Corentin Louis Kervran: legitimacy, and wikipedia editors

Luann

If you are not familiar with Louis Kervran's book Biological Transmutations, which is translated from the original French, it explains his theory that elements including potassium, calcium and magnesium are able to transform into each other in living cells. The Wikipedia page on Kervran compares this theoretical process to cold fusion, which is also a hypothetical process, and states, correctly, that the transmutations are not accepted science.

Kervran also faced criticism of his work when it was published in the 1960s.

Recently, I found the edits history for Kervran's Wikipedia page. Although this is not scientific fact by any means, some of the editors, who are usually anonymous, were claiming that they had scientific backgrounds and that they considered Kervran's research to have merit. These editors stated that NASA had confirmed some of Kervran's work and that the research had also been applied in a medical setting. Most of these attitudes are not reflected in the actual Wikipedia page.

Here is a link to the session. Given that Wikipedia tends toward mainstream and politically correct information, I was very surprised to see this kind of consideration given to alternative research.

I also recall seeing an official document - I think from the U.S. army - that referenced some of the science from Biological Transmutations. I can't find it now.

OP
Luann

Luann

So, bump? Have you read any of Kervran's work about bone health or his ideas on calcium and silica in nutrition :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals