PROGRESS REPORT FASTEST FAT LOSS EVER THANKS TO RAYYY

EIRE24

I'm sure sweating (or excessive sweating) can have a number of factors, but I think salt intake, heat (internal body heat or external), and thyroid status are the three biggest. I remember one time when I took too much T3, I was sweating quite a bit.

Another thing that I've noticed with sweat, is that it tends to smell really bad if you are loaded with iron. As I went through the process of lowering body iron stores, most of the smell would go away. Gym clothes used to be RANK when I was loaded with iron. Now, a if I have a shirt that gets really sweaty, it only smells a bit musty even days later.
What did you do to lower iron? Usual coffee and blood donations?

tankasnowgod

What did you do to lower iron? Usual coffee and blood donations?

Yep. Mostly, blood donation. I also used IP6 for a bit early on, but got off that pretty early. It seemed to be somewhat effective, but didn't like the idea of ingesting pure phytate. Also, tweaked my diet. Milk and eggs are both good in an iron lowering protocol, as not only are they low in iron, but have iron binding compounds (like lactoferrin), and milk is high in calcium, which blocks iron absorption.

EIRE24

Yep. Mostly, blood donation. I also used IP6 for a bit early on, but got off that pretty early. It seemed to be somewhat effective, but didn't like the idea of ingesting pure phytate. Also, tweaked my diet. Milk and eggs are both good in an iron lowering protocol, as not only are they low in iron, but have iron binding compounds (like lactoferrin), and milk is high in calcium, which blocks iron absorption.
Ah, I see. Do you eat oysters?

tankasnowgod

Ah, I see. Do you eat oysters?

I do. Iron is a lot lower now, in the near deficiency area, so I don't use the same aggressive techniques when it was really high. I do eat more iron rich foods now (more beef, liver, oysters), and still donate blood every few months, and monitor ferritin yearly or so.

tankasnowgod

Hey, I'm back from vacation, and on the first day of this type of diet. Similar to what Kreese outlined, No Starch, I'm dropping liquid milk (and cottage cheese for now), eating meat, eggs, cheese, fruits, honey, sugar. Reducing liquid intake, but still drinking OJ and Coffee. May do a cheat meal or two a week, using digestive enzymes if I do. I'll update any results here, or possibly start my own thread. I think I'll go back to tracking food too, that always seems to help regardless of diet plan.

sladerunner69

+1 VOS mentioned this in one of his threads as a method used by the US military.

Interesting to look at men's necks as a sign of androgen production.:thumbsup:

penn-jillette-before-after.jpg

Come on boys. That flabby neck is very common in people who lose a large amount of weight. It can take years for the underlying connective tissue in the skin to adjust, if it ever does at all. Perhaps eating more nutrients and collagen would hasten this process, sure. However, the neck flab doesn't mean he is less healthy than before and is not a sign he has less androgens than before. I would be willing to bet large sums of money that Penn now feels much better, sleeps better, has more energy, a brighter mood, than before. I just saw him on an episode of the grand tour and he appeared in great health, was sharp as a tack, articulate, and in a good mood. He actually seemed healthier than when I used to watch his B.S. series. He may be a bit more wrinkled in the "after photo" but these two photos are at least 10 years apart and he had lost serious weight.

theLaw

Come on boys. That flabby neck is very common in people who lose a large amount of weight. It can take years for the underlying connective tissue in the skin to adjust, if it ever does at all. Perhaps eating more nutrients and collagen would hasten this process, sure. However, the neck flab doesn't mean he is less healthy than before and is not a sign he has less androgens than before. I would be willing to bet large sums of money that Penn now feels much better, sleeps better, has more energy, a brighter mood, than before. I just saw him on an episode of the grand tour and he appeared in great health, was sharp as a tack, articulate, and in a good mood. He actually seemed healthier than when I used to watch his B.S. series. He may be a bit more wrinkled in the "after photo" but these two photos are at least 10 years apart and he had lost serious weight.

This post was not about his overall health, but we would need to agree on terms to actually debate this issue, or it would just quickly spiral into an argument. My post was only in reference to his neck size.

All of your points are sound, and Penn claims to feel better than when he was overweight.

Having said that, as a regular listener to his podcast, I can tell you that he has mentioned several health issues since losing the weight that he justifies as "part of the transition process after large weight loss" including hair loss, voice loss, and regular strong cravings for calorie-dense foods. It's tough to hear him describe how he measures a "spoon" of peanut butter eaten in the middle of the night, and think that his diet is healthy (think of how a child would define 1 spoon of ice cream).

Not to mention his unwavering loyalty to Ray Cronise and his nutritional ideas, which he has happily pummeled other guests with on his podcast (not an exaggeration).

Penn actually loves the idea of being part of a cult, and expresses this regularly on the podcast with the label "Cronuts".:cool:

tankasnowgod

I too am in the process of aggressively lowering iron, I hadn't noticed it would cause a strong foul body odour. I always linked PUFA with bad B.O.

I wouldn't doubt that both PUFA and excess iron could lead to bad BO. I think excess iron does it by stimulating bacteria growth. Maybe PUFA does the same. I know PUFA can go rancid really easily, so that could be an issue too.

Ulysses

Hey, I'm back from vacation, and on the first day of this type of diet. Similar to what Kreese outlined, No Starch, I'm dropping liquid milk (and cottage cheese for now), eating meat, eggs, cheese, fruits, honey, sugar. Reducing liquid intake, but still drinking OJ and Coffee. May do a cheat meal or two a week, using digestive enzymes if I do. I'll update any results here, or possibly start my own thread. I think I'll go back to tracking food too, that always seems to help regardless of diet plan.
Any updates?

Cirion

Apologize in advance if some of this has already been answered. I have just read the first page...

This is intriguing to me since I'm new to PEAT and having all sorts of problems, out of control appetite etc (almost 6000 calories the other day), with Very high carb (like Peat recommends).

Interesting that you decided to go 60% fat. What made you decide to do that? I notice someone noted "damage control" reasons. I have read enough of Peat to sort of understand, is it that saturated fats are essentially protective against PUFA and whatnot?

Also, when the liver is crappy, you need higher fat intakes (RP says this I believe), but interesting that you go 60% because I don't think RP advocates that much (not that I distrust you!) How many PUFA do you get on average? Do you go out of your way to avoid it or accept a little more than what RP would like (let's say around 10g a day? Which you'll easily get with a 60% fat diet)

Do you have around a 2:1 saturated to monounsaturated fat diet?

I think this is gonna be kinda how I need to eat. I come from a generally high fat background, and find that I thrive on it for satiety etc. I have done keto in the past. I think 30% fat is still not enough for me, to stay full and not get overweight.

Do you worry about the tryptophan in all the cheese, beef etc you need to eat to get the fat? You can have some damage control in this regard by having a table spoon or two of coconut oil per meal no doubt.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just ready to finally reach the right Peat way of eating for me too...

Sounds like it's put you in a good mood etc, is your libido etc good as well?

Cheers

tomisonbottom

Good morning from Dreary NYC today! we were hammered yesterday all day and night mix of rain snow and high winds...awful....But a funny thing happened last night which led to a kool revelation...My scale broke...it was an older not super expensive scale probably 8 years old. So I decided to throw it in the trash and not replace it!! It feels amazing and so freeing,,,I decided to no longer weigh myself daily and go deeper within and use my intuition. My gym has a fantastic high end scale that does pretty accurate body fat % so I will use that as a guide every 2 weeks or so. Wondering if anyone here can relate...? That feeling that you lost alot of weight but you have maybe 5 to 10 pounds to go so you always want to hop on and off the scale lollll Hilarious I know!! But THATS IT!!!! no more....I have increased exercise and am tweaking the diet but no more scale thumping:)
I feel I can tell by the mirror by my clothing by measurements and by what other around me are telling me! IM FREEEEEEEEEEE

How's it going for you now?

Luckytype

I'm sure sweating (or excessive sweating) can have a number of factors, but I think salt intake, heat (internal body heat or external), and thyroid status are the three biggest. I remember one time when I took too much T3, I was sweating quite a bit.

Another thing that I've noticed with sweat, is that it tends to smell really bad if you are loaded with iron. As I went through the process of lowering body iron stores, most of the smell would go away. Gym clothes used to be RANK when I was loaded with iron. Now, a if I have a shirt that gets really sweaty, it only smells a bit musty even days later.

Interesting you mentiones this. Lately my deodorant has failed me miserably. My under arm smell is wild like peppery or something.

What did your sweat smell like?

I dont eat a ton of iron rich food aside from liver and occasional red meat but something really has me thinking i may be loaded heavy with iron. Im not dead on certain but i suspect it.

Thinking out loud here would foul sweat mean the body is then clearing pufa? I have been low pufa for quite some time and while ive always had to rotate deodorant this time is on a different level

Last edited:

Glassy

Interesting you mentiones this. Lately my deodorant has failed me miserably. My under arm smell is wild like peppery or something.

What did your sweat smell like?

I dont eat a ton of iron rich food aside from liver and occasional red meat but something really has me thinking i may be loaded heavy with iron. Im not dead on certain but i suspect it.

Thinking out loud here would foul sweat mean the body is then clearing pufa? I have been low pufa for quite some time and while ive always had to rotate deodorant this time is on a different level

When I first stopped using antiperspirant deodorant I really smelled for a few weeks. It took me a little while of using the really strong smelling body sprays before I could switch to something more “natural”. I now make my own roll-on using water, Dead Sea salt (could probably use any salt or mag chloride), some essential oil (sandalwood or tea tree as it’s less feminine) and some guar gum powder to make it thicker (I know it’s not real peaty but I don’t eat it). You need very little guar gum (1/4 teaspoon for about 1 quart of deadodorant).

Heather Buckley

HEY YOU AWESOME FOLKS HERE!!! just wanted to post another progress report ...Thanks to this awesome forum and all the wisdom i have soaked up from you gals and guys here I have never had a faster fast loss in my near 50 years!! Increasing calories lots of sugar and saturated fat and my weight loss and FAT loss is just astounding!!! I take no supplements never have...I just eat till Im full. I have now dropped and continue to drop nearly 8 pounds in last 15 days all while increasing my cals and being very consistent!!! I know people struggle on here with weight /fat and I did as well but now that I have fine tuned I will easily hit 195 which is my goal by march....Today was 2 pounds down from yesterday!! Excited The ray peat non diet diet hehe is the best!!!!!
Chris Rocco nyc!
Inspiring!

Dad

This makes total sense to me. I've frequently told my wife that the healthier I try to eat, the absolute worse that I feel. As a kid, I lived on sugar. Koolaid, sweet tea, or even just a spoon of white cane sugar straight from the bag. I was as skinny as can be (although most kids were at that time). Now that I'm 40 and health problems have shown up, it hit me that both of my parents have wicked sweet tooths, and neither of them likes to eat much red meat (they like the taste; but they both say that it just doesn't agree with them). They're both skinny, full of energy and in great shape. No health issues, no pills. They eat sugar like crazy.

I'm all-in. What do I have to lose? I'm 6'4", weighing around 210 - 215 lbs. I'd like to get back to roughly 190, but more importantly, I'd like to have my high metabolism back (no doubt caused by perpetual roller coaster dieting for the past 15 years; seems like I'm always on a diet, gaining and losing the same 20-30 lbs). I've started to get cold hands/feet (that NEVER used to happen to me; I always radiated heat), my libido has dropped off severely, my energy levels are pretty blah, and I just want my that spark back that comes with having a high metabolism. I'm fairly sedentary (computer office job), and lift weights 3x a week.

So I'll start tomorrow morning. It's on like Donkey Kong.

Dad

Well this is Day #2 for me. I started the first day weighing 212.5 lbs. Today I weigh 210.8 lbs, and I ate 2,600 calories yesterday. So 1.7 lbs lost in my first day. Impressive! I'm blown away that I ate 2,600 calories and lost that much. I'm definitely curious to see how the weight loss continues.

A few things that I found: coconut oil is not for me. Makes me feel really weird. I've never been a fan of a lot of greasy, oily food, so cooking my food in a lot of butter or coconut oil doesn't agree with me. It's kind of like it gives me indigestion. I also can't eat large fat meals. I don't know why; I just never have been able to. They slow me down, make me feel heavy, and just an overall feeling of malaise. So I have to space the fat out over the day. It's incredibly filling, and all of that sugar gives me tons of energy.

Yesterday I had sugar, OJ, bacon, cheese, milk, tomato sauce, eggs, coconut oil, coke, chocolate, marshmallows, chocolate, bananas. Most of my fat came from cheese, milk, and eggs. I could've drank more milk, but why? I was stuffed, and didn't see the need to eat more. I wasn't dieting. I didn't feel hungry. I felt pleasantly full all day long. Only time I felt bad was when I ate too much coconut oil with my eggs

43% carb, 40% fat, 17% protein. There's no way I could've eaten another bite of fat. I tried eating a spoon of coconut oil and nope. What a nasty feeling! Just having a mouthful of oil, coating everything like that. Ugh. Not a pleasant feeling for me at all.

I think OP just might be onto something here. I definitely run on sugar. Eating "healthy" makes me feel like crap. High protein, high starch, medium fat = blech. It weighs me down. Drains my energy. Gives me indigestion. I can clearly remember as a kid just eating a spoonful of pure white cane sugar. It tastes great and would give me energy. I drank Koolaid and sweet tea (made with plenty of sugar) all day long. Rarely drank water, unless it was out of somebody's hose. Come to think of it, I drink maybe 2 glasses of water a day now. I'm peeing 4-5 times a day, not waking up a couple times to pee, I'm not peeing clear, I'm not having to carry around a water bottle all day long, and the dehydration symptoms have disappeared (pretty sure they were just electrolyte imbalances).

So far, so good! I'm really hoping this will let my body and metabolism heal, and if I drop this gut while I'm at it, then even better!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals