Horseradish Inactivates Bacterial Endotoxin

Xisca

Bacteria in the sinus effecting the body in this manner?
"it seems that the bacteria which causes this condition is not even in the intestinal system, but is instead located in the sinus cavities of the head.
Horseradish, which when eaten does that thing where the chemicals travels from the back of your tongue up the nasopharynx and into your posterior sinuses

bacteria in the intestinal system have constant and easy access to food and nutrients, so it is unnecessary for them to cause metabolic distress and in fact would be counterintuitive for their own survival, but a bacterium in the nasal passages has no such ready access to food and nutrition and it would benefit from compromising the host's metabolic state, causing blood sugar to be constantly elevated (our body usually regulates blood sugar very closely and is compromised in metabolic disease).

Also present in sufferers of metabolic disease is a persistent post-nasal drip and lung/breathing/and cardiovascular difficulties, which could be caused by an intestinal infection but is more probable from an infection in another location, such as the sinuses."
About the relationship between sinus and endotoxins, I totally agree, and I think I will try to deal with it...

1) What says Buteyko when you reach a CP of 30? Some issues will come out, because the body will have the resources to deal with it. This includes yeast growth such as athelete foot, and teeth/gum/throat/sinus problems. Actually, topical chronic infections, and it is not about the intestine.
I clearly had teeth problems and started to pay attention to my chronic little nose drip!
I recovered from sinusitis by stopping dairies a few years ago, when I had access only to industrial dairies. I have no problem with the natural raw goat ones.

2) Very interesting to know that a metabolic problem results in a high sugar level, exactly what I have, as I am just over the max of the normal range. Strangely I also have hot flashes, suggesting low sugar... I have not tested to see if it makes some yoyo...

3) NASTURTIUM

They taste like horse radish. And some people use them to treat flue/bronchitis. They extract some juice of it. It is also used in salads by those who know they are edible. For me the leaves are too strong but I like the flowers. Cooked leaves loose the flavor.
I have tried to eat a mouthful of flowers and swallow the juice, and the effect on my back throat/nose, was soooooooooooooo strong! The vapors really go up there!

4) MORINGA

Few people know this is a brassicales, thus a cousin of horseradish. Some sources give it as a replacement for horseradish, though others suggest that the root is the only toxic part of moringa. Anyway, the leaves are of good use and taste like ...radish.
A lot of people use them dry, as a powder, and they seem to be full of nutrients, but the strong "gas in the nose" is lost.

-> I am almost sure that they have the same properties as horseradish, if you find them raw. I guess the flavor that heat destroys is based on sulfur.

Anyone who finds more about the similar chemistry of those 3 plants is welcome to share!

As I have nasturtium and moringa in the garden, I will make the big effort to try them, and will comment.

I do not like radish except with a lot of butter... and I rarely eat some of those 2 plants, as they hurt my nose.
-> I guess this is because the bacterias thriving on my high sugar, and living for free in the warm caves of my face, do not want me to take it! I like the taste, but it burns in the back of my nose.

How do you react to this sort of product?

Don't you think that if you eat it with cream, horseradish will not be as useful? Because it will not be strong in the nose, but rather go to the stomach, where it will not be so useful.

BibleBeliever

About the relationship between sinus and endotoxins, I totally agree, and I think I will try to deal with it...

1) What says Buteyko when you reach a CP of 30? Some issues will come out, because the body will have the resources to deal with it. This includes yeast growth such as athelete foot, and teeth/gum/throat/sinus problems. Actually, topical chronic infections, and it is not about the intestine.
I clearly had teeth problems and started to pay attention to my chronic little nose drip!
I recovered from sinusitis by stopping dairies a few years ago, when I had access only to industrial dairies. I have no problem with the natural raw goat ones.

2) Very interesting to know that a metabolic problem results in a high sugar level, exactly what I have, as I am just over the max of the normal range. Strangely I also have hot flashes, suggesting low sugar... I have not tested to see if it makes some yoyo...

3) NASTURTIUM

They taste like horse radish. And some people use them to treat flue/bronchitis. They extract some juice of it. It is also used in salads by those who know they are edible. For me the leaves are too strong but I like the flowers. Cooked leaves loose the flavor.
I have tried to eat a mouthful of flowers and swallow the juice, and the effect on my back throat/nose, was soooooooooooooo strong! The vapors really go up there!

4) MORINGA

Few people know this is a brassicales, thus a cousin of horseradish. Some sources give it as a replacement for horseradish, though others suggest that the root is the only toxic part of moringa. Anyway, the leaves are of good use and taste like ...radish.
A lot of people use them dry, as a powder, and they seem to be full of nutrients, but the strong "gas in the nose" is lost.

-> I am almost sure that they have the same properties as horseradish, if you find them raw. I guess the flavor that heat destroys is based on sulfur.

Anyone who finds more about the similar chemistry of those 3 plants is welcome to share!

As I have nasturtium and moringa in the garden, I will make the big effort to try them, and will comment.

I do not like radish except with a lot of butter... and I rarely eat some of those 2 plants, as they hurt my nose.
-> I guess this is because the bacterias thriving on my high sugar, and living for free in the warm caves of my face, do not want me to take it! I like the taste, but it burns in the back of my nose.

How do you react to this sort of product?

Don't you think that if you eat it with cream, horseradish will not be as useful? Because it will not be strong in the nose, but rather go to the stomach, where it will not be so useful.

Have you tried real wasabi? It is the strongest on the nose I've ever tasted. Sometime burns 10-100x more than horseradish, right in the nose.

Tarmander

This paragraph is rather interesting. A few months ago I started to get terrible issues. My nose became fully dry. It stopped producing mucus for about a month or two. I noticed whenever I cleaned my nose I would get tingling sensations in the head, in the calves and so on. I always assumed this correlation was a fluke, but I noticed over 60 times so far that whenever I clean my nose, I get tingles and even minor inflammation in my side.

I only had improvement by stopping the cleaning of my nose for as long as possible and when I do I put coconut oil in it afterward. If I do not put coconut oil in it I notice weakness as well, great fatigue and other symptoms, but I can't pinpoint exactly what mechanisms are going on. Or if I'm just seeing innumerable coincidences.

There were times I would wake up from sleep with weird crawling sensations all through out my head and I would open my eyes and feel burning and see what looked like crawling white worms? everywhere and purple spots. It was very bizarre.

When this issue started there was a burning/drip-like sensation at my throat too. That I would feel every time I swallow. I gained quite a bit of weight without diet change too and began to experience cold hands and feet for the first time in my life.

I noticed the tingling spread to the cheeks, under the eyes, even in the ears; there were times I thought an insect was crawling on my ear, but it was just strange sensations.
Then it spread to the blood vessels, where they would actually pulsate/spasm and have burning sensations, the regions which would experience this would leave purple veins after.

The doctor just said oh it's just allergies and sort of acted like I was overreacting.
Went to another doctor they said the same.

Needless to say I bought thyroid and have had great improvement taking it daily, cutting out pufa, having lots of coconut oil, butter.
I also experienced allergies for the first time in my life in relation to this and they are severe.
Most foods cause great issues. I am only now having improvements. Lots of sunshine and thyroid very helpful.

Lost all the gained weight and then some. Gelatin digesting good again, giving great strength; training constantly with good results. Many of the allergies have weakened, as well as the tingling.
Still never knew for sure what was happening in the body though.

I'm wondering then if what this paragraph says applies, has anyone heard of such a thing? Bacteria in the sinus effecting the body in this manner? Or is it quackery?
Just bought some horseradish, will try this; if its applicable, real wasabi should do the same.

Dang dude, that is some interesting, over 9000 level ***t right there. So with the addition of thyroid etc, do you still have the nose cleaning issues occasionally, or are they gone?

Xisca

Have you tried real wasabi? It is the strongest on the nose I've ever tasted. Sometime burns 10-100x more than horseradish, right in the nose.
I would like to try and reach bacterias without burning my nose dry!
Even nasturtium flowers are difficult to stand for me.

walker_in_aus

This has been a revolutionary thing for me, especially to do with my insomnia. I take powdered form with water, and within half an hour I feel like a warm happy cat. I have problems with heart beating to hard at night and adrenaline rushes, and freezing feet and general feeling of discomfort and when I started drinking horseradish it completely disappeared. And I am now at a similar temperature to my partner at night so I don't need extra blankets or layers of clothes to sleep!

Xisca

I think that this information has an even bigger importance than I thought...
I am not very scientific, but I am good at crossing informations and getting ideas.

The point I think about is the throat – sinus connection, and food for bacterias there.
Of course they get less food than those living in the intestine.
I agree that horse radish "emanation"s in the throat can reach sinus.

Now, contrary to what seems healthful, I got my health back from ORL issues by stopping sugar and dairies. And it worked.
I have introduced this back into my diet, and I have gotten 3 bronchitis in 1 year, after YEARS WITHOUT.
I was off tooth decays for years, and I have 5 new ones now.

SO WHY PROBLEMS WITH SOME DAIRIES AND SUGAR?
My tonsils are dark red, I have nose drip, I wash before bed and when I get up, as I have some mucus to spit. I gargle and clean this. I sleep with some white clay in my mouth and it helps. I clean my tongue Indian way, but with a table spoon.

AND WHO HAVE THE SAME:

I guess this is normal, but never know... Whatever I eat stays long in my throat. When I wash my teeth and throat even some time after meal, I can still spit some dark chocolate for example, that is stuck at the back of my throat. It sticks there.

If endotoxins come also from sinus,
and if some "plant as medicine" can go up and have an effect from the back of the throat,
then "bacterias food" could also come up!
So, they can have less than in the intestine, but still can get something...

Then here is the idea:
Yes dairies and sugar are good food and fuel, BUT.
They are good food for all our guests...
IF sugar and dairies are processed, sensitive persons with sinus issues will react because bacterias get food.
IF sugar and dairies are traditional, such as raw milk from grass fed animals or fruits, or raw honey that is anti-bacterial, or sugar from roots that also have some anti-bacteria protection, THEN they might not hurt!

We need not only a sterile UPPER gut but also a sterile throat.

Stomach acid + alkaline juices further down, are supposed to "take care" of bacterias, virus and fungi entering our system by the mouth, but the throat is NOT PROTECTED. Some strong plants might do the job?

Xisca

wikipedia

The unique flavor of wasabi is a result of complex chemical mixtures from the broken cells of the plant, including those resulting from the hydrolysis of thioglucosides into glucose and methylthioalkyl isothiocyanates:[9][17][18]

• 6-MITC
  • 7-methylthioheptyl isothiocyanate
  • 8-methylthiooctyl isothiocyanate
Research has shown that such isothiocyanates inhibit microbe growth, perhaps with implications for preserving food against spoilage and suppressing oral bacterial growth

Due to its high cost, a common substitute is a mixture of horseradish, mustard, starch and green food coloring or spinach powder.

Last edited:

Xisca

I take powdered form with water, and within half an hour I feel like a warm happy cat.

Clearly gives heat!
Only the spanish wiki mention the medicinal use:
Es una planta diurética, antiescorbútica, digestiva, revulsiva, rubefaciente.

Principios activos: Las raíces y hojas contienen sinigrina (alil-glucosinato) y 2-fenil-etil-glucosinolato.3

Indicaciones: antiescorbútico, digestivo, sudorífico, diurético, depurativo, carminativo, pectoral. Contra el raquitismo. Es muy raro el envenamiento, dado su sabor extremadamente picante, pero se han dado casos; se caracteriza por fuerte irritación de los tejidos en contacto, inflamación del tracto digestivo, vómitos de sangre y diarreas.3

The intact horseradish root has hardly any aroma. When cut or grated, however, enzymes from the now-broken plant cells break down sinigrin (a glucosinolate) to produce allyl isothiocyanate (mustard oil), which irritates the mucous membranes of the sinuses and eyes. Grated mash should be used immediately or preserved in vinegar for best flavor. Once exposed to air or heat it will begin to lose its pungency, darken in color, and become unpleasantly bitter tasting over time.

Curiously, the dry form should loose its properties!
Maybe less irritating?
@walker_in_aus Is your water mix very strong?

Xisca

BibleBeliever

Dang dude, that is some interesting, over 9000 level ***t right there. So with the addition of thyroid etc, do you still have the nose cleaning issues occasionally, or are they gone?

Unfortunately it still comes and goes. I try to clean my nose no more than once a day, and sometimes try not to for days. I work with tires, so it gets filled with black gunk. Whenever I clean my nose I add coconut oil after. My nose still does not produce enough mucus without it. Any time I have failed to add coconut oil after I always get tired and sometimes inflammation by my liver.
Sometimes at the bottom of the right nose there is what feels like a sore, that comes and goes.

A lot of the issues also occured when I had to cut tires at work, they did not warn me of any chemicals; I cut 100s of tires and began getting pressures in my head and other issues. I would notice an extreme change in thought patterns every time I cut tires; extraordinary aggressive thoughts and the like. I had that bloody nose that wouldnt go away when cutting them. The smoke from the tires smelled very toxic. I am very fearful to ever cut tires again; however at least they finally gave me a facemask to help. I have inquired of others who have cut tires though and they did not experience the same issues.
It is possible that having a bloody nose was the variable causing the harm, but I can't know for sure. Now when I use the facemask I mostly get tingling on the top of my head and pressure there after cutting the tires.

There are others at work who do get bloody noses, or who seem to clean their noses frequently; every break some of them blowing their noses. Interestingly the one guy who blows his nose every break is always fatigued, falling asleep during every meeting, during lunch break, during every break; I wonder if there is a correlation. The company denies that tire dust exists, but having black stuff inside one's nose after every shift shows otherwise.

It is hard to pinpoint for sure; my memory and mind often function much differently than they used to.

Trying everything that is pro-thyroid is still helping. I still get blood vessel pressures and mild burning, mostly in the calves, that come and go; mostly in reaction to food.

I also was getting all these strange indented lines in my forearms after eating food; mostly foods with any carbohydrates/sugars. I would take pictures, have dozens of photos. No explanation of what it is. Sometimes these lines would appear on my forehead or elsewhere and the general area would burn.
The forearm lines/burning has stopped about 95% at least.

Number 1 recommendation, never work with rubber. Been reading more on it, many link it to the #1 toxin to work with and associated with various cancers.
Could be coincidence but since working there 100s of new moles have appeared on my skin. Fortunately none of them look cancerous. When these issues occurred is when the most appeared; especially on the forearms, sometimes would see a few new ones appear in one day. Many of them very small. Apparently the causation is iron combining with PUFAs? Tires are high in iron, so perhaps the dust going on the skin might be a cause?

I hope to get out of this industry; many who started are now entirely different people, especially mentally.
Their water isn't any better either. I have asked them over and over again to clean the water, but they almost never do. Endless reports of people getting diarrhea from drinking water from coolers they never clean. One guy told me years ago he went to change the cooler and there was green mold everywhere. I notice that the tap water there causes extreme inflammation and aggressive thoughts as well.
Since bringing my own bottled water the improvements have increased.

Endless variables. Some days I will research for 8 hours after work, just trying to figure out ample health to contrast this. Many 100s of hours, but the research is never-ending.

Consuming many coffees a day with some coconut oil, butter and gelatin is helping a lot too. Blueberries consumed with it as well.

BibleBeliever

I don't think anything can burn stronger than freshly ground horseradish.
Oh maybe you are right. The wasabi I had probably was fake and made from horseradish.
The stuff I have been trying is just slightly strong. At the restaurant a little dab of the "wasabi" made me go WASABI from the intense burn in the nostrils.
I'll see if I can get some fresh horseradish and see what is a safe dosage not to effect the thyroid.

tara

3) NASTURTIUM

I've used the flowers or sometimes a little of the shredded leaves mixed into a salad in the past - yes, strong. And very very easy to grow, too. :)

tara

The company denies that tire dust exists, but having black stuff inside one's nose after every shift shows otherwise.
I've noticed horrible smell regularly going past a tyre place in my area. I would really struggle to face a day in there, and I'd be surprised if it's not doing harm.
I hope to get out of this industry
Looks like a really good idea to me - I hope you can do this soon. Even better if they could be required to clean up their act to make if safe for everyone working there.
Tires are high in iron, so perhaps the dust going on the skin might be a cause?
I wonder if some kind of barrier layer of grease on the skin could be useful protection, keep it out of the pores and make it easy to wash off at the end of the day? That's just speculation, not knowledge, but maybe worth an experiment with some cocoa butter + coconut oil mix or tallow or other saturated variant?
The face mask seems like a really good idea. And getting outside for fresh air for any breaks you can get, and if you have any tendency to hyperventilation, then working on that might reduce your exposure a bit too?
Good luck.

walker_in_aus

Curiously, the dry form should loose its properties!
Maybe less irritating?
@walker_in_aus Is your water mix very strong?

Hi Xisca,

Interesting theories, I do have swollen tonsils and tonsil stone problems.... and I always have a bit of food in my throat!

My mix isn't very strong, it is a powered wasabi so not even 100% horseradish. It's enough to make the water taste mildly of wasabi peas - slight spice and savoury tinge.

Xisca

Now when I use the facemask I mostly get tingling on the top of my head and pressure there after cutting the tires.
Not all facemasks are equal, and if it is only for dust, it is not enough.
Of course we would have to ipen another thread to talk about this... I even traval by plane with a mask, and would use one whenever I see the need.

Xisca

Interesting theories, I do have swollen tonsils and tonsil stone problems.... and I always have a bit of food in my throat!
Tonsil is part of the focal infections mentionned by Buteyko, linked to teeth, dead roots and sinus, and I now believe this is very important, though it does not seem to bother much, as a chronic seemingly not important stuff that do not bother so much for living!

I really believe this stuff of the horseradish is important, but that we have to not burn the inside of the nose etc, or the cure might be worse that the illness!
Right dosage is key all the time.

Let's see if other person also have the same uncommodities in the mouth and around...

Rand56

I ordered horseradish powder and sprinkled a 1/4 teaspoon on my dinner last night. Only effects noticed was a slight warming sensation in my gut, and a slight tinge sensation on my tongue. Did not get any overall body heat sensation. It was fairly uneventful.

Birdie

We used to grow our own horseradish. Now I get it at a local market but mainly use Bubbie's prepared. It's in the refrigerated section.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals