Blepharitis, Roseasea (eyelid And Skin Infection)

Birdie

I've been dealing Blepharitis and roseasea. I began treating both, they often go together, around mid December. Have learned a lot by reading ophthalmology sites and various blogs, forums and studies. Of course, Ray has said a lot on roseasea and I'm using his info as a base.

I've probably had roseasea for years. The winter with dry central heating is blamed for causing flares and that's my experience . This is my second bout of eyelid infection. My roseasea is mild.

So far, my treatment besides food and supplements, includes applying tree tea oil, castor oil, lid scrubs, heat packs, humidifier, etc... It's led to adding hair and scalp treatments as well as heat rash on tummy and back. Chasing the demodex mites!

I wonder if anybody else here has been at this this winter. I've seen improvement in my eyes, skin and hair. It is a slow process, sometimes takes 12 weeks.

OP
B

Birdie

I follow the general diet. Yes, take sups. Why do you ask?

Stilgar

It is important. I've found it to be more reflective of an internal situation than something to go at topically. My partner suffered from it.

How is your digestion?

OP
B

Birdie

Oh, I see. I gave the wrong impression, sorry.
I'm not asking advice, just interested in discussion. I have a lot of advice to give if anybody needs it!

Was looking around the site and this looked like the most likely spot.
I know it says, "Ask for help or advice." Oh, deer.

Tawnya

I've had the worse flare of my life the past 4 months. Burning , stinging, pustules . It felt like I had a thousand needles in my face. When it started in October I came down with a uti and yeast infection almost simultaneously . The uti and yeast infections were extremely bad. I finally got them cleared and the rosecea continued. The past month the burning and flushing has been about 80% better. I have a few pustules every morning and red spots when I wake up. I've used many things but find the tee tree oil to be best. I cut the dairy and cacao powder when it first started thinking it was contributing. I just started back on goat milk yesterday and keeping an eye out. I follow peat diet pretty well now since June . I really don't know what causes it . I've had it since my late 20s I'm 50 now. I have lyme, hashimotos and severe chronic fatigue . It's very frustrating just wish I knew what causes the flares. I haven't had any real problems for quite a few years until this recent flare

Ella

Forum Supporter
I've been dealing Blepharitis and roseasea. I began treating both, they often go together, around mid December. Have learned a lot by reading ophthalmology sites and various blogs, forums and studies. Of course, Ray has said a lot on roseasea and I'm using his info as a base.

I've probably had roseasea for years. The winter with dry central heating is blamed for causing flares and that's my experience . This is my second bout of eyelid infection. My roseasea is mild.

So far, my treatment besides food and supplements, includes applying tree tea oil, castor oil, lid scrubs, heat packs, humidifier, etc... It's led to adding hair and scalp treatments as well as heat rash on tummy and back. Chasing the demodex mites!

I wonder if anybody else here has been at this this winter. I've seen improvement in my eyes, skin and hair. It is a slow process, sometimes takes 12 weeks.

Have you tried eating liver? A little bit of liver a couple times a week works a charm. With a strong immune system blepharitis should not be a problem. Just a waste of bloody time all those topical treatments. The cure is within. All those Peaty things make a lot of sense. thyroid, glycogen and anti-estrogenic foods and zero PUFAs. You need to upgrade your nutrition big time. The metabolites from eyelid infections can do serious damage to the cornea, so be viligent in getting rid of blepharitis. Yeah they blame it all kinds of external influences but never the root cause. Riboflavin deficiency is the principal vitamin associated with blepharitis. I don't know how long we need to wait before opthalmologists accept nutritional deficiencies result in eye disease and damage. It won't be in my life time. they will continue to recommend you to buy eye scrubs and antibiotic ointments but will never hint at the suggestion of a B Vitamin deficiency. The solution is way to easy. How much blindness has this ignorance and arrogance caused poor and uneducated populace. They don't even f***ing know themselves. Talking about the blind leading the blind.

3 - 5mg and up to 40mg of riboflavin is required to cure blepharitis. Riboflavin will also cure the Morax-Axenfeld infection.

I wondering what you are doing with your diet that you are deficient in B Vitamins? Is liver in your diet and have you eliminated grains and bread from the diet? Sorry for the rant - I have zero tolerance when it comes to censoring information.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

Birdie

I've had the worse flare of my life the past 4 months. Burning , stinging, pustules . It felt like I had a thousand needles in my face. When it started in October I came down with a uti and yeast infection almost simultaneously . The uti and yeast infections were extremely bad. I finally got them cleared and the rosecea continued. The past month the burning and flushing has been about 80% better. I have a few pustules every morning and red spots when I wake up. I've used many things but find the tee tree oil to be best. I cut the dairy and cacao powder when it first started thinking it was contributing. I just started back on goat milk yesterday and keeping an eye out. I follow peat diet pretty well now since June . I really don't know what causes it . I've had it since my late 20s I'm 50 now. I have lyme, hashimotos and severe chronic fatigue . It's very frustrating just wish I knew what causes the flares. I haven't had any real problems for quite a few years until this recent flare

Hi Tawnya. I just saw this and about to go to bed so can't say much! One thing that is hard with this roseasea Blepharitis thing is that it takes so long to heal a flare. 12 weeks being not uncommon with a complex case. Then when it improves, gotta keep up with treatment but at least with less frequency.

I have only one pustule but it's been on my neck for three years. Didn't know why the thing wouldn't heal. Now I know. It is slowly improving. Oh, no, just remembered that others do show up as I work on eradicating the mites.

Do you know about the mite life cycle? Helpful to know. Then you expect more outbreaks as you deal with them. Their lifecycle and all.

OP
B

Birdie

Have you tried eating liver? A little bit of liver a couple times a week works a charm. With a strong immune system blepharitis should not be a problem. Just a waste of bloody time all those topical treatments. The cure is within. All those Peaty things make a lot of sense. thyroid, glycogen and anti-estrogenic foods and zero PUFAs. You need to upgrade your nutrition big time. The metabolites from eyelid infections can do serious damage to the cornea, so be viligent in getting rid of blepharitis. Yeah they blame it all kinds of external influences but never the root cause. Riboflavin deficiency is the principal vitamin associated with blepharitis. I don't know how long we need to wait before opthalmologists accept nutritional deficiencies result in eye disease and damage. It won't be in my life time. they will continue to recommend you to buy eye scrubs and antibiotic ointments but will never hint at the suggestion of a B Vitamin deficiency. The solution is way to easy. How much blindness has this ignorance and arrogance caused poor and uneducated populace. They don't even f***ing know themselves. Talking about the blind leading the blind.

3 - 5mg and up to 40mg of riboflavin is required to cure blepharitis. Riboflavin will also cure the Morax-Axenfeld infection.

I wondering what you are doing with your diet that you are deficient in B Vitamins? Is liver in your diet and have you eliminated grains and bread from the diet? Sorry for the rant - I have zero tolerance when it comes to censoring information.
Agree liver is great. Calves liver that is.

I made some from frozen this week. Too bad I find preparing it is a huge stress, but once it's cooked...delicious and I feel immediate strength.

Tawnya

Hi Tawnya. I just saw this and about to go to bed so can't say much! One thing that is hard with this roseasea Blepharitis thing is that it takes so long to heal a flare. 12 weeks being not uncommon with a complex case. Then when it improves, gotta keep up with treatment but at least with less frequency.

I have only one pustule but it's been on my neck for three years. Didn't know why the thing wouldn't heal. Now I know. It is slowly improving. Oh, no, just remembered that others do show up as I work on eradicating the mites.

Do you know about the mite life cycle? Helpful to know. Then you expect more outbreaks as you deal with them. Their lifecycle and all.
Yes I do know of the life cycle ( ugh) so do u think the dairy chocolate and so on can trigger? I have a weakened immune system for sure and it's been my mission to let that be my focus as to getting well. I spent all my life savings and four years on protocols anabiotic's and such for Lyme disease. It really comes down to I believe The immune system if you want to overcome these chronic infections. It's so overwhelmingly frustrating to have your health be so bad that it's your only main focus from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed at night . This flare was just another icing on the cake it just seems like I'm getting nowhere most the time. However I spent nearly a year bedridden so I'm not that bad now but just getting through the day takes so much energy. Sorry now I've gotten off on a different track! I use liver glandular pills now. I couldn't take trying to freeze and cut in to pieces and swallow! I don't know if the glandular is just as potent do you?

OP
B

Birdie

Further, very helpful information from Ella. Rega rding the cornea implications, very important to take Blepharitis seriously. A good optometrist got my attention with that.

Used to be that you could tell how long people were members on this site. It was handy to have that listed so folks could tell who is new and judge responses accordingly. So, just guessing that Tanwya is new to Peat? And sounds like you have roseasea without Blepharitis involvement? Sometimes people get breakouts in the scalp too. I do.

Peat's often bringing to our attention possible problems with supplements. Allergic reactions occur more often in some. I think he has listed B2 riboflavin as one to be careful of. Also, we all are aware of unsafe ingredients in a lot of sups. I'm using Carlson vita A 25,000. And the liver. Zinc occasionally but try to get it from food.

Like I said in my first post above, all Ray's info is basic for me.

I really like the convenient Cliradex scrubs, for eyelids and face, formulated by the guy who did the NIH study on tea tree oil. Started using these in late December. In the morning I use OCuSoft. I use the tiny baby face cloths to clean my eyelids, using warm water with a little baking soda. If you can't afford the Cliradex, some are using baby shampoo with TTO.

Also important to wash scalp often and I add TTO to shampoo. Another thing is frequent washing of pillow slips, bedding, pajamas...etc. A lot of time... Hard when you're sick I know. I had childhood polio and have disability from that. I try to simplify and do what I can. Hope this helps.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Used to be that you could tell how long people were members on this site.
@Birdie you can click on a members name in a thread and there will be a little popup with that information.

OP
B

Birdie

Thanks charlie. I liked the old way without another step, but otherwise I like all the changes.

Tawnya - I didn't see your response. Guess you could tell.
I spent a year practically bedridden too. That was in '94 when diagnosed with CFS/FMS.

While chocolate can be a trigger in herpes infections, I don't think it is a trigger in ros.
Ray pretty much has shot the dairy thing down. I know you see it blamed everywhere conventionally.

I had high hopes for the dried liver caps, but Ray said they weren't potent...
I have several jars from 2012 before I found out.

As far as liver goes, I only do calves. The regular beef liver isn't edible imo. But, still, cooking it makes me faintish.
I force myself since its so important. But I cook up some to last a few days. New plan is to do that once a month.
Never raw. Would be impossible and I don't think safe, but many disagree with me.

The other thing I was getting lax on is shellfish. I'm buying it frozen cooked now. Not best but manageable.
Ray's focus seems more on the keeping the bowel healthy than the immune system.
Makes sense with doing the former, the other would fall in line...

Something I'd let up on is the RAW CARROT. I did it for a couple of years, got tired of it, quit for a year.
Have been back using it for several months. Super important part of the program. Easy to think it isn't, but it's key for colon cleanse etc.
A real pain to prepare. I've streamlined that for my case...

Tawnya

Thanks charlie. I liked the old way without another step, but otherwise I like all the changes.

Tawnya - I didn't see your response. Guess you could tell.
I spent a year practically bedridden too. That was in '94 when diagnosed with CFS/FMS.

While chocolate can be a trigger in herpes infections, I don't think it is a trigger in ros.
Ray pretty much has shot the dairy thing down. I know you see it blamed everywhere conventionally.

I had high hopes for the dried liver caps, but Ray said they weren't potent...
I have several jars from 2012 before I found out.

As far as liver goes, I only do calves. The regular beef liver isn't edible imo. But, still, cooking it makes me faintish.
I force myself since its so important. But I cook up some to last a few days. New plan is to do that once a month.
Never raw. Would be impossible and I don't think safe, but many disagree with me.

The other thing I was getting lax on is shellfish. I'm buying it frozen cooked now. Not best but manageable.
Ray's focus seems more on the keeping the bowel healthy than the immune system.
Makes sense with doing the former, the other would fall in line...

Something I'd let up on is the RAW CARROT. I did it for a couple of years, got tired of it, quit for a year.
Have been back using it for several months. Super important part of the program. Easy to think it isn't, but it's key for colon cleanse etc.
A real pain to prepare. I've streamlined that for my case...
Birdie ya i wasn't to optimistic honestly about the liver glandular! I was cutting up pieces of frozen liver and trying to swallow but could taste blood! Ewww! A lot of people do it that way. I really don't know if I could prepare and cook it. How often do u eat it? Is it different for everyone? I've been doing the raw carrot daily. I want to go with what you said that dairy and choc are not culprits. Does anyone know what is really? I do wAsh 2x a day with the tto and baby shampoo . Honestly I have let up on the washing pillow case everyday and my hair . Like you said i have to streamline and conserve energy most days so I can get through the day. I am new here on the forum. Honestly I'm frustrated with figuring out what to eat. I've been gluten free for almost 2 years I come from ai paleo diet.

OP
B

Birdie

Ah, good with gluten free. I am too. Maybe 20 years for me. Doesn't answer the present problem but a step in the right direction I think.

For simplifying, do you have any of the scrubs? I'm using those in the morning. I soak my eyes with warm wash cloth then too. I mix i tiny drop of tto with my moisturizer/makeup. Then, I do the TTO scrubs to wash in the evening. I follow that with some caster oil on my brows, lashes and hairline. Some say that helps the TTO get into the pores where the mites are. Don't know but am trying it. Careful though. Have you overdone the washing and gotten a little raw. I did that.

Yes, I know all about the raw frozen liver bits. I was on the Facebook group back in 2011. Not for me the raw liver.

I only wash my pillowcase twice a week. All I can manage. And my hair Wed and Sun.

As for eating, Ray's info has me convinced. Paleo is better than conventional but Ray's is steps above.
Look around. See what Ray recommends himself, before just seeing how others interpret it.
The email answers from Ray on this site are excellent for getting things straight I find.

Milk, orange juice, eggs. Occasional liver and shellfish. Milky coffee with sugar. The sugar was hard for me to try.
I find his newsletter to be encouraging. Oh, cooked mushrooms. Limit the starch.
Wow, if you do the raw carrot its a good step.

It all takes time but persevere. Results are slow. I have only one new bump on my face these past few days so maybe that encourages you too.

Tawnya

Ah, good with gluten free. I am too. Maybe 20 years for me. Doesn't answer the present problem but a step in the right direction I think.

For simplifying, do you have any of the scrubs? I'm using those in the morning. I soak my eyes with warm wash cloth then too. I mix i tiny drop of tto with my moisturizer/makeup. Then, I do the TTO scrubs to wash in the evening. I follow that with some caster oil on my brows, lashes and hairline. Some say that helps the TTO get into the pores where the mites are. Don't know but am trying it. Careful though. Have you overdone the washing and gotten a little raw. I did that.

Yes, I know all about the raw frozen liver bits. I was on the Facebook group back in 2011. Not for me the raw liver.

I only wash my pillowcase twice a week. All I can manage. And my hair Wed and Sun.

As for eating, Ray's info has me convinced. Paleo is better than conventional but Ray's is steps above.
Look around. See what Ray recommends himself, before just seeing how others interpret it.
The email answers from Ray on this site are excellent for getting things straight I find.

Milk, orange juice, eggs. Occasional liver and shellfish. Milky coffee with sugar. The sugar was hard for me to try.
I find his newsletter to be encouraging. Oh, cooked mushrooms. Limit the starch.
Wow, if you do the raw carrot its a good step.

It all takes time but persevere. Results are slow. I have only one new bump on my face these past few days so maybe that encourages you too.
No I don't use any scrubs. I wash with tto and baby wash in morning with my hands I use moisturizer with hydralonic acid ,it works pretty well. I don't wear make up much maybe 1 x a week. I eat the eggs and oj and I do vital proteins gelatin in morning. I find myself bored and limited . I eat chicken steak hamburgers . Was eating a lot of baked potatoes with butter . I've got such weight gain past year and half just can't get rid of it. I decided to cut back the starch and fat but not sure if that will help. I've got hormones out of whack . I use progesterone and it has gotten rid of the tender breasts. I'm trying to figure out what I'm dealing with every morning and sometimes during the night. I wake up every morning feeling nauseous heart pounds it's awful. I've done the food before bed and when waking at nite thinking its blood sugar. Let me ask you when one starts this peat way of eating increasing sugars and stuff does it take along time to get stress hormones and and blood sugars regulated? I have questions on things my body is doing but I'm not sure what's happening if that makes sense . I would like to throw out my symptoms and have someone help me figure out what might be going on. Then there's the aspirin and supps. I'm trying the aspirin thinking it would help inflammation and t3 . I have slot of red spot flares aroun my nose. The sun flares me up lately where last summer I was laying out and I live in az. I apologize in all over the place with my posts. Perhaps I need to be asking all these things somewhere else on here?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Perhaps I need to be asking all these things somewhere else on here?
Welcome to the forum Tawnya. You can start your own new thread in the Ask for Help section if you would like to. I don't think it's a problem having it here either so whatever you are most comfortable doing is fine. We can split part of this and put it in a new thread as well, again it's up to you. Just start a conversation with charlie or one of the mods for help with this if you are interested.

Tawnya

Welcome to the forum Tawnya. You can start your own new thread in the Ask for Help section if you would like to. I don't think it's a problem having it here either so whatever you are most comfortable doing is fine. We can split part of this and put it in a new thread as well, again it's up to you. Just start a conversation with charlie or one of the mods for help with this if you are interested.
Ok ty Blossom.

OP
B

Birdie

I gained weight when starting to follow some of the paleo sites. I was actually just looking for like minded people because I've always eaten so differently. I was at a good weight when I started. Then, reading so many ideas, leptin ideas, intermittent fasting ideas. I began to try eating rice when I read PHD for example. Well, rice set up my cravings.

I'd always eaten within an hour of getting up, but oh, intermittent fasting sounded like an idea to try. Gained quite a bit as well as throwing off my blood sugar. Finally, through Jaminet's site, found Ray's writing. That's not only gotten me back on path but shown me better ways than I knew. But, even there I gained about 8 pounds... more. So, I was up 30 at that point. I knew I felt much better at my old weight, but I am not a dieter. Anyway, now I'm back at a good weight. Don't know what it is, but clothes fit and I'm able to move better. So, I hope that gives you hope that when you follow Ray more and more, your weight gets healthier.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom