To Haidut : What Do You Usually Eat In A Day?

Have you tried different starches? Going starch free caused me a major health set back that has taken months to recover from. My problem was with potatoes however and have no issues with rice.
Have you ever tried potato protein soup? You know, juicing the potatoes and then cooking the juice. If yes, how did you react to it? Juicing removes the starch of the potato, which isnt the problem for you, as you said, but it also removes the solanine( Im not sure on this one), so perhaps you would tolerate it fine?
Im curious to know cause I too tolerate white rice well, but potatoes make mr feel so bloated and out of energy when I eat more than a few ounces of it.

Dobbler

Have you tried different starches? Going starch free caused me a major health set back that has taken months to recover from. My problem was with potatoes however and have no issues with rice.
Interesting, usually its the other way around. What problems did you have?

raypeatclips

Have you ever tried potato protein soup? You know, juicing the potatoes and then cooking the juice. If yes, how did you react to it? Juicing removes the starch of the potato, which isnt the problem for you, as you said, but it also removes the solanine( Im not sure on this one), so perhaps you would tolerate it fine?
Im curious to know cause I too tolerate white rice well, but potatoes make mr feel so bloated and out of energy when I eat more than a few ounces of it.

Yeah tried the potato juice and felt fine but only tried it a couple of times. Potatoes made me feel terrible after 1-2 months of eating them daily, had churning gut, stress reactions that forced bowel movements with loads of sweating and feel like I was going to pass out. I made a thread about it earlier this year asking people's thoughts and it hasn't returned since I stopped eating potatoes.

Interesting, usually its the other way around. What problems did you have?

I got gut issues from potatoes as I mentioned above so felt like starch was detrimental for me. For some reason I hadn't considered rice at this point as a fuel source. I had attempted to go no starch previously but gave up as i was unable to sleep due to being restless and agitated which starch fixed.

Basically I went zero starch for two weeks, the first few days initially resolved the gut issues I was having which confirmed to me (or so I thought) that starch was bad for me. After a few days I started to feel constantly stressed, agitated, irritable, unable to deal with issues at work, anxiety. I continued eating no starch for these two weeks with every day these symptoms without eating starch until I basically had a breakdown and was off work for months. Some people will probably call bull**** on this but whatever. I don't know the exact reason why this happened. If I were to try describe it I would feel like I did not have the energy inside of my body to respond to stresses. I felt like I was missing something. Perhaps a sluggish liver was unable to store enough glycogen from the sugar. I don't know. All I know that is after months off work things have slowly come around again and I am eating rice as a main glucose source and feel world's better than before. Perhaps my issue was simply trying to push through negative symptoms caused by no starch and had I resumed starch I wouldn't have got into that state. This experience has made me question my whole beliefs about the Peat diet and I eat pretty relaxed now and feel fine.

If you do have obvious issues with starch though maybe try without it but be careful of watching for symptoms, I know a lot of people on here claim to do fine without it. Don't eat anything or avoid anything that causes you serious negative symptoms. I personally will never be going no starch again. I believe thorough boiling of rice removes all the negative issues peat talks about.

Yeah tried the potato juice and felt fine but only tried it a couple of times. Potatoes made me feel terrible after 1-2 months of eating them daily, had churning gut, stress reactions that forced bowel movements with loads of sweating and feel like I was going to pass out. I made a thread about it earlier this year asking people's thoughts and it hasn't returned since I stopped eating potatoes.

I got gut issues from potatoes as I mentioned above so felt like starch was detrimental for me. For some reason I hadn't considered rice at this point as a fuel source. I had attempted to go no starch previously but gave up as i was unable to sleep due to being restless and agitated which starch fixed.

Basically I went zero starch for two weeks, the first havys initially resolved the gut issues I was having which confirmed to me (or so I thought) that starch was bad for me. After a few days I started to feel constantly stressed, agitated, irritable, unable to deal with issues at work, anxiety. I continued eating no starch for these two weeks with every day these symptoms without eating starch until I basically had a breakdown and was off work for months. Some people will probably call bull**** on this but whatever. I don't know the exact reason why this happened. If I were to try describe it I would feel like I did not have the energy inside of my body to respond to stresses. I felt like I was missing something. Perhaps a sluggish liver was unable to store enough glycogen from the sugar. I don't know. All I know that is after months off work things have slowly come around again and I am eating rice as a main glucose source and feel world's better than before. Perhaps my issue was simply trying to push through negative symptoms caused by no starch and had I resumed starch I wouldn't have got into that state. This experience has made me question my whole beliefs about the Peat diet and I eat pretty relaxed now and feel fine.

If you do have obvious issues with starch though maybe try without it but be careful of watching for symptoms, I know a lot of people on here claim to do fine without it. Don't eat anything or avoid anything that causes you serious negative symptoms. I personally will never be going no starch again. I believe thorough boiling of rice removes all the negative issues peat talks about.

Glad you are better now! People are very different, so while some can eat 2 pounds of potatoes a day with no problems, some cannot handle even small amounts. Each person must find what works best for them :)

I have tried going no starch too, but I only tried for one meal, which was my second meal of the day, when I always eat some starch. I felt very much out of energy and my mood and memory both were negatively affected. So in the next meal I made sure to eat some rice and in no time my mood and energy were back, as well as my memory. And to me it doesn't even need that big of an amount. Most of my carbohydrate calories comes from sugar( 400g) and thr rest comes from starch, of which I eat about 50g-75g. I totally understand you doubting Peat, since he says that starch is bad. I agree with most of what he says( such as PUFA, serotonin, estrogen etc.), but definitely I dont agree with him regarding starch, specially boiled/ steamed starch. It isn't needed to subscribe to everything he says. For example, I woud say my diet looks like a paleo diet/ asian-style diet with peat-inspired ideas. By the way, have you tried other tubers( casava, sweet potatoes, yams etc.)? Did you react well to them?

raypeatclips

Glad you are better now! People are very different, so while some can eat 2 pounds of potatoes a day with no problems, some cannot handle even small amounts. Each person must find what works best for them :)

I have tried going no starch too, but I only tried for one meal, which was my second meal of the day, when I always eat some starch. I felt very much out of energy and my mood and memory both were negatively affected. So in the next meal I made sure to eat some rice and in no time my mood and energy were back, as well as my memory. And to me it doesn't even need that big of an amount. Most of my carbohydrate calories comes from sugar( 400g) and thr rest comes from starch, of which I eat about 50g-75g. I totally understand you doubting Peat, since he says that starch is bad. I agree with most of what he says( such as PUFA, serotonin, estrogen etc.), but definitely I dont agree with him regarding starch, specially boiled/ steamed starch. It isn't needed to subscribe to everything he says. For example, I woud say my diet looks like a paleo diet/ asian-style diet with peat-inspired ideas. By the way, have you tried other tubers( casava, sweet potatoes, yams etc.)? Did you react well to them?

Oh yeah I am very similar to you, that one of my only concerns with Peat is the boiled starch "issue." I still eat lots of calcium, sugar, nutritious foods such as eggs, liver, juice and some fruits and still avoid PUFA as much as possible. I also eat a decent amount of vegetables to great benefit and similarly to you my diet seems quite Asian based.

I have not tried any of those, no. I don't seem cassava or yams particularly accessible to purchase I would have to go out of my way to buy them and sweet potatoes are high in beta carotene I believe. I am quite happy with my diet at the moment though.

Ideonaut

No disrespect meant to Haidut--he's a brilliant man and super knowledgeable--but the question I would want to ask before taking him as a model for what to eat is, Has he achieved vibrantly excellent health? The answer to this may be yes--I hope so.

Amazoniac

No disrespect meant to Haidut--he's a brilliant man and super knowledgeable--but the question I would want to ask before taking him as a model for what to eat is, Has he achieved vibrantly excellent health? The answer to this may be yes--I hope so.
The guru has 30 kids, 2 wifes, 3 jobs, 1 company, 500 messages a day, 10000+ posts of useful content, gets lost everyday on Washington's streets; basically running at 5% of what pboy is capable of. Being alive in such condition is already a good sign, you just can't afford such routine while congested. I still don't have an answer for the arm angle though and don't have access to Chipotle, it must be that.

milk_lover

The guru has 30 kids, 2 wifes, 3 jobs, 1 company, 500 messages a day, 10000+ posts of useful content, gets lost everyday on Washington's streets; basically running at 5% of what pboy is capable of. Being alive in such condition is already a good sign, you just can't afford such routine while congested. I still don't have an answer for the arm angle though and don't have access to Chipotle, it must be that.
Hahah good answer :handok:

Oh yeah I am very similar to you, that one of my only concerns with Peat is the boiled starch "issue." I still eat lots of calcium, sugar, nutritious foods such as eggs, liver, juice and some fruits and still avoid PUFA as much as possible. I also eat a decent amount of vegetables to great benefit and similarly to you my diet seems quite Asian based.

I have not tried any of those, no. I don't seem cassava or yams particularly accessible to purchase I would have to go out of my way to buy them and sweet potatoes are high in beta carotene I believe. I am quite happy with my diet at the moment though.
I see :)

haidut

Forum Supporter
"Metadoxine is an ion pair salt of pyridoxine and pyrrolidon carboxilate (PCA).[1] Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) is a precursor of coenzymes including pyridoxal 5’-phosphate (PLP), which accelerates the metabolic degradation of ethanol and prevents adenosine triphosphate (ATP) inactivation by acetaldehyde."
LMAO))

Are you aware of anything to be cautious about when it comes to the activated forms? Such as some signal in the body being based on their activation.

gbolduev commented this in case you missed:
Vitamin B2 Remarkably Effective Against Endotoxin, Sepsis, And Other Bacterial Infections

I think P5P in higher doses may increase sympathetic system activity as it is considered a COMT inhbitor.
Catechol-O-methyl transferase - Wikipedia
There is a company that petitioned FDA to ban P5P as they try to develop it as a drug for heart failure. Their studies showed protective effects from up to 25mg but higher doses were not beneficial. Given the role of adrenaline in heart failure, I think this may explain why. A single dose of 100mg P5P is probably OK for a night of heavy drinking but I would not take this chronically.

haidut

Forum Supporter

I try to eat the carrot salad, and some cooked leafy vegetables like spinach or kale. But other than that, no significant intake of fiber (at least on purpose).

haidut

Forum Supporter

Lol, it must be the Chipotle.
No Chipotle in Brasil? Well, I guess given the famous Brazilian beef probably dispensed at every corner, Chipotle probably can't compete there.

Makrosky

My office has a lot of windows and is facing south, so on sunny days I get sunlight exposure all day :): I actually feel a bit of difference from lights and sunlight - sunlight tends to make me sleepy after some time while the 300W incandescent bulbs keep me alert. I have a few 500W ones at home and they seem to do the same.
Tilting the Earth is dangerous, have you not heard of the Mayan prophecy saying doing such things will change the Earth magnetic pole and a flood will ensue? :):

so haidut, sorry if you have answered this before... two questions :

- You just use plain old incandescent bulbs with clear "coating" ? Like this one :
ge-incandescent-light-bulbs-200a-cl-1-tp12-64_1000.jpg

- How do you set up them ? You put them in desk lamps ? Or in the ceiling pointing down at you ? Or how ?

haidut

Forum Supporter
so haidut, sorry if you have answered this before... two questions :

- You just use plain old incandescent bulbs with clear "coating" ? Like this one :
ge-incandescent-light-bulbs-200a-cl-1-tp12-64_1000.jpg

- How do you set up them ? You put them in desk lamps ? Or in the ceiling pointing down at you ? Or how ?

Not clear, my bulbs are opaque, matte white. I have desk lamps with porcelain faucets and use one on my desk and another behind me as a taller standing lamp. If the wattage is higher than 150W I think you need a lamp with porcelain faucet or otherwise it will melt the faucet and potentially start a fire.

Makrosky

Not clear, my bulbs are opaque, matte white. I have desk lamps with porcelain faucets and use one on my desk and another behind me as a taller standing lamp. If the wattage is higher than 150W I think you need a lamp with porcelain faucet or otherwise it will melt the faucet and potentially start a fire.
Ok thanks! So you use that couple of 300W bulbs with lamps so the light doesn't go straight to you but through the lamp... I don't know the name in english : normally lamps have "screens" that sorround the bulb. Do you notice the effects shortly after turning the lights on like it happens with redlight of 600-700nm or is it somethibg more gradual that happens as hours pass by?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ok thanks! So you use that couple of 300W bulbs with lamps so the light doesn't go straight to you but through the lamp... I don't know the name in english : normally lamps have "screens" that sorround the bulb. Do you notice the effects shortly after turning the lights on like it happens with redlight of 600-700nm or is it somethibg more gradual that happens as hours pass by?

My lamps do not have screens, the light comes directly at me. With light that bright, the effects are usually visible within the first minute. It makes me really alert if I am sleepy or tired.

Makrosky

My lamps do not have screens, the light comes directly at me. With light that bright, the effects are usually visible within the first minute. It makes me really alert if I am sleepy or tired.
Cool thanks :):

haidut

Forum Supporter

Amazoniac

failure (countable and uncountable, plural failures)

1. State or condition of not meeting a desirable or intended objective, opposite of success.

2. An object, person or endeavour in a state of failure or incapable of success.

3. Termination of the ability of an item to perform its required function, breakdown.

fear (countable and uncountable, plural fears)

1. (uncountable) A strong, uncontrollable, unpleasant emotion caused by actual or perceived danger or threat.
He was struck by fear on seeing the snake.

2. (countable) A phobia, a sense of fear induced by something or someone.
Not everybody has the same fears. I have a fear of ants.

3. (uncountable) Terrified veneration or reverence, particularly towards God, gods, or sovereigns.

mistake (plural mistakes)

1. An error; a blunder.

2. (baseball) A pitch which was intended to be pitched in a hard-to-hit location, but instead ends up in an easy-to-hit place.

cold (comparative colder, superlative coldest)

1. (of a thing) Having a low temperature.
A cold wind whistled through the trees.

2. (of the weather) Causing the air to be cold.
The forecast is that it will be very cold today.

3. (of a person or animal) Feeling the sensation of coldness, especially to the point of discomfort.
She was so cold she was shivering.

4. Unfriendly, emotionally distant or unfeeling.
She shot me a cold glance before turning her back.

5. Dispassionate, not prejudiced or partisan, impartial.
Let's look at this tomorrow with a cold head.
He's a nice guy, but the cold facts say we should fire him.
The cold truth is that states rarely undertake military action unless their national interests are at stake.

6. Completely unprepared; without introduction.
He was assigned cold calls for the first three months.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals