To Haidut : What Do You Usually Eat In A Day?

haidut

Forum Supporter
There are many forum members that have already sorted those two issues (no extreme weight or PUFA in tissues) yet have difficulty maintaining a good state without thyroid. It doesn't seem an issue of being supressed for too long and making up for it now, it appears that it's not working or they're after the extra kick. What do you think is going on in general? When you supplement hormones and manipulate other aspects, aren't you correcting an artificial state?

So, maybe these people are still in an environment with a great deal of stress, as Ray said in his last quote. I personally also use thyroid, but these days it is relatively rarely (maybe twice a week), only as needed. Maybe I should have clarified to say that I think it is possible to maintain good health with occasional thyroid, as opposed to every day use.

Amazoniac

So, maybe these people are still in an environment with a great deal of stress, as Ray said in his last quote. I personally also use thyroid, but these days it is relatively rarely (maybe twice a week), only as needed. Maybe I should have clarified to say that I think it is possible to maintain good health with occasional thyroid, as opposed to every day use.
You commented once that it's not uncommon for depression to be resolved if people go with the flow. When you (general) use a thyroid supplement, you're intervening and creating an artificial good state. You won't be able to embrace the hell and find a way out as clearly, you're much compelled to depend on it pretty much like an addict. When you use it often and manipulate other aspects, you're essentially correcting the artificial state. I've been wondering about this for a long time, which is why I asked your opinion on what do you consider to be the hell threshold.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you think that in the future there will be a new series of the Ninja Turtles with a fifth member named after Such?

Well, Such is half-Italian. So his real name is probably Guiseppe, which I think has a nice ring to it, and combines well with Leonardo and Donatello :):

haidut

Forum Supporter

4peatssake

You commented once that it's not uncommon for depression to be resolved if people go with the flow. When you (general) use a thyroid supplement, you're intervening and creating an artificial good state. You won't be able to embrace the hell and find a way out as clearly, you're much compelled to depend on it pretty much like an addict. When you use it often and manipulate other aspects, you're essentially correcting the artificial state. I've been wondering about this for a long time, which is why I asked your opinion on what do you consider to be the hell threshold.

Interesting conversation. Couple of things came to mind, first that supplementing thyroid (in natural form) is no different than supplementing liver so using food to raise metabolism is OK in my book, whether it be dessicated or from the animal. And secondly, in this bizarre, stress promoting culture, I daresay there is no longer anything but an artificial state on this planet at this time. Do you know anyone that is living a healthy joy filled life - that they are able to sustain? That's how life "should" be - for everyone - but it's not. Not by a long shot.

And so reaching for the ideal isn't remotely possible though fun to discuss. But in reality, while on the earth at this time in history, whoa, I best be on top of my issues and using every thing in my power to learn how to live as healthy and well as possible and help others. Ray Peat did this for a lifetime.

Such is Such - though thinking of him as a Guiseppe is fun.

:wavingyellow Amazoniac!

Wagner83

And so reaching for the ideal isn't remotely possible though fun to discuss. But in reality, while on the earth at this time in history, whoa, I best be on top of my issues and using every thing in my power to learn how to live as healthy and well as possible and help others. Ray Peat did this for a lifetime.
Ok but I think Amazoniac's point is what is healthy in the short-term may not be in the long-term, of course we all die one day but it does not mean one should embrace whatever makes him feel better now.

Does that mean he has to leave?

4peatssake

Ok but I think Amazoniac's point is what is healthy in the short-term may not be in the long-term, of course we all die one day but it does not mean one should embrace whatever makes him feel better now.

why not? i don't agree with pushing the river but going with the flow and using whatever is helping me at this time with what's going on, and of course adjusting as one resolves what they have currently going on. i'm going to do what's best for me in every moment. i don't believe there is an ideal i am aiming for other than homeostasis, if you want a science term. anyhoo, i'm not interested in a debate, was just popping in to say hello to amazoniac and...

Does that mean he has to leave?
nope
geez, place hasn't changed :hahahaha

Amazoniac

Interesting conversation. Couple of things came to mind, first that supplementing thyroid (in natural form) is no different than supplementing liver so using food to raise metabolism is OK in my book, whether it be dessicated or from the animal. And secondly, in this bizarre, stress promoting culture, I daresay there is no longer anything but an artificial state on this planet at this time. Do you know anyone that is living a healthy joy filled life - that they are able to sustain? That's how life "should" be - for everyone - but it's not. Not by a long shot.

Guru!!!
While that is true, on the other hand there can be this. This is not to deny that people aren't coming from a deranged place trying to find a solution, but rather to point out that the hormones aren't the building blocks, they're coordinators; and when you need too much coordination for too long all while depending on external sources you start to wonder if there isn't anything missing in the building block department. These are things that I question myself.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Zeus, 4peatssake's reappearance reminded of something that I've been meaning to comment with you: the discussions in this forum are much more far-reaching than we realize because there are many shamans that don't want to become members or have been banned, yet I suspect they still visit the forum as often as members. Even Ray himself might visit the forum from time to time; hopefully he visits when the Tarot Reader thread is active. I also hope that narouz is still with us.

It's reassuring when Diokine writes 'embiggened' because you discover that one of your heroes is reading the other. Maybe we should try to find these hints in writings outside of the forum.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Zeus, 4peatssake's reappearance reminded of something that I've been meaning to comment with you: the discussions in this forum are much more far-reaching than we realize because there are many shamans that don't want to become members or have been banned, yet I suspect they still visit the forum as often as members. Even Ray himself might visit the forum from time to time; hopefully he visits when the Tarot Reader thread is active. I also hope that narouz is still with us.

It's reassuring when Diokine writes 'embiggened' because you discover that one of your heroes is reading the other. Maybe we should try to find these hints in writings outside of the forum.
If you think I'm delusional, here's one semi-confirmation:
Nathan (natedawwgh) has now a blog. In his article about sodium acetate or something like that (I don't remember which one exactly) used the word 'elusive'. I later came across the linked post and it can't be a coincidence since it's quite an unusual word associated with the same subject. I suspect it was the base for the development of his ideas.

Last edited:

HDD

+1 @4peatssake Good to hear from you!

4peatssake

Guru!!!
While that is true, on the other hand there can be this. This is not to deny that people aren't coming from a deranged place trying to find a solution, but rather to point out that the hormones aren't the building blocks, they're coordinators; and when you need too much coordination for too long all while depending on external sources you start to wonder if there isn't anything missing in the building block department. These are things that I question myself.

So the quote by Peat in question is: The healthy organism in a healthy environment, in a Vernadsky sense, something that's making good energy available, in that condition you hardly need your hormones, the flow of energy is the whole thing. And the way you use the energy, the proper application of your differentiated state, that has all of the functions that the hormones can be used for.

I'm in total agreement with this. But here is the kicker upon which I was making my point - The healthy organism in a healthy environment...

We no longer enjoy this experience on this planet, in this culture, at this time.
Sad, but true. Peat has spent his life exposing this reality. So have others and will continue.

Keep it simple. Go as far back as Koch to truly understand if your path to Truth is through science. It's a tough roe to hoe. Koch's is a voice long forgotten but his work contains the biggest clues imo. This was where things DEVIATED toward the sh*tstorm we have today.

For most people, I send them to Kate Deering's book simply because it makes important information accessible to those who need it the most, just as Peat did when he went to Mexico and saw nutrition as a means to teach poor people how to survive life in a deranged culture. Every other means was shut down by an "authority."
G U R U = Gee You Are You :woo

I think I've hijacked haidut's thread :banplz

Amazoniac

So the quote by Peat in question is: The healthy organism in a healthy environment, in a Vernadsky sense, something that's making good energy available, in that condition you hardly need your hormones, the flow of energy is the whole thing. And the way you use the energy, the proper application of your differentiated state, that has all of the functions that the hormones can be used for.

I'm in total agreement with this. But here is the kicker upon which I was making my point - The healthy organism in a healthy environment...

We no longer enjoy this experience on this planet, in this culture, at this time.
Sad, but true. Peat has spent his life exposing this reality. So have others and will continue.

Keep it simple. Go as far back as Koch to truly understand if your path to Truth is through science. It's a tough roe to hoe. Koch's is a voice long forgotten but his work contains the biggest clues imo. This was where things DEVIATED toward the sh*tstorm we have today.

For most people, I send them to Kate Deering's book simply because it makes important information accessible to those who need it the most, just as Peat did when he went to Mexico and saw nutrition as a means to teach poor people how to survive life in a deranged culture. Every other means was shut down by an "authority."
G U R U = Gee You Are You :woo

I think I've hijacked haidut's thread :banplz
There's something I forgot to add: people in a good condition can get away with bad habits. Here's another relevant one. I was thinking the other day how a low-proteid diet leaves people more vulnerable and so you just can't afford malnutrition.

When it comes to thyroid supplementation, without its assistance, you're left in a state where you really have to figure out what the problems are, otherwise you'll feel worse right away. In other words, a thyroid supplementation can be used to ease improper dietary or lifestyle conditions, and it might become a crutch because you don't fix the cause, but rather reach it constantly to make the body more efficient and suffer less on those improper conditions.

I keep stressing that these are personal considerations because I don't want to discourage anyone from its use, especially since many report remarkable improvements (including many other external hormones). What I have difficulty believing is in the prolonged and excessive use, in such case there has to be other things involved, such as nutritional deficiency, infections, unrecognized toxins, lack of pboy, etc.

It's possible for me to stay too long on a supressed state, but it's also possible to precipitate and miss the chance to perceive what's wrong more clearly; it's something that goes back to the hell threshold above. Rayzord already commented that you need ample nutritional support for the thyroid boost to work, but not everyone knows what is missing for sure, a brief hell stay might help with that.

Hope that you're going great. Keep tarmandering!

Last edited:

Wagner83

I concurr with the above from my own personal experience, if I didn't have to face my issues without external assistance (except numerous pms much to the dismay of a few poor members) I wouldn't have figured out how to improve digestion, energy levels, mood etc.. Things are not perfect , I'm still figuring out some things, but if I ever decide to use supplements they will be icing on the cake or precisely tailored for specific needs. It helps to not have too many factors at play as well as have a pretty solid foundation on terms of diet (found through experiment rather than theoretical and pre-conceived ideas).

4peatssake

There's something I forgot to add: people in a good condition can get away with bad habits. Here's another relevant one. I was thinking the other day how a low-proteid diet leaves people more vulnerable and so you just can't afford malnutrition.

When it comes to thyroid supplementation, without its assistance, you're left in a state where you really have to figure out what the problems are, otherwise you'll feel worse right away. In other words, a thyroid supplementation can be used to ease improper dietary or lifestyle conditions, and it might become a crutch because you don't fix the cause, but rather reach it constantly to make the body more efficient and suffer less on those improper conditions.

I keep stressing that these are personal considerations because I don't want to discourage anyone from its use, especially since many report remarkable improvements (including many other external hormones). What I have difficulty believing is in the prolonged and excessive use, in such case there has to be other things involved, such as nutritional deficiency, infections, unrecognized toxins, lack of pboy, etc.

It's possible for me to stay too long on a supressed state, but it's also possible to precipitate and miss the chance to perceive what's wrong more clearly; it's something that goes back to the hell threshold above. Rayzord already commented that you need ample nutritional support for the thyroid boost to work, but not everyone knows what is missing for sure, a brief hell stay might help with that.

Hope that you're going great. Keep tarmandering!

This will teach me not to parachute into a conversation! :lol:
@charlie @Blossom - feel free to move this to a more appropriate location- or delete.

hehe so you know me well enough (if you've read any of my posts from years ago) that I am staunch advocate of "doing the food" first and foremost. get clear with your issues and all that fun stuff. that's the basics, so let's be clear on that first. food, first.

thing is, I consider thyroid to be food and this is where our difference lies - it's not in the argument over using supplements as crutches - that's what the medical drug cartel does after all, their entire model is built around a disease culture and keeping folks in that state for a lifetime. it supplies it with its energy after all.

my point is that we are still having the wrong conversations and that's because of the continued mind control/slavery perpetrated by a deranged culture.

it loves that people are obsessed with their ill health and discussing the usefulness of specific amino acids & supplements etc. as if you could come up with the perfect dietary cocktail and all your troubles will be over. ah nope. not only that, the foods we once ate normally and naturally, like thyroid glands, are now considered to be "supplements."

it's like taking a porcelain dinner plate and throwing it against the wall and studying the broken bits of porcelain in a vain attempt to understand the plate. yeah do that, the culture says. but who's getting well and feeling joyful - or well enough to help others get well, stay well and make a dent in the status quo? this is one of the reasons, i direct people to kate deering's book. it's a start. but a real tough roe to hoe to find truth, which is what ray peat is actually all about. and believe me, i've worked with and seen enough very sick people, not able to understand a word i am saying now, but those who are open and willing to truly help themselves can and do get well and discover the truth when they are ready. and it can start with food.

before our food supply was contaminated to the degree it is today, people ate the entire animal, which included the thyroid gland, as well as lots of dairy, saturated fat and whole foods. many of the dietary deficiencies people encounter today are the result of the culture worsening, and further contaminating our food, air and water supplies; it's not from people not getting it right. that's what bothers me about these discussions; people end up circling back upon one another and arguing - mostly for the sake of trying to win an argument. that's what happens among imbalanced humans. - instincts in collision. and that's already happened after one measly post. so not fun.

the culture is what is preventing people from getting it right.
and this is why people who do "get it" don't stay here and argue. there is no joy in that and no point.

(that said, :hattipto @charlie for keeping the doors open here for people to study and learn. selfless service that.)

take ray, for example, he's now nearly 80 and spent a lifetime, studying, researching, writing about the same thing - essentially to expose the horrors of the culture he has lived his entire life in. he CHOSE nutrition and women's health because every other avenue available to him was BARRED by authority. if he had his druthers, he would have studied linguistics. he's a hero among heroes in my book. he works mostly alone. and, afaik, he's still nibbling away daily on thyroid to keep his metabolism humming along where he sees fit for it to be.

most people don't go farther back than hans selye but even he and his work were infected by authority; to protect his life he was forced to distance himself from koch who would not back down and was deported to brazil as a result. this is the reason ray quotes older studies - he painstakingly searches for studies still based upon the truthful thinking of that critical period of time. the remnants are there but they are not easy to find!

tarmandering! :lol:
and yes, you too, my friend; hope you are well & best of luck.
we can chat further offline if you like.

but not before some @Dan Wich Danwichism
i think was from when he was testing red light, not sure tho. heh

clipart-of-a-cartoon-red-haired-man-holding-a-lot-of-fireworks-by-ron-leishman-21784.jpg

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This will teach me not to parachute into a conversation! :lol:
@charlie @Blossom - feel free to move this to a more appropriate location- or delete.

hehe so you know me well enough (if you've read any of my posts from years ago) that I am staunch advocate of "doing the food" first and foremost. get clear with your issues and all that fun stuff. that's the basics, so let's be clear on that first. food, first.

thing is, I consider thyroid to be food and this is where our difference lies - it's not in the argument over using supplements as crutches - that's what the medical drug cartel does after all, their entire model is build around a disease culture and keeping folks in that state for a lifetime. it supplies it with its energy after all.

my point is that we are still having the wrong conversations and that's because of the continued mind control/slavery perpetrated by a deranged culture.

it loves that people are obsessed with their ill health and discussing the usefulness of specific amino acids & supplements etc. as if you could come up with the perfect dietary cocktail and all your troubles will be over. ah nope. not only that, the foods we once ate normally and naturally, like thyroid glands, are now considered to be "supplements."

it's like taking a porcelain dinner plate and throwing it against the wall and studying the broken bits of porcelain in a vain attempt to understand the plate. yeah do that, the culture says. but who's getting well and feeling joyful - or well enough to help others get well, stay well and make a dent in the status quo? this is one of the reasons, i direct people to kate deering's book. it's a start. but a real tough roe to hoe to find truth, which is what ray peat is actually all about. and believe me, i've worked with and seen enough very sick people, not able to understand a word i am saying now, but those who are open and willing to truly help themselves can and do get well and discover the truth when they are ready. and it can start with food.

before our food supply was contaminated to the degree it is today, people ate the entire animal, which included the thyroid gland, as well as lots of dairy, saturated fat and whole foods. many of the dietary deficiencies people encounter today are the result of the culture worsening, and further contaminating our food, air and water supplies; it's not from people not getting it right. that's what bothers me about these discussions; people end up circling back upon one another and arguing - mostly for the sake of trying to win an argument. that's what happens among imbalanced humans. - instincts in collision. and that's already happened after one measly post. so not fun.

the culture is what is preventing people from getting it right.
and this is why people who do "get it" don't stay here and argue. there is no joy in that and no point.

(that said, :hattipto @charlie for keeping the doors open here for people to study and learn. selfless service that.)

take ray, for example, he's now nearly 80 and spent a lifetime, studying, researching, writing about the same thing - essentially to expose the horrors of the culture he has lived his entire life in. he CHOSE nutrition and women's health because every other avenue available to him was BARRED by authority. if he had his druthers, he would have studied linguistics. he's a hero among heroes in my book. he works mostly alone. and, afaik, he's still nibbling away daily on thyroid to keep his metabolism humming along where he sees fit for it to be.

most people don't go farther back than hans selye but even he and his work were infected by authority; to protect his life he was forced to distance himself from koch who would not back down and was deported to brazil as a result. this is the reason ray quotes older studies - he painstakingly searches for studies still based upon the truthful thinking of that critical period of time. the remnants are there but they are not easy to find!

tarmandering! :lol:
and yes, you too, my friend; hope you are well & best of luck.
we can chat further offline if you like.

but not before some @Dan Wich Danwichism
i think was from when he was testing red light, not sure tho. heh

clipart-of-a-cartoon-red-haired-man-holding-a-lot-of-fireworks-by-ron-leishman-21784.jpg
Beautiful post, I think it should stay right here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals