Florida: What's going on. A thread for news updates.

OP
B

Birdie

For “balance,” the Hill quoted clinically-insane failed politician and throwaway gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist, who thinks Governor DeSantis is way off base, because stoking fear is ABSOLUTELY the way to go. “While Governor DeSantis dismisses Monkeypox, at-risk Floridians still need better information, better testing, and access to vaccines for prevention,” Crist tweeted.

Twitter avatar for @CharlieCristCharlie Crist @CharlieCrist
While Governor DeSantis dismisses Monkeypox, at-risk Floridians still need better information, better testing, and access to vaccines for prevention. Get it done!

August 3rd 2022
62 Retweets229 Likes

Okay, Charlie.

Crist probably wants to lock down all public places where MPX is spread. Oh wait … scratch that. Come to think of it, he probably wants to shut down all public places EXCEPT where MPX is spread. Haha, the responses to Crist’s tweet are universally pretty spicy. I think the public voted against his proposal, essentially suggesting he shove it where the monkeypox grows.

ibid.

HDD

1659625624584.png

OP
B

Birdie

OP
B

Birdie

"The constitution of Florida has vested the veto power in the governor, not in individual state attorneys," DeSantis said. "so, when you flagrantly violate your oath of office .. when you make yourself above the law, you have violated your duty and you have neglected your duty, and you are displaying a lack of competence to be able to perform those duties," he continued.

Last edited:

Regina

I'm surrounded by people who think DeSantis is a mad man. No, they don't think he is controlled opposition. They are just true believer democrats. If they are told he is a monster, then that is what they see.

OP
B

Birdie

I'm surrounded by people who think DeSantis is a mad man. No, they don't think he is controlled opposition. They are just true believer democrats. If they are told he is a monster, then that is what they see.
This latest, suspending this guy who violated his oath of office, will really make them furious. On next-door of course he's "Death DeSantis". The level of discourse there is numbing.

Regina

This latest, suspending this guy who violated his oath of office, will really make them furious. On next-door of course he's "Death DeSantis". The level of discourse there is numbing.
Yep. Completely infiltrated this town.

The neighbor across the street is running for commissioner. Literally had 30 ft wide Biden/Harris banners across his house. Hates DeSantis. He put a sign on my yard.
I haven't removed it.
It's a double-bind.

LeeLemonoil

"The constitution of Florida has vested the veto power in the governor, not in individual state attorneys," DeSantis said. "so, when you flagrantly violate your oath of office .. when you make yourself above the law, you have violated your duty and you have neglected your duty, and you are displaying a lack of competence to be able to perform those duties," he continued.

Well done. Regardless of country, there are so much undermining of formal law going on in western societies (by state actors) that this seems crass despite it being the most important repair mechanism of rule of law constitutions.

OP
B

Birdie

Yep. Completely infiltrated this town.

The neighbor across the street is running for commissioner. Literally had 30 ft wide Biden/Harris banners across his house. Hates DeSantis. He put a sign on my yard.
I haven't removed it.
It's a double-bind.
Oh I can't imagine. Yes I can. Some of these people seem sane and friendly, but will turn into monsters if they find you like the way our govt was set up. And if somebody put a sign in my yard... what a horrible trespass on your property... I just told my husband about it for the second time. When a friend (of that sort) was bragging about her bumper stickers, I calmly told her I'm not a bumper-sticker person. I don't know it that would work with your guy though. Well.

Regina

Oh I can't imagine. Yes I can. Some of these people seem sane and friendly, but will turn into monsters if they find you like the way our govt was set up. And if somebody put a sign in my yard... what a horrible trespass on your property... I just told my husband about it for the second time. When a friend (of that sort) was bragging about her bumper stickers, I calmly told her I'm not a bumper-sticker person. I don't know it that would work with your guy though. Well.
I thought of that.
But he's definitely a two-faced prick. Super hypocrite, of course.

I'm not even registered to vote. lol

OP
B

Birdie

David PS

DeSantis is like the baseball umpire who just 'calls them as he sees them'.

Inaut

DeSantis is like the baseball umpire who just 'calls them as he sees them'.
Too good to be true. Hence why I wouldn’t trust him for a second. More controlled opposition imo, just made to contrast the extreme/insane left. Hegelian dialectic

Perry Staltic

Too good to be true. Hence why I wouldn’t trust him for a second. More controlled opposition imo, just made to contrast the extreme/insane left. Hegelian dialectic

So no one can be trusted except the people who don't trust anyone, who also can't do anything. Pretty helpless attitude IMO

Inaut

So no one can be trusted except the people who don't trust anyone, who also can't do anything. Pretty helpless attitude IMO
Even the elect will be deceived... Believe what and whoever you want. Makes no difference to me.

OP
B

Birdie

🔥 Joe Biden, wearing a stunning leopard-print monokini, backstroked across the Rubicon yesterday. Lefty Florida Politics broke the story late yesterday and it spread like wildfire: In service to the lowest-polling president in history, failed Supreme Court candidate Merrick Garland ordered thirty FBI agents to raid President Trump’s personal residence in Mar-a-Lago, Florida.

Twitter avatar for @PeterSchorschFLPeter Schorsch @PeterSchorschFL
Scoop — The Federal Bureau of Investigation @FBI today executed a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago, two sources confirm to @Fla_Pol. "They just left," one source said. Not sure what the search warrant was about. TBH, Im not a strong enough reporter to hunt this down, but its real.

August 8th 2022
4,799 Retweets19,601 Likes

The raid’s rationale remains unknown. Corporate media pundits speculated yesterday the raid was related to some “missing” National Archive documents Trump was supposed to have taken with him when he left office. In its article about the raid, for example, the Wall Street Journal noted that “Officials can face up to five years in prison for removing classified materials.” But that theory turned out to be a hot take and has mostly dried up since it emerged online that the documents had been returned to the National Archives weeks ago.

Neither DOJ or FBI commented, citing an ongoing investigation.

Trump wasn’t there when the FBI raid happened; he was in New York. President Trump’s lawyer Christina Bobb, who was present during the search, confirmed that federal agents “seized paper.” A statement from the former President said agents also broke into his safe. Eric Trump, who was on site, told reporters the safe was empty, nothing was found in it.

You could say nothing like this has ever happened before an election, but the truth is, nothing like this has ever happened before in U.S. history — period, full stop. Not before, during, or after an election. It’s new territory, a brave new post-Covid world, a great reset of our of representative republic.

It is impossible to underestimate how politically significant this raid will be.

In a two-page letter released after the raid, President Trump used the term “banana republic,” and he’s not wrong. There’s a reason why former presidents have always been off-limits for criminal prosecution despite there being plenty of reasons to investigate each and every one of them. Take Biden for example. The contents of Hunter’s laptop, plus Hunter’s former business partner’s testimony, provide plenty of justification for a potentially momentous investigation of the Resident in Chief by a subsequent administration.

If the Justice Department is going to pin its raid on “improperly removed documents,” then folks will have a LOT of questions about why Bill Clinton was never prosecuted. And don’t even get me started on Hilary Clinton’s mishandling of classified documents and her private classified email server — which were also never prosecuted. The FBI credulously accepted Clinton’s explanation of ignorance of the law and cheerfully overlooked her bleach-bitted evidence destruction.

Twitter avatar for @mikepompeoMike Pompeo @mikepompeo
Executing a warrant against ex-POTUS is dangerous. The apparent political weaponization of DOJ/FBI is shameful. AG must explain why 250 yrs of practice was upended w/ this raid. I served on Benghazi Com where we proved Hilliary possessed classified info. We didn’t raid her home

August 9th 2022
14,246 Retweets48,390 Likes

People are understandably doubtful about the raid, because there’s already a storied history of failed prosecution attempts against Trump. From Russia-gate to two impeachment cases — one for an allegedly mis-handled call with Ukraine where Trump wanted a certain former vice-president investigated, who is now directing the investigation against Trump. Not to mention that the Trump investigation is being run by an Attorney General who Trump rejected for the Supreme Court. No conflicts of interest there! Now consider how the FBI has lately been exposed selectively prosecuting Biden’s political adversaries, and has been outed for manufacturing evidence, like in Gretchen Whitmer’s “kidnapping” case.

Coincidentally, Stephen D’Antuono, the same FBI agent who led the Detroit field office during the embarrassing Gretchen Whitmer kidnapping-manufacturing evidence scandal, did such a bang-up job that he was promoted to lead the Washington D.C. office as the pandemic got under way in 2020. The FBI’s Washington D.C. office is almost certainly the same office that is now handling the Trump investigation and the raid.

So.

As it happens, I recently sued a city and its police department over what is alleged to have been a politically-motivated SWAT raid that seized electronics. That was just a local affair. In order to execute a highest-profile search like this one against former President Trump, a bunch of important high-level stuff had to happen, and a lot of top-level Biden Administration officials must have been involved.

First, a senior FBI agent had to swear out an affidavit of probable cause that would support a search. As a history-making search, it is almost certain that both FBI Director Chris Wray and Attorney General Merrick Garland had to sign off on it, and may even have presented it to the court together. A federal judge had to review and approve the affidavit. We’ll eventually find out which judge it was, and I’ll bet you an all-expenses paid trip to Taiwan on Nancy Pelosi’s jet that the judge was appointed by a democrat president.

The judge would have asked the DOJ why a simple investigatory subpoena or ordinary search warrant couldn’t get the job done, and the DOJ would have to explain a concrete basis for the surprise raid that would overcome the Fourth Amendment concerns, not to mention the vast political implications. The FBI would have had to swear, for example, that they were seriously concerned about material evidence being destroyed, the documentary equivalent of a baggie of meth flushed down the john.

Even many lefty pundits recognize that this is a Rubicon moment, a kind of point of no return. The Rubicon metaphor is particularly apt, because when he crossed that river, Julius Caesar was on his way to deposing its democratic government becoming the dictator for life of the Roman Empire.

Yesterday on CNN Tonight, controversial anti-Trump Trump aide Alyssa Farah Griffin warned, “I hope that DOJ went about this meticulously and that there is a ‘there’ there because if not, it will tear the country apart.” She continued, “You [are] already seeing it, the rhetoric already that’s coming out from my fellow Republicans, and I’m really hoping that this was done for a credible reason and that it goes somewhere.”

If ANY reason is good enough, it better be a lot more solid than just a “credible” reason.

The Washington Examiner’s op-ed ran after 10m last night and concluded “You don’t have to be fond of Trump to realize what a dark turn of events this is … They are bringing our country right up to the edge of the Third World. It’s pretty scary stuff.”

I’d say they’ve leapt off the edge with bells on.

Obviously, there hasn’t been much time to process events, and conservative voices are just getting going. Echoing Trump’s letter, Governor DeSantis also referred to Banana Republics in his response tweet:

Twitter avatar for @RonDeSantisFLRon DeSantis @RonDeSantisFL
The raid of MAL is another escalation in the weaponization of federal agencies against the Regime’s political opponents, while people like Hunter Biden get treated with kid gloves. Now the Regime is getting another 87k IRS agents to wield against its adversaries? Banana Republic.

August 9th 2022
23,941 Retweets80,852 Likes

Expect all that outraged chatter to multiply every single day from here on into the foreseeable future.

🔥 Now, let’s talk implications. The GOP House Judiciary’s twitter account expressed the first and most significant implication — the raid shows there are now no limits and everyone is in the crosshairs. Top GOP donors, for one example.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com/p/-coffee-and-covid-tuesday-august-dbe

Perry Staltic

Even the elect will be deceived... Believe what and whoever you want. Makes no difference to me.

It doesn't say the elect will be deceived, it says they will be deceived if the deceptions are able (εἰ δυνατὸν) to deceive them, which they are not when one is hearkening to the spirit.

OP
B

Birdie

Third, Joe Biden just found something that can eclipse inflation and the economy as an electoral issue. Every candidate will have to weigh in on this; many will want to avoid talking about it, but it won’t work. This raid — and what should be done about it — will almost certainly become the defining issue of the 2022 midterms.

ibid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom