Cats BANNED from going OUTSIDE in Australia

LeeLemonoil

Bollocks. I know a neighbourhood cat (my friends) who manages to get a bird almost every month.. and it got a ringtail a few months back. They’re making it an indoor cat now bc they weee mostly snatched in the daytime. And that’s inner city. Maybe fat lazy cats won’t bother but most city cats I know are fairly spry.

Yep. Cats hunt out of instinct and character, not because of hunger. The research cited here is mostly correct and it is a Problem for local ecospheres.

Perry Staltic

Bollocks. I know a neighbourhood cat (my friends) who manages to get a bird almost every month.. and it got a ringtail a few months back. They’re making it an indoor cat now bc they weee mostly snatched in the daytime. And that’s inner city. Maybe fat lazy cats won’t bother but most city cats I know are fairly spry.

You're saying bollocks to someone who has had 6 cats over 30 years. My cats rarely get birds. Maybe less than 10 over that period of time. I know what they catch because the first thing they do is bring it inside to show it off to me and play with it in a safe space. So what you are claiming is not universally true. I live in the country so there are plenty of other things that are much easier for them to catch. Birds are very hard for them to catch because they are in their natural environment. Your friend lives in an artificial one where people feed birds, intentionally or otherwise, which puts them in a vulnerable position to get pounced on by a cat.

Perry Staltic

Cats are killing machines they are an introduced species an should all be shot. If you want to have a cat in Australia I think it's only fair on the natives to keep it inside.
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gxUTl_xd9u0

Outdoor cats actually do a lot of good by preying on destructive rodents. Ignorant do-gooder environmentalists always end up causing more harm than good. Industrial wind turbines is another example. Boo hoo for the tiny birds (of which there are gazillions) killed by cats, but meh for the many thousands of large apex avian predators (which don't exist in great numbers) that are slaughtered by wind turbines.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Now you guys CAN'T LOOK AT GIRLS in the club without CONSENT 🤣🤣🤣

WHEN ARE YOU AUSSIES GOING TO STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES M8?

If you don't do something SOON

The Kangaroos are going to be the ones who are going to have to BAIL YOU OUT

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/aNP1-d5wcYA?feature=share

Neeters 27

I have 2 house cats who go out at night, one also hunts daytime. i find lots of dead rats and mice and bats and snakes daily. rarely birds. its normal. it keeps the rodent population down, we live with a forested yard and large forest trails surrounding. theres no shortage of critters. its good the cats get the bad ones.

IndigoBoy

Domestic cats killing birds is very rare from my experience. Maybe one or two a year max, most years nothing. They are very hard to catch compared to rodents, which they focus on and do a very good service of getting rid of.
Really? I have had quite a few cats throughout my life and I can assure you that they are excellent hunters of any prey that is not able to defend itself. Birds, rodents, marsupials, rabbits and even the odd snake. You have to keep them inside... they are natural killers. Now an enterprising govt would round them up, truck them up north and unleash them on the Cane Toads.

Kill two birds with one stone

Nfinkelstein

In my experience there is a low but real percentage of people who are anti-cat. It is also my observation that they (the people, not the cats) may be sociopathic. I think it could be a sort of litmus test for identifying anti-social people.

IndigoBoy

In my experience there is a low but real percentage of people who are anti-cat. It is also my observation that they (the people, not the cats) may be sociopathic. I think it could be a sort of litmus test for identifying anti-social people.
Source?

Luann

I'm "anti-cat"

They're pretty but I don't want to take care of one or risk getting toxoplasmosis

However, in ANY post-industrial scenario, we will need cats' help to manage rodents.

LeeLemonoil

Any ideas around why bears have never been domesticated or semi-domesticated like cats?

I think Bears „have“ what attracted humans to wolves (and cats): Beauty, Peak-Predator-Glory, Intelligence and seem to be able to „function“ like the others: understanding that humans can provide good food, sometimes „communicate“ with humans …
Are they too strong and big in the end?

Nfinkelstein

Any ideas around why bears have never been domesticated or semi-domesticated like cats?

I think Bears „have“ what attracted humans to wolves (and cats): Beauty, Peak-Predator-Glory, Intelligence and seem to be able to „function“ like the others: understanding that humans can provide good food, sometimes „communicate“ with humans …
Are they too strong and big in the end?
bears stink and are actually more like a pig than a dog or a cat. Cute tho I will grant you.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

They're coming after your pets, look at these fake stories of dog attacks coming out every day:

Ask yourself when there WAS THIS MANY news stories on dog attacks ever in your lifetime

They are building a NARRATIVE: your pet is violent and no good for the environments
Pet stores are BANNED from selling dogs and cats in effect in 2 years in NYC:

See the bigger picture, protect your animals 💯💯

gunther

They're coming after your pets, look at these fake stories of dog attacks coming out every day:

Ask yourself when there WAS THIS MANY news stories on dog attacks ever in your lifetime

They are building a NARRATIVE: your pet is violent and no good for the environments
Pet stores are BANNED from selling dogs and cats in effect in 2 years in NYC:

See the bigger picture, protect your animals 💯💯

They want to separate us from anything that makes life enjoyable. It's some high level Orwell stuff.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom