Florida: What's going on. A thread for news updates.

Birdie

From Jeff Childers: (bolded by me)

? .... I need to advise everyone about a quiet little bill sneaking its way through the Florida Legislature right now, scheduled to be passed by itself on Wednesday.
HB 7021 will extend hospitals’ Covid-19 lawsuit immunity until June 23, 2023. It is a disaster. It must be stopped....

But, particularly with hospitals, the liability shield law backfired. Because the hospitals only get the shield if they follow recognized Covid-19 standards. In the case of hospitals, that ironically means following the CDC’s Covid-19 treatment protocol, which hasn’t changed since the days of remdesivir and ventilators. Which we now know kill a lot of people who might otherwise survive if treated using more up-to-date methods...

In other words, ironically, if hospitals follow the CDC’s death protocol, they are immune from lawsuits. But if they administer ivermectin, for example, they would probably lose their liability shield. So the well-intended liability shield law cemented in the most deadly, disastrous treatment scheme now imaginable.

OP
B

Birdie

OP
B

Birdie

Here is a comment on Jeff Childers' article about the Florida situation:

Suggestion in regard to the HB 7021 bill. Folks can call Governor DeSantis' office and ask him to veto.(850) 717-9337 (Emails can be too numerous to go through and get lost in the shuffle.) Please remember to be kind when leaving your message. Remember...we love our governor. :)

OP
B

Birdie

The suggestion that phone calls work better than emails makes sense.

Perry Staltic

Sad to hear this is going on in FL. I read only a little before Twitter cut me off. Too bad about the new policy that won't let non-members read Twitter.

I think that has something to do with cookies on your phone. Non-members can read twitter posts.

OP
B

Birdie

I was aware of this but had a lawyer friend look into it. I can't remember the rationale for his comments or exactly what they were but I'll check on it. I know it does sound awful and thanks for posting it so we can consider it.

InChristAlone

I don't trust any politician plain and simple. None of them are going to save us when it comes down to it. Only themselves.

Dean

Yep, any politician wouldn't be a politician if they weren't a politician. They've all been "made" by the establishment and/or compromised by it. If a politician is no longer useful to the establishment or starts to buck it, they would be destroyed or killed.

The only reason Trump is still around is that they still have hopes as to his utility-- whether it be to shepherd his flock back in to line or to lead them over the cliff. DeSantis is a back-up for Trump in case he goes off the rails or loses credibility with his followers (some or all). He also helps create the illusion of choice/options that perpetuates the democracy charade.

OP
B

Birdie

? After suing the state of Florida to keep their obnoxious vaccine passport, Norwegian Cruise lines has now … dropped their mask mandate! Starting March 1 — the date of the you-know-what — you can cruise without being forced to wear a dirty face rag. “The decision to wear a mask covering when onboard is at the discretion of each guest,” Norwegian announced. Since I’m betting the CDC is going to drop all cruise restrictions on March 1, cruise bookings will pick up and stocks should finally start recovering.

Peatful

Yep, any politician wouldn't be a politician if they weren't a politician. They've all been "made" by the establishment and/or compromised by it. If a politician is no longer useful to the establishment or starts to buck it, they would be destroyed or killed.

The only reason Trump is still around is that they still have hopes as to his utility-- whether it be to shepherd his flock back in to line or to lead them over the cliff. DeSantis is a back-up for Trump in case he goes off the rails or loses credibility with his followers (some or all). He also helps create the illusion of choice/options that perpetuates the democracy charade.
Yes to this.

OP
B

Birdie

I think that has something to do with cookies on your phone. Non-members can read twitter posts.
I'm not sure about the cookies idea but until recently I've been able to read the twitter posts following the one linked to. Others have reported this too. So, I'm not sure.

OP
B

Birdie

I was aware of this but had a lawyer friend look into it. I can't remember the rationale for his comments or exactly what they were but I'll check on it. I know it does sound awful and thanks for posting it so we can consider it.
@Lilac, I didn't get an answer as he just said it's not important for us so he'll not spend the time with my question. Just wanted to report back. Thanks, Birdie

-Luke-

I don't trust any politician plain and simple. None of them are going to save us when it comes down to it. Only themselves.
If the last years have shown me one thing, it's that this is true.

OP
B

Birdie

Yesterday, HB 7021 — the bill that would continue to shield hospitals from legal liability for injuries to Covid patients — was tabled, but only to allow the House to substitute the Senate’s version, SB 7014. This is an elegant parliamentary trick; it avoids the final lawmaking step where the two bills — the House version and the Senate version — have to be reconciled with each other. I have been told by insiders that it will be read for the third and final time today at noon and passed.

I got hold of the internal briefing sheet for the bill that was provided to legislators. It is profoundly deceptive, a puff piece that describes the bill as helping PATIENTS and citizens instead of hospitals. So most legislators probably aren’t even aware how awful this bill is. It’s a stinker.

The “staff analysis” prepared for every bill is a deeper dive for lawmakers who have enough time to dig in. The staff analysis for this bill acknowledges that the liability shield is only available for “substantial compliance with government-issued health standards specifically relating to COVID-19 or other relevant standards.” And that’s the problem. That requirement locks hospitals into the antiquated remdesivir/ventilator treatment protocol and wipes out doctor independence.

OP
B

Birdie

So, this bill coming up protects hospitals only if they use the remdesivir/ventilator treatment protocol. It's made to look like it protects patients.

OP
B

Birdie

? Southwest Florida folks: take a look at the “Let’s Talk COVID Community Conference” in Naples on Saturday, April 9, from 9am to 6pm. Although I’m not in the lineup, it will feature a bunch of other great speakers, including Dr. Simone Gold, M.D., J.D., who founded America’s Frontline Doctors. She is a dynamic and persuasive speaker. Tickets are available at www.scofieldproduction.com.

From Jeff Childers

OP
B

Birdie

I think we all agree on this and it's applicable but not unique to Florida of course.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom