of bowel movements. Of course, living just with juices isn't feasible, so this should only be done for short periods of time. Eventually, richer foods, such as meat, gelatin, milk, eggs should be added( but John Rose, as far as I know, doesn't endorse eating animal products, so this last sentence is my opinion).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom