How To Cure Constipation?

Astolfo

I was okey till a week ago. Then I started experimenting with licorice root tea. It literally freezed my gut. I have been not pooped since a week. Yesterday I tried 15 mL of lactulose as a laxative. It did lots of bloats but still got no urge to poop.

Today, I'm like a bomb. 1 Week of job and lactulose, lots of thing happening down here(noise etc.) but I literally feel no urge, sensation. I need help.

Btw, my farts really smell. I guess methane could be culprit but I don't know how to cure it.

@ecstatichamster I read your post about ozonated magnezium but it's not being sold here. Do you have another opinion?

GorillaHead

So you believe the licorice root caused your constipation. ?

By what mechanism?

Here’s a few things to try high dose caffeine and some fiber and or magnesium.

there could be other Useful things but it all depends on the cause of your constipation.

ThinPicking

Salt and taurine should get you moving again.

Don't overdose them though. Sprinkle a little salt on your food and take 500 mg taurine morning/night. Try to restrict your fluid consumption while you're doing this, don't gulp down loads of water at least.

When your bowel gets going you'll probably feel a bit euphoric.

if you've actually been constipated for a week go to a store ASAP and buy milk of magnesia i.e. magnesium hydroxide. It's not hard to find at all, you can buy it at many grocery stores. it should be a crystalline powder. whatever the measurements are, take 200 mg and dissolve it in water. drink the water. wait 3 hours, if you still haven't excreted then take another 200 mg. keep on doing that until you excrete. the magnesium might irritate your gut but i guarantee you will excrete and feel extremely relieved.

Dino D

1500 mg magnesium, lot of coffee, vitamin c 5-10 gram, salt water one-two teespon first thing in the morning...
Lot of water...
Running and some streaching (joga like)
Good luck

Lots of vitamin c will make you go. Another option for acute constipation.
Cascara sagrada is safe.

I’ve added bamboo shoots well cooked to my mushrooms and that seems to be very helpful. Very.

OP
A

Astolfo

So you believe the licorice root caused your constipation. ?

It started right after that. I stopped licorice but its effects persist.

Also, a week ago I was also using loperamide daily for a few days. That could be culprit as well.

I don't know the mechanism. Water retention(mineralocorticoid excess)?

@Nicolas Noyola @Dino D @ecstatichamster

Thank you all. I have magnesium sup at home. Total 200 mg elemental (bisglycinate, maleate, citrate).

600 mg total mag(3 tab) and 1 gram of vit C. Also a few cups of coffee. Would it be enough? Magnesium hydroxide I will try too.

Do you think garlic juice is a good option? I have read that it kills methanogenic strains too.

Jam

Be careful with milk of magnesia as many brands contain sodium hypochlorite (bleach)...

15 or 20g of vitamin c is sometimes required to get bowels moving. Cascara sagrada is very effective. Magnesium of course.

OP
A

Astolfo

Loperamide is incredibly nasty. It stops peristalsis.

But that effect is temporary, right?

15-20 g vit c is A LOT. I'm not sure.

My bowel pains so much. Needle like pains, etc. I'm at community clinic right now.

I'm sorry about your suffering.
I agree with everyone posted above. Some other thing you could try. Smoking a cigarette. Ketotifen, start with 200 mcg. Eat a lot of prunes or apricots. Eating whole big papaya like a kilo or more would help too.

But that effect is temporary, right?

15-20 g vit c is A LOT. I'm not sure.

My bowel pains so much. Needle like pains, etc. I'm at community clinic right now.

Yes but loperamide probably causes damage that will take some time to undo.

15 or 20g of vitamin c is sometimes required to get bowels moving. Cascara sagrada is very effective. Magnesium of course.

I second this. High dose vitamin c can work but sometimes doesn't for whatever reason. Cascara is no joke though. The cascara from the lifegivingstore comes with this dainty little measuring spoon. Two or three heaping spoonfuls with that tiny spoon will get things moving for sure. I would typically recommend following the label since it's so potent but considering it's been a week I'd say it's an emergency. You could also try about a pound of coconut butter...*shudders at the thought*

Licorice root increases cortisol and drops testosterone significantly. Maybe this explains why it can constipate some?

OP
A

Astolfo

Licorice root increases cortisol and drops testosterone significantly. Maybe this explains why it can constipate some?

I think so. I'm adrenally insufficient. I think I have sympatetic dominance and licorice root suddenly turned it into paramsympathetic. But, what will I do? How can I explain it to doctors?

The doctor gave me an enema and a syrup. I forgot to say that I took licorice and loperamide a week ago. Loperamide's effect has subsided but Licorice still has an effect. What will I do?

I second this. High dose vitamin c can work but sometimes doesn't for whatever reason. Cascara is no joke though. The cascara from the lifegivingstore comes with this dainty little measuring spoon. Two or three heaping spoonfuls with that tiny spoon will get things moving for sure. I would typically recommend following the label since it's so potent but considering it's been a week I'd say it's an emergency. You could also try about a pound of coconut butter...*shudders at the thought*

Vitamin C always works, but sometimes you need a LOT and that says that your body needs more anyway.

I think so. I'm adrenally insufficient. I think I have sympatetic dominance and licorice root suddenly turned it into paramsympathetic. But, what will I do? How can I explain it to doctors?

The doctor gave me an enema and a syrup. I forgot to say that I took licorice and loperamide a week ago. Loperamide's effect has subsided but Licorice still has an effect. What will I do?

Well, I'm not your doctor but you could request a salivary cortisol test during your next visit to confirm. My opinion? The effect from the licorice should wear off and your body will rebalance. In the mean time, try to avoid significant stressors as much as possible and be sure to eat sufficient calories and get enough sleep. Worrying, by the way, is a significant stressor. Stress and lack of calories can definitely cause constipation. If you still have motility issues, try cascara until you're regular and then wean off of it. Less is more with this stuff.

Vitamin C always works, but sometimes you need a LOT and that says that your body needs more anyway.

You're probably right, I've just never reached 20 grams of vitamin c, maybe only 5 grams at best.

OP
A

Astolfo

Applied enema. There is really no react from my gut. That's completely paralysed, god damn.

OP
A

Astolfo

Well, I'm not your doctor but you could request a salivary cortisol test during your next visit to confirm. My opinion? The effect from the licorice should wear off and your body will rebalance. In the mean time, try to avoid significant stressors as much as possible and be sure to eat sufficient calories and get enough sleep. Worrying, by the way, is a significant stressor. Stress and lack of calories can definitely cause constipation. If you still have motility issues, try cascara until you're regular and then wean off of it. Less is more with this stuff.

You're probably right, I've just never reached 20 grams of vitamin c, maybe only 5 grams at best.

I haven't been drinking licorice for 5 days. Why it's still persist? Could you help me? How can I explain this to doctor? They don't do these tests for a no reason. I don't know how can ı explain to them.

I guess it's called pseudo-obstruction. The gut doesn't push the foods through the gut. There is no nerve response down there.

Back
Top Bottom