Higher Resting Heart Rate Linked To Higher Risk Of All Cause Mortality

Sefton10

1627312731054.png

o_O

P

Peatness

This paper is linking higher RHR with cancer mortality
I’m so cynical these days. The first thing that comes to mind is which pharma funded this study? Dr Peat seems to think RHR of 80-90 is good.

Sefton10

I’m so cynical these days. The first thing that comes to mind is which pharma funded this study? Dr Peat seems to think RHR of 80-90 is good.
I've been there and done the high 30s/low 40s RHR, never again.

gaze

even peat agrees a heart can become more efficient in athletes, causing a lower RHR right?

I wonder how a RHR of 60 that maintains a body temp of 98.6 would compare to a RHR of 85 at the same body temp.

body temp seems more important overall, and the lower RHR while maintaing the same body temp seems to be more comfortable to deal with. of course it's quite difficult to get a low heart rate with high temp, usually it's in young male athletes

Sefton10

even peat agrees a heart can become more efficient in athletes, causing a lower RHR right?

I wonder how a RHR of 60 that maintains a body temp of 98.6 would compare to a RHR of 85 at the same body temp.

body temp seems more important overall, and the lower RHR while maintaing the same body temp seems to be more comfortable to deal with. of course it's quite difficult to get a low heart rate with high temp, usually it's in young male athletes
I agree a middle ground could be optimal. An RHR of 80-90 has always seemed a little high to me personally. Warm hands and feet coupled with an RHR around 65-70 is when I feel best.

gaze

I agree a middle ground could be optimal. An RHR of 80-90 has always seemed a little high to me personally. Warm hands and feet coupled with an RHR around 65-70 is when I feel best.
A HR of 90 doesn't give a lot of leeway for physical activity. ray said you know when your a bit hyper when you get out of breath even doing a short walk. i think even if your not hyper but maintain a 90 HR, any physical activity past ordinary walking will quickly put you out of breath.

so i think maintaining a high HR is good for people who just enjoy walking and doing ordinary activities, while a lower HR is better for people who like to swim, bike, ski, lift weights, etc. that require someone to be able to go a long time without feeling weak or out of breath

Sefton10

so i think maintaining a high HR is good for people who just enjoy walking and doing ordinary activities, while a lower HR is better for people who like to swim, bike, ski, lift weights, etc. that require someone to be able to go a long time without feeling weak or out of breath
Agree. I'm enjoying golf at the moment, feels like the ideal low impact activity. I play early after sunrise when the course is empty so I can get a round in at a decent pace. Sometimes even throw a sprint in up the odd hill to get the HR up a little.

gaze

Agree. I'm enjoying golf at the moment, feels like the ideal low impact activity. I play early after sunrise when the course is empty so I can get a round in at a decent pace. Sometimes even throw a sprint in up the odd hill to get the HR up a little.
i've been playing quite a bit of golf as well. i forgo the carts most people use to get a ton of steps in. I can't get myself to do an 18 hole though.

Sefton10

i've been playing quite a bit of golf as well. i forgo the carts most people use to get a ton of steps in. I can't get myself to do an 18 hole though.
Only takes me 2 hours to play 18, I've played pretty much every morning for the last fortnight. Heaven is an empty golf course at 5.30am on a sunny morning after some goat milk and honey :sunglasses:

gaze

Only takes me 2 hours to play 18, I've played pretty much every morning for the last fortnight. Heaven is an empty golf course at 5.30am on a sunny morning after some goat milk and honey :sunglasses:
I usually go with 3-4 people with 10 minute intervals between tee times so it takes about 4-5 hours for an 18... i should try out going solo on an empty course

Last edited:

Vileplume

Does anybody know what it means when someone’s daytime resting heart rate is way higher than their sleeping heart rate? Mine usually drops like 30% when I fall asleep, from around 80 down to 55, 50, or even lower. Which one would count as my resting heart rate? It seems like most people’s heart rates don’t drop that much in sleep. Perhaps high adrenaline?

According to mainstream medical advice, a large sleeping heart rate dip is good, but I’m not so sure.

InChristAlone

A HR of 90 doesn't give a lot of leeway for physical activity. ray said you know when your a bit hyper when you get out of breath even doing a short walk. i think even if your not hyper but maintain a 90 HR, any physical activity past ordinary walking will quickly put you out of breath.

My RHR is 80-90 and I can confirm I can get breathless easier than others. Temps have been 98.6 or higher since 2014.

Vileplume

My RHR is 80-90 and I can confirm I can get breathless easier than others. Temps have been 98.6 or higher since 2014.
Have you noticed any other drawbacks that come along with this breathlessness? For example, increased anxiety, insomnia, or any negative mood effects? Does it feel healthy?

InChristAlone

Have you noticed any other drawbacks that come along with this breathlessness? For example, increased anxiety, insomnia, or any negative mood effects? Does it feel healthy?
Yes, anxiety has been an issue for me, but I'm fine as long as I eat enough and avoid foods that promote inflammation (which is different for everyone). Insomnia only if calories drop below 1700 (I'm small). No it hasn't always felt healthy to have a high heart rate. With coffee I can sit at 105 for a couple hours. Without coffee it stays more steady around 80-85.

jomamma007

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals