Blepharitis, Roseasea (eyelid And Skin Infection)

OP
B

Birdie

Oh, wow, I see the member info now! Thank you. So much easier for my brain !!

Tawnya, you are very new here. I should have thought to check. Hope you'll get around and find lots of help here.
The section where people have asked Ray email questions helps me a lot. It never disappoints.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
B

Birdie

So, Ella, I got out my B2/riboflavin. It's a Swanson. Wonder if they've changed ingredients because they now "may contain" silica.
That's too bad. I ordered them in January and thought to try it, not as an ongoing supplement, but as needed. Further investigation needed.

Thanks for the reminder.

Tawnya

I gained weight when starting to follow some of the paleo sites. I was actually just looking for like minded people because I've always eaten so differently. I was at a good weight when I started. Then, reading so many ideas, leptin ideas, intermittent fasting ideas. I began to try eating rice when I read PHD for example. Well, rice set up my cravings.

I'd always eaten within an hour of getting up, but oh, intermittent fasting sounded like an idea to try. Gained quite a bit as well as throwing off my blood sugar. Finally, through Jaminet's site, found Ray's writing. That's not only gotten me back on path but shown me better ways than I knew. But, even there I gained about 8 pounds... more. So, I was up 30 at that point. I knew I felt much better at my old weight, but I am not a dieter. Anyway, now I'm back at a good weight. Don't know what it is, but clothes fit and I'm able to move better. So, I hope that gives you hope that when you follow Ray more and more, your weight gets healthier.
That is good to hear because honestly RP makes the most sense out of all the ways of eating out there . I am focusing on less fat and starch and see where that goes. I'm trying to figure out all this metabolism stuff and what hormones affect what and what food does. Wow! With my condition it's very hard to grasp a lot of this stuff . Im only able to walk about 10 -15 min in morning and sometimes in afternoon. I try to stretch and move as much as possible. The weight training not sure I should do with my cfs. Everyday is different I never know how I will feel it's the Pitts!

OP
B

Birdie

He does make a lot of sense. Regarding fat, he does say 1% milk I think. That's what I use for now. I eat a lot of cheese and use butter, CO...

I was doing just 15 min walks for many months last year. After a year of the tiny walks, I can do 30 minutes now. Hard cuz 2 years ago I always did hour walks. Then shin splints from wearing the wrong shoes on a flat, hard surface. Be careful. I find it hard to remember to be careful.

And weight training, hurt shoulders... hips. Now using 2 lb and it took a while to get back to even that. I was trying to do more weight and less reps, but not good in my case.

Tawnya

He does make a lot of sense. Regarding fat, he does say 1% milk I think. That's what I use for now. I eat a lot of cheese and use butter, CO...

I was doing just 15 min walks for many months last year. After a year of the tiny walks, I can do 30 minutes now. Hard cuz 2 years ago I always did hour walks. Then shin splints from wearing the wrong shoes on a flat, hard surface. Be careful. I find it hard to remember to be careful.

And weight training, hurt shoulders... hips. Now using 2 lb and it took a while to get back to even that. I was trying to do more weight and less reps, but not good in my case.
I hear ya! I feel so fragile it's ridiculous! I got some weights but was reading that more weight less reps is best? I'm walking outside of course on concrete! I have trouble walking outside in open spaces with my balance issues . It's so annoying but I'm thankful just to be out of bed!! So the weight trading will be good if I ever start again. I just got my chest port removed that I was doing iv antibiotic treatment for the Lyme. It was bothering me when I was lifting the weights I was scared something was gonna snap! I'm almost healed up. Honestly the fatigue has been high this week and motivation is way low. It just is roller coaster I wish I could get off. Hoping RP eating and stuff can give me more healing . My immune system needs big help!

OP
B

Birdie

I've been reading a clinical nutrition report on riboflavin. Fascinating. Connections to eye, cataracts, peripheral neuropathy, iron utilization all discussed. All relevant to me.

Wish I knew how to post the link. Thank you Ella for your advice.
Also, am reviewing food sources of riboflavin.
Included are liver, beef, lamb, milk, eggs.

It looks like I'll want to supplement for a while maybe.

OP
B

Birdie

I see that Dan Wich does have sources listed for riboflavin on his Toxinless page. Silica free. Need to figure the dose. Water soluble but still...

Keeping in mind that synthetic riboflavin according to Ray is highly allergenic...

Last edited:
OP
B

Birdie

I just checked and see that I've been taking the riboflavin this past month.
I choose the sups. Then my husband puts them out each morning.

Apparently, I'd gone through this whole process of evaluating it in January.
I'm telling husband we should use it only Tu,Th,Sat, 3 times a week for now.

Skin Improvement: My back and stomach which were covered with red bumps for weeks until about 3 days ago. Many were open and bled from rubbing on clothing.
Today there is no redness or open sores. Probably half as many raised bumps as there were. It is still itchy but not nearly as itchy as it was.

The scalp is still broken out in two areas. Red bump which has been there and unhealed for years is improved.

Hope this progress gives hope to somebody else.

OP
B

Birdie

I am not attributing my progress to riboflavin supplementation. It could look that way since I posted them together.
As you can see from my other comments, have been doing many other things.

goodandevil

Since it comes on in december, suspect thyroid over dry air. I struggled with constant eye infections for the past couple of months, was on t3 only. Started taking armour and no problems. Red light?

OP
B

Birdie

Since it comes on in december, suspect thyroid over dry air. I struggled with constant eye infections for the past couple of months, was on t3 only. Started taking armour and no problems. Red light?
Just getting back here. It's definitely something I notice in the winter. Unfortunately, I've taken Natural Dessicated Thyroid in some form since about 1994, so that won't be my answer. Glad to get your input though. I stopped using Armour brand after one of their formula changes. The price went up and the stuff didn't work for me at all. I still have a bottle in the freezer.

I use NP Thyroid now. WP was the only one that worked, but the company quit making it. It was low in excipients too.

OP
B

Birdie

I'm reading through the thread because of a flareup of blepharitis etc. I even have an appointment for a minor procedure later this month to remove a clogged meibomian gland. (At the base of the eyelashes in a lower lid.) Not feeling confident in the procedure.

OP
B

Birdie

Have you tried eating liver? A little bit of liver a couple times a week works a charm. With a strong immune system blepharitis should not be a problem. Just a waste of bloody time all those topical treatments. The cure is within. All those Peaty things make a lot of sense. thyroid, glycogen and anti-estrogenic foods and zero PUFAs. You need to upgrade your nutrition big time. The metabolites from eyelid infections can do serious damage to the cornea, so be viligent in getting rid of blepharitis. Yeah they blame it all kinds of external influences but never the root cause. Riboflavin deficiency is the principal vitamin associated with blepharitis. I don't know how long we need to wait before opthalmologists accept nutritional deficiencies result in eye disease and damage. It won't be in my life time. they will continue to recommend you to buy eye scrubs and antibiotic ointments but will never hint at the suggestion of a B Vitamin deficiency. The solution is way to easy. How much blindness has this ignorance and arrogance caused poor and uneducated populace. They don't even f***ing know themselves. Talking about the blind leading the blind.

3 - 5mg and up to 40mg of riboflavin is required to cure blepharitis. Riboflavin will also cure the Morax-Axenfeld infection.

I wondering what you are doing with your diet that you are deficient in B Vitamins? Is liver in your diet and have you eliminated grains and bread from the diet? Sorry for the rant - I have zero tolerance when it comes to censoring information.
Thank you, @Ella, for posting all this.

OP
B

Birdie

Have you tried eating liver? A little bit of liver a couple times a week works a charm. With a strong immune system blepharitis should not be a problem. Just a waste of bloody time all those topical treatments. The cure is within. All those Peaty things make a lot of sense. thyroid, glycogen and anti-estrogenic foods and zero PUFAs. You need to upgrade your nutrition big time. The metabolites from eyelid infections can do serious damage to the cornea, so be viligent in getting rid of blepharitis. Yeah they blame it all kinds of external influences but never the root cause. Riboflavin deficiency is the principal vitamin associated with blepharitis. I don't know how long we need to wait before opthalmologists accept nutritional deficiencies result in eye disease and damage. It won't be in my life time. they will continue to recommend you to buy eye scrubs and antibiotic ointments but will never hint at the suggestion of a B Vitamin deficiency. The solution is way to easy. How much blindness has this ignorance and arrogance caused poor and uneducated populace. They don't even f***ing know themselves. Talking about the blind leading the blind.

3 - 5mg and up to 40mg of riboflavin is required to cure blepharitis. Riboflavin will also cure the Morax-Axenfeld infection.

I wondering what you are doing with your diet that you are deficient in B Vitamins? Is liver in your diet and have you eliminated grains and bread from the diet? Sorry for the rant - I have zero tolerance when it comes to censoring information.

Back then, I was very low grain. I was eating tortilla chips. No bread. Now, I eat white rice sometimes. Oats sometimes. Neither daily. No tortilla chips since the only ones low pufa were coconut oil and found I'm sensitive to coconut oil.

I eat liver every couple of weeks, for about 3 days. Ray's warning about overdoing liver and the thyroid gives me pause. But, I think I'll eat more for now as it seems indicated.

In trying to reduce my supplements, I'd not taken riboflavin for a long time. I've only got 100mg capsules on hand. It's an oil capsule, so perhaps I'll take 2 per week.

I'd mentioned stopping the topical treatments to the doc and got hell. But, reading a paper on a study by some intelligent sounding ophthalmologists lately had made me suspicious. They were talking about testing for possible allergins. One said warm compresses were a waste of time.

I do clean the eyelashes looking in a magnifying mirror.
My husband had blepharitis and did very little. His is gone.

OP
B

Birdie

@Ella, if you see this, do you recommend the warm compresses?

Tawnya

@Birdie hi
I am doing much better I saw a autonomic dr last March 2018 . He put me on the antibiotic rifaxamin for sibo and my rosacea has cleared ! I’m doing better all the way around orthostatic hypotension better I’m walking and not bedridden either.. hoping to drive soon. He also prescribed a vagus nerve stimulator that I wear on my left ear 4 hrs a day!

OP
B

Birdie

@Birdie hi
I am doing much better I saw a autonomic dr last March 2018 . He put me on the antibiotic rifaxamin for sibo and my rosacea has cleared ! I’m doing better all the way around orthostatic hypotension better I’m walking and not bedridden either.. hoping to drive soon. He also prescribed a vagus nerve stimulator that I wear on my left ear 4 hrs a day!
Oh, good news. Hi Tawnya! Thanks for reporting back.

Love your photo.

OP
B

Birdie

This past winter my one or two bumps on my scalp progressed to many sores that would not heal. I had one spot on my face, a pustule, that wouldn’t heal. Never had this before.

Went to dermatologist thinking it could be malignant. No, she said it was inflamed. That was evident already but she did something wonderful. She gave me a sample saying this might make it heal faster. Put the thing in my purse. Went home and used Ray’s niacinamide solution. Dried it up. Healed.

Then I found the sample the dermatologist gave me. Dermaseb. Looked that up. Sebaric dermatitis. That began days of searches. I’d already started to do a new pulsed low dose antibiotic therapy. I’d read Peats article again on Rosacea. I’d been back on riboflavin, started back on the carrot salad.

Continued..

OP
B

Birdie

I can’t even begin to list all the helpful info I found. My antibiotic protocol is inspired by Road Back. I’d done something similar in 2012, but this site has a better grip I think.

Then, searching Seborrhoeic Dermatitis, I found excellent info at Dandruff Deconstructed. I was looking for causes and possible remedies. Good info on ingredients in shampoos and soaps and ointments. I learned there about the oils that people might be helpful that feed yeasts for example.

The other site that helped was one on rosacea.

I’m working all this info into Peat’s info.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom