Another good reason to avoid tap water

Rick K

We have discussed , courtesy of @haidut, the dangers of SSRI's, in particular as they are passed on in tap water bringing the joy of excess serotonin to the masses, but here is an article on amphetamines also passed along to the drinking water supply helping to add paranoia and delusions to our excess serotonin personalities. Forgive my morbid humor. Of course, once again, it will be pointed out how it affects other critters, just not us.

Methamphetamine in waterways may be turning trout into addicts (msn.com)

OP
Rick K

Rick K

Not much information to off of beyond a recent paywall journal and some MSM articles.
My contention is that all pharmacopeia goes down the drain due to partial metabolism and then gets recycled via tap water. Narcotics are never really discussed but are just as insidious in their contribution to personal/social malaise. The levels of mental illness, social difficulties that seem to have manifested logarithmically during the last 2-3 decades seem to corelate with the incredible rise in addictive narcotics, SSRI's and no doubt a significant contribution to T levels dropping because of birth control pills; not just endocrine disrupters from the petrochemical industry. Perrier, here I come..

Missenger

Yeah, that's what the study sounds like it's amounting to, that local fish in local waters is suspect and general public chlorinated tap water may as well be pointless to drink unless it's distilled or filtered appropriately.

David PS

Sefton10

Perrier, here I come..
Came to a similar conclusion recently. Most of my fluid comes from milk and juice, but I have quite a bit of homemade bone broth too, which I was making with tap water. Even plastic bottled mineral water has to be a better option at this point.

Dr. B

Came to a similar conclusion recently. Most of my fluid comes from milk and juice, but I have quite a bit of homemade bone broth too, which I was making with tap water. Even plastic bottled mineral water has to be a better option at this point.
those mineral waters can be dangerous dependng on course. distilled or RO filtered/ozone treated is probably better.
like even costcos bottled water, the cheap kirkland stuff should have very little fluoride or none since its both RO filtered and ozone purified.
ive seen some crazy priced, glacial distilled water at costco before, its very expensive. not sure if its better.
but personally i am doing around a half gallon milk, 16oz OJ, and 16oz coconut water a day which is providing more than enough liquid. if i need more i can use some extra coconut water

OP
Rick K

Rick K

Fwiw I buy carbonated mineral water in glass bottles. Probably a less scary option. I have multiple protein shakes daily and use my own distilled water.

Dr. B

Fwiw I buy carbonated mineral water in glass bottles. Probably a less scary option. I have multiple protein shakes daily and use my own distilled water.
which whey protein are you using?
im looking to switch to just eating the whey powder by spoon, in dry powder form. i have an unflavored one, tastes like crap. thinking of buying the "organic raw whey" on amazon but its like $100 bucks for 5 pounds, basically double price of normal whey protein. want something i can eat

Ben.

I can see this being an option, however, what are you using for cooking and for the shower?

One issue i have with filters for showers are the expensive parts one has to replace on a 2 or 3 monthly basis

Dr. B

I can see this being an option, however, what are you using for cooking and for the shower?

One issue i have with filters for showers are the expensive parts one has to replace on a 2 or 3 monthly basis
its probably not a big deal with shower water? youre not ingesting, you shouldnt be absorbing much if anything?

Ben.

its probably not a big deal with shower water? youre not ingesting, you shouldnt be absorbing much if anything?

Mhh idk, following that logic shampoos and perfumes shouldn' be a issue either, but there are enough people who do have issues with it.

For me, on some days the water causes pimples and reddness after showering. Its rather rare but it can still happen, maybe the reaction is due to me being in a bad state at that particular moment.

Dr. B

Mhh idk, following that logic shampoos and perfumes shouldn' be a issue either, but there are enough people who do have issues with it.

For me, on some days the water causes pimples and reddness after showering. Its rather rare but it can still happen, maybe the reaction is due to me being in a bad state at that particular moment.
perfumes could be absorbed if applied to skin directly. perfumes and even lotions, chapstick can definitely cause issues. the shampoos, soaps should be washed off instantly so not have as much opportunity to leech through. although im curious if the shampoos being estrogenic would actually help hair growth on the scalp?

OP
Rick K

Rick K

Cooking is also filtered. Anything I swallow is filtered. Shower is not but I don't take hot or long showers.

equipoise

Our tap water here in Europe is really good, folks from the states are dumbfounded of the taste. No need to filter or anything

Missenger

Our tap water here in Europe is really good, folks from the states are dumbfounded of the taste. No need to filter or anything
Explains the video with the British guy joking about drinking tap water instead of bottled, I thought it looked kind of kooky. American tap water is pretty toxic, north to south America.

equipoise

Explains the video with the British guy joking about drinking tap water instead of bottled, I thought it looked kind of kooky. American tap water is pretty toxic, north to south America.
Thats such a shame. We pretty much just drink tap water at home, public toilets, really anywhere.
Saves money.

On the side note, I definitely feel better drinking some water during summer. I know most practicioners of Ray's ideas advocate against it, but nothin beats water

Uselis

Yeah anytime I'd stumble onto these tap water discusions I always wondered if its USA thing strictly.

Tap water is tasty here and actually opposite goes for any bottled water.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom