Dave's Recovery Log - April 2016

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

A tip for reducing endotoxin:

- Make the carrot salad
- Eat carrot salad
- Take 10 g or so of activated charcoal

This seems to reduce endotoxin better than either alone, or charcoal before the salad.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

UPDATE: Carrot salad first thing in the morning followed by activated charcoal immediately afterwards works very well. Cascara a little later or before to speed the transit of the fiber and charcoal.

Mirtazapine 250 mcg lowers adrenaline nicely.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I'm taking a break from university and entering into the real world. Nothing makes me unhappier than authoritarian education systems. I fake my existence everyday and force my mind into areas it has no interest in. I can feel my brain dying, and thus I'm going to take a break and see if I can utilize a creative outlet.

I hope to eventually act as a nutritional consultant, and I know the licensing requires years (4-6) of education, so I'm going to see if I can circumvent the system. Maybe, maybe not, but I have to pursue this avenue, or my soul will die as another brick in the wall.

Regina

UPDATE: Carrot salad first thing in the morning followed by activated charcoal immediately afterwards works very well. Cascara a little later or before to speed the transit of the fiber and charcoal.

Mirtazapine 250 mcg lowers adrenaline nicely.
Dave, Did you ever try inosine to lower adrenaline?

Birdie

Good Dave. We'll see how it goes. In my case, I had to be forced to study subjects like anatomy, chemistry, biology...oh anything . But the stress of school is awful.

sladerunner69

I'm taking a break from university and entering into the real world. Nothing makes me unhappier than authoritarian education systems. I fake my existence everyday and force my mind into areas it has no interest in. I can feel my brain dying, and thus I'm going to take a break and see if I can utilize a creative outlet.

I hope to eventually act as a nutritional consultant, and I know the licensing requires years (4-6) of education, so I'm going to see if I can circumvent the system. Maybe, maybe not, but I have to pursue this avenue, or my soul will die as another brick in the wall.

Where are you living that nutritonal consulting requires 4-6 yrs of education?

University is certainly not right for everyone, and we ahve developed a cultural dogma seperating those with college degrees and those without, but financially speaking I think that going to a trade school could be a much better investment if you dont have a brimming passion and excitement about whatever you are studying.

That said, I am in university in southern california and am thoroughly enjoying my experience. Of course the standard in california university is an unapologetic left-leaning education, but at the small private christian school I have chosen I am not too heavily influenced by that. All of my professors seem very astute, well grounded and balanced. They make room for all political opinions and don't push authoritatively unless it is because of a classrooom disruption or some kind of mathematical error.

sladerunner69

Good Dave. We'll see how it goes. In my case, I had to be forced to study subjects like anatomy, chemistry, biology...oh anything . But the stress of school is awful.

Why then were you forced to study those wonderul subjects? And what was it that felt so wrong about it?

Birdie

Why then were you forced to study those wonderul subjects? And what was it that felt so wrong about it?
I took the courses. I was at USC then.
Since I had a small daughter, I had to study at odd hours and hurry home from school, forcing it because I had a goal.
I couldn't have studied all the material on my own, without the classes, without fellow students.
The "...oh anything" is weird. A typo I guess.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Dave, Did you ever try inosine to lower adrenaline?
For caffeine, I just feel better not consuming it, or in very small quantities. My pulse stays up at 90 and temp at 99.0 with minimal supplements (from the serotonin antagonists I take, I'd imagine.) I'll try to wean off those, but inosine gives me some weird irritability in higher dosages (500 mg, the standard dose). A smaller dose of 200 mg seems to give some clarity of thought, but it's subtle.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Indeed; what bothers me most though is the lack of interaction (and value to other humans beings.) I hate living my life with future-orientation (I can feel the serotonin oozing out of my textbooks.) I want to make an impact NOW, and help people NOW.

Where are you living that nutritonal consulting requires 4-6 yrs of education?

University is certainly not right for everyone, and we ahve developed a cultural dogma seperating those with college degrees and those without, but financially speaking I think that going to a trade school could be a much better investment if you dont have a brimming passion and excitement about whatever you are studying.

That said, I am in university in southern california and am thoroughly enjoying my experience. Of course the standard in california university is an unapologetic left-leaning education, but at the small private christian school I have chosen I am not too heavily influenced by that. All of my professors seem very astute, well grounded and balanced. They make room for all political opinions and don't push authoritatively unless it is because of a classrooom disruption or some kind of mathematical error.
That's good to know; a friend of mine today was just saying how community college is much more personal than the university. Trade's are on my priorities, but I don't really have a passion there either; it would be the same effect, but maybe less boring and more difficult. Nutritional counseling is something I'm passionate about, and I feel a force driving me to do that. One could call it God, but it's a very strong sense of compulsion to go in that direction, and I feel so clear when I listen to it.

sladerunner69

Indeed; what bothers me most though is the lack of interaction (and value to other humans beings.) I hate living my life with future-orientation (I can feel the serotonin oozing out of my textbooks.) I want to make an impact NOW, and help people NOW.

That's good to know; a friend of mine today was just saying how community college is much more personal than the university. Trade's are on my priorities, but I don't really have a passion there either; it would be the same effect, but maybe less boring and more difficult. Nutritional counseling is something I'm passionate about, and I feel a force driving me to do that. One could call it God, but it's a very strong sense of compulsion to go in that direction, and I feel so clear when I listen to it.

I have considerred that as well but it may be very difficult to develop profit out of genuine nutrional reccomendations because of how backwards the nutirional mainstream would view many of Peat's reccomendations....

Birdie

I have considerred that as well but it may be very difficult to develop profit out of genuine nutrional reccomendations because of how backwards the nutirional mainstream would view many of Peat's reccomendations....
Yes. Back when my business included standard Orthomolecular Medicine advice, people wanted to hear it. Now, retired and with what I learn from RP, people are not interested. They just want to hear about magic supplements.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Just ate 6 potatoes with some beef stew stirred in a skillet (similar to beef hash). Will update on the metabolic effects.

Diokine

Just ate 6 potatoes
240.gif

Wagner83

I don't know if you eat starch or not, nor if you should, but if you give up on most starch for while then I'd expect issues upon reintroducing them. Did you add a lot of fat besides the beef? Also a lot of potatoes can have negative effects, unless they are very buttery. For some reason organic pasta seem like a lesser evil for me, sticky sushi rice if it does not constipate you. Expresso on an empty stomach in the morning and possibly later on too seem to help digestion. I think combining lemon juice (freshly pressed) with some apple juice and an expresso away from meals may help big time but I'll need to experiment more with it .

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

What you think caused it? Potatoes or beef?
The potatoes; I eat beef regularly, but too much meat will also have a similar effect. It's closest to a low-libido, mild feeling of hopelessness. Just like everything slows down in a low-grade inflammatory state. Pregnenolone helps to relieve symptoms.

I don't know if you eat starch or not, nor if you should, but if you give up on most starch for while then I'd expect issues upon reintroducing them. Did you add a lot of fat besides the beef? Also a lot of potatoes can have negative effects, unless they are very buttery. For some reason organic pasta seem like a lesser evil for me, sticky sushi rice if it does not constipate you. Expresso on an empty stomach in the morning and possibly later on too seem to help digestion. I think combining lemon juice (freshly pressed) with some apple juice and an expresso away from meals may help big time but I'll need to experiment more with it .
I suppose. I'll keep eating potatoes for a while and try some waxy (red) potatoes.

I cooked them for 15-20 minutes in the microwave, put them on a skillet with some fully hydrogenated coconut oil, added some homemade gelatinized beef stew and stirred that in while cooking. Very tasty.

Jsaute21

The potatoes; I eat beef regularly, but too much meat will also have a similar effect. It's closest to a low-libido, mild feeling of hopelessness. Just like everything slows down in a low-grade inflammatory state. Pregnenolone helps to relieve symptoms.

I suppose. I'll keep eating potatoes for a while and try some waxy (red) potatoes.

I cooked them for 15-20 minutes in the microwave, put them on a skillet with some fully hydrogenated coconut oil, added some homemade gelatinized beef stew and stirred that in while cooking. Very tasty.

Its amazing the effect too much meat can have on the body. For me, who was never a full on low carber, i think reducing meat intake has been almost as valuable as restricting PUFA. I still eat meat, but not like i used to.

Diokine

Re; Meat

I agree, I've significantly cut out animal meats after reading about tryptophan derangement (among other aminos,) as well as the anti-thyroid properties. Too much muscle meat induces the same metabolic state as prolonged exposure to cortisol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom