Argentine president gets Sputnik jab, gets Covid

Argentinian leader Alberto Fernandez has most likely been infected with the new coronavirus, he announced. The virus should not affect him severely, however, as he has previously received the Sputnik V vaccine, researchers say.

President Fernandez “performed an antigen test which was positive,” and has been awaiting further confirmation of his state of health having had a PCR test, he wrote on Twitter on Saturday.

Fernandez, who turned 62 just a day before, said he had a “slight headache” and fever, but reassured the Argentinian people that he was “physically well” and “in good spirits.”

Replying to his tweet, Russia’s Gamaleya Institute, which developed the Sputnik V vaccine, said, if the infection was confirmed, the president’s recovery should be quick, and he should not experience any severe symptoms. “Sputnik V is 91.6% effective against infection and 100% effective against severe cases,” they explained, wishing Fernandez a speedy recovery.

Alberto Fernandez was among the first world leaders to have been injected with Russia’s Covid-19 vaccine. Sputnik V is officially approved and registered in Argentina, which signed a deal with Russia to purchase millions of doses of the vaccine.

Aad

Immunity only lasts for three months. (Sputnik, J&J and AstraZeneca).

And according to Netanyahu the immunity from mRNA vaccines (Pfizer) will only last 6 months max.

yerrag

And according to Netanyahu the immunity from mRNA vaccines (Pfizer) will only last 6 months max.
I am sure the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna) and the Adenonovirus vaccine of JnJ don't confer immunity, That is what the US FDA says.

As for the other vaccines - AstraZeneca, Sputnik, SinoPharm, SinoVac - I haven't been thorough in finding out about them. Do they confer immunity or are they all just like the 3 I mentioned earlier - only capable of reducing symptoms?

CreakyJoints

I am sure the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna) and the Adenonovirus vaccine of JnJ don't confer immunity, That is what the US FDA says.

As for the other vaccines - AstraZeneca, Sputnik, SinoPharm, SinoVac - I haven't been thorough in finding out about them. Do they confer immunity or are they all just like the 3 I mentioned earlier - only capable of reducing symptoms?

AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine is adenovirus also, but does not confer 'immunity', their representation of data is an absolute farce anyway. In another thrilling incident of politicians not being immune after vaccination, Jeremy Hunt was infected immediately after his jab, as he revealed in this conversation with Boris Johnson, who for some reason sounded surprised. I believe it was AZ.

Boris Johnson: "I don't know whether you've had one yet, Jeremy?"
Jeremy Hunt: "Yes, thank you; I've had my jab, Prime Minister, yes thank you very much. I still got the virus, but three days after, so the immunity probably hadn't set in..."
Boris Jonson: "You got the virus three days after the jab?"
Jeremy Hunt: "Yes, very badly [news outlets have transcribed this as 'very bad luck', either seems plausible] it was, but anyway I'm very pleased. The jab probably made the symptoms much less [sic]."

Unknownuser

I wonder how people do not see whats going on there. Its the best business model in the world that gets installed right now.

drwill

Russia claims Sputnik us z85% effective. It might not be that good. Or the Argentine President might be unlucky.

After three months of use they only could say that the vaccine works for three months.

pfizer has the research showing it is 80% effective after 6 months. They think the protection from the vaccines will be greater that the protection fyy try I’m having COVID.

A booster may be needed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals