Florida: What's going on. A thread for news updates.

OP
B

Birdie

Jeff Childers' advice:
In conclusion, my initial thinking is that any response to this should be carefully-considered and strategic, and people need to avoid taking the bait to create a pretext for more investigations and prosecutions of conservative protesters. “Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.” Matt. 10:6.

David PS

The FBI is the secret police of the DNC. All agencies just serve the oligarchy.
They served Trump well when he was in office. I think the justice department is forcing them to search. This is going to be a bare-knuckled fight in court to take Trump down before the next election.

LeeLemonoil

They served Trump well when he was in office. I think the justice department is forcing them to search. This is going to be a bare-knuckled fight in court to take Trump down before the next election.

Would many of you really mind if Trump wasn’t the candidate 2024. An old man that didn’t do much during his first tenure?

Surely a DeSantis would be a more capable leader?

David PS

Would many of you really mind if Trump wasn’t the candidate 2024. An old man that didn’t do much during his first tenure?

Surely a DeSantis would be a more capable leader?
I am with you with DeSantis.

OP
B

Birdie

Here's a comment on the Z-H :
zh-default-avatar.png

arrowrude

11 hours ago
I live in Florida. Don't come to Florida. The place is rife with people who want to be left alone. There are also deadly diseases. Giant snakes. Hungry alligators. Pumas stalking prey at night. Then there are guns. Lots of guns. Merry Christmas signs on the schools during the holidays.

HDD

Here's a comment on the Z-H :
zh-default-avatar.png

arrowrude

11 hours ago
I live in Florida. Don't come to Florida. The place is rife with people who want to be left alone. There are also deadly diseases. Giant snakes. Hungry alligators. Pumas stalking prey at night. Then there are guns. Lots of guns. Merry Christmas signs on the schools during the holidays.
🐊🐍🦈🔫🦟🪳..😂

OP
B

Birdie

🔥 Governor DeSantis, who has been a quiet little mouse for several days following the Raid, announced a nifty new program yesterday to recruit veterans to teach kids in Florida schools.

Twitter avatar for @GovRonDeSantisRon DeSantis @GovRonDeSantis
In Florida, we believe veterans have a wealth of knowledge and experience they can bring to the classroom, so we created a new program to help veterans become teachers. We stand by our veterans and want them in our classrooms.

August 11th 2022
4,241 Retweets28,588 Likes

After the examples we’ve seen on social media over the last couple years, I think we can all agree that there is room for improvement in the quality levels of some grade-school teachers. The quality of teachers in our schools is a fundamental problem, and the new program shows the Governor is taking the long view and leading again.

Note: It’s an easy target, but I’m NOT going to criticize DeSantis for staying out of the Biden Raid story for now. I’ll write more about this soon.

OP
B

Birdie

David PS

David PS

OP
B

Birdie

It looks like Jeff Childers' is liking DeSantis' reactions to the FBI Raid:

🔥 Governor DeSantis commented on the Biden Raid this weekend at a Turning Point event, and made all the right points.

He enumerated the FBI’s many recent failures, including pointedly asking, “Is the FBI out there protecting our conservative Supreme Court Justices? No! … They’re enforcing the law based on who they like and who they don’t like.”

It sure does look that way.
Twitter avatar for @bennyjohnsonBenny Johnson 🍊 @bennyjohnson
Gov. DeSantis calls out the FBI’s raid of Donald Trump’s home at Mar-a-Lago.

August 15th 2022

OP
B

Birdie

📊 *COVID IN FLORIDA AND ALACHUA COUNTY* 📊
I’ve missed an interim report, but I the covid numbers in Florida continue to drop, as expected for this season. New “cases” for the most recent weekly period were down to 54,000 from 74,000 for the week ending July 22nd. More interesting were the booster statistics, were are at all all-time low since I began tracking them, with only 30,415 doses given statewide during the most recent week.
Boosters have been trending down as covid numbers wane. It will be interesting to see whether they pop up when the Fall wave comes around.

OP
B

Birdie

Ran into some problems adding the credit to above re covid in Florida, so I'll add here that it's Jeff Childers again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom