Horseradish Inactivates Bacterial Endotoxin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@natedawggh with another great find.

There are practically no foods or supplemental products which directly inactivate endotoxin, which is why these conditions seem to persist so easily, but there is one which works exceptionally well and that is HORSERADISH.

The exact machanism in which endotoxin causes a decline in the metabolic rate is to strongly reduce the rate by which cholesterol is converted into our steroid hormones such as testosterone and progesterone. So when using horseradish to eliminate endotoxin it is really necessary to have more than adequate sources of good fats like butter or additive-free ice cream in order to restore the body's cholesterol and steroid production. This is not an ideal time to embark on a low-fat diet, and in fact doing low fat during this restoration could actually prevent healing from taking place.

More at link:
The Cure for Metabolic Disease

Study:
Polymyxin B-horseradish peroxidase conjugates as tools in endotoxin research. - PubMed - NCBI

Pompadour

Very interesting information. Horseradish is very popular where i live now (Russia). But how much should one take to see benefits? It is rather hot thing - like wasabi or pepper... not every stomach can handle it easily.

dfspcc20

I found a relatively cheap (US $3.49) product here at a grocery store in the US that I'm excited to start experimenting with.

Attachments

• IMG_7074.JPG
    IMG_7074.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7075.JPG
    IMG_7075.JPG
    260.6 KB · Views: 76

Tarmander

Ate a bunch of horseradish with oysters last week, noticed nothing. Will try to get some root and see what happens.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Just picked up some root, gonna give it a run.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

tankasnowgod

I found a relatively cheap (US $3.49) product here at a grocery store in the US that I'm excited to start experimenting with.

I found some just like this where I live. I just mixed it with some sour cream to make a creamy horseradish. It tastes fantastic, Imma gonna try it on calf liver this evening.

Diokine

This is really cool, I eat a lot of shrimps and make cocktail sauce with ketchup and sriracha, sometimes horseradish. It's always been really delicious and now I will enjoy it even more.

tara

tankasnowgod

By the way, horseradish is a root (well, the part we eat, anyway). As such, it may have benefits similar to the daily carrot, along the Peat line of thinking. So, this deactivating endotoxin thang kinda makes sense.

Kyle M

It's not that it inactivates it, it binds it and kind of inactivates it. There is debate in the literature over whether it just blocks it from showing up in activity assays or truly deactivates/destroys it, and how temporary the effect is.

Diokine

I had a big dollop of horseradish with my steak last night, along with ~3 cups of vanilla ice cream. I slept great and woke up very refreshed. My tongue feels different today. I think the horseradish is effective.

I wonder about a carrot/ginger/horseradish salad, 1-2-3 punch of perfect anti-microbial factors and tasty to boot.

dfspcc20

I made a creamy horseradish with sour cream and put it on my calf liver last night. It was AWESOME.

Sounds delicious.
Someone on the Ray Peat Inspired FB group posted a recipe a while ago for an oyster dip, which is just a can of oysters blended with some cream cheese and lemon juice. I think adding some horseradish to that would make it taste phenomenal.

dfspcc20

I think it's a bust for me, at least the brand I tried (pictured above).
Was taking around 2tsp/day this past week. Didn't really notice any benefits (was hoping for longer stretches of sleep), but noticed an obvious grumpy feeling most of the day, as well as feeling more easily angered and temperamental. Seems likely a gut irritant and/or estrogenic, for me anyways.
I found a brand of freeze-dried wasabi from Japan from a specialty grocer here that I plan to try after taking a week or so off. I'll try to report back in.

BibleBeliever

@natedawggh with another great find.
More at link:
The Cure for Metabolic Disease

"Even stranger, it seems that the bacteria which causes this condition is not even in the intestinal system, but is instead located in the sinus cavities of the head. This would make sense for several reasons: 1.) Horseradish, which when eaten does that thing where the chemicals travels from the back of your tongue up the nasopharynx and into your posterior sinuses is unique in this respect, and this method also seems to be the most effective at relieving the symptoms, with one dose lasting for several days where swallowing it quickly only stops symptoms for a day (in my experience)

2.) Many people, doctors and sufferers alike, have made tremendous efforts to alter the digestive environment to alleviate metabolic disease with no significant benefit 3.) The digestive system is actually pretty good at controlling bacterial populations even in disease states, especially if a beneficial diet is eaten, yet even with a good diet the disease continues to persist, and 4.) bacteria in the intestinal system have constant and easy access to food and nutrients, so it is unnecessary for them to cause metabolic distress and in fact would be counterintuitive for their own survival, but a bacterium in the nasal passages has no such ready access to food and nutrition and it would benefit from compromising the host's metabolic state, causing blood sugar to be constantly elevated (our body usually regulates blood sugar very closely and is compromised in metabolic disease).

5.) Also present in sufferers of metabolic disease is a persistent post-nasal drip and lung/breathing/and cardiovascular difficulties, which could be caused by an intestinal infection but is more probable from an infection in another location, such as the sinuses. The bacteria would easily use the post nasal drip to deliver endotoxic properties directly into the stomach and digestive system. Since this is the case, therapeutic use of horseradish would require the horseradish to "travel up into your sinuses," and clear your head. But please don't contemplate putting it directly into your nasal passages. I cannot imagine how painful this would be. Please do not do it. It works well enough to have the horseradish touch the postnasal canal from the back of your tongue. "

This paragraph is rather interesting. A few months ago I started to get terrible issues. My nose became fully dry. It stopped producing mucus for about a month or two. I noticed whenever I cleaned my nose I would get tingling sensations in the head, in the calves and so on. I always assumed this correlation was a fluke, but I noticed over 60 times so far that whenever I clean my nose, I get tingles and even minor inflammation in my side.

I only had improvement by stopping the cleaning of my nose for as long as possible and when I do I put coconut oil in it afterward. If I do not put coconut oil in it I notice weakness as well, great fatigue and other symptoms, but I can't pinpoint exactly what mechanisms are going on. Or if I'm just seeing innumerable coincidences.

There were times I would wake up from sleep with weird crawling sensations all through out my head and I would open my eyes and feel burning and see what looked like crawling white worms? everywhere and purple spots. It was very bizarre.

When this issue started there was a burning/drip-like sensation at my throat too. That I would feel every time I swallow. I gained quite a bit of weight without diet change too and began to experience cold hands and feet for the first time in my life.

I noticed the tingling spread to the cheeks, under the eyes, even in the ears; there were times I thought an insect was crawling on my ear, but it was just strange sensations.
Then it spread to the blood vessels, where they would actually pulsate/spasm and have burning sensations, the regions which would experience this would leave purple veins after.

The doctor just said oh it's just allergies and sort of acted like I was overreacting.
Went to another doctor they said the same.

Needless to say I bought thyroid and have had great improvement taking it daily, cutting out pufa, having lots of coconut oil, butter.
I also experienced allergies for the first time in my life in relation to this and they are severe.
Most foods cause great issues. I am only now having improvements. Lots of sunshine and thyroid very helpful.

Lost all the gained weight and then some. Gelatin digesting good again, giving great strength; training constantly with good results. Many of the allergies have weakened, as well as the tingling.
Still never knew for sure what was happening in the body though.

I'm wondering then if what this paragraph says applies, has anyone heard of such a thing? Bacteria in the sinus effecting the body in this manner? Or is it quackery?
Just bought some horseradish, will try this; if its applicable, real wasabi should do the same.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals