PROGRESS REPORT FASTEST FAT LOSS EVER THANKS TO RAYYY

OP
kreeese

kreeese

its coming... down to a 40 pant, 245lbs or so... a lot to go, but end goal is 36 pant (34 is lowest my body has ever been able to be at ~10% BF). Embracing a lot more exercise had sped things up... waiting to be a success like you before making a thread of my own :)
U rock!!! Well its interesting...I now have stalled weight wise at about 202 pounds but getting leaner...now doubt the 4 days of weight training...scale is no longer moving but honestly leaner...pants tight fitting shirts have totally loosened up etc. I know I would really start seeing my abs around 195 or so but thats 7 pounds to go so end of april is target!!

managing

U rock!!! Well its interesting...I now have stalled weight wise at about 202 pounds but getting leaner...now doubt the 4 days of weight training...scale is no longer moving but honestly leaner...pants tight fitting shirts have totally loosened up etc. I know I would really start seeing my abs around 195 or so but thats 7 pounds to go so end of april is target!!
Could the starches added be the reason for the stall?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Could the starches added be the reason for the stall?
That's what was wondering too. Seems like a few people around here over the years have noticed the starch/fat combo doesn't work so well as far as weight loss is concerned.

OP
kreeese

kreeese

no its been stalling just prior! But I feel more muscular and leaner..:)
That's what was wondering too. Seems like a few people around here over the years have noticed the starch/fat combo doesn't work so well as far as weight loss is concerned.
good point...Been lowering fat intake because raising carbs....No weight fat gain Thank God!! haha but the scale has stalled...But Gym time Blossom has increased now to 5 days
so who knows!

managing

good point...Been lowering fat intake because raising carbs....No weight fat gain Thank God!! haha but the scale has stalled...But Gym time Blossom has increased now to 5 days
so who knows!
My $.02 again: Hi fat/moderate carb/ no starch was what I thought made your "diet" unique and interesting. Not saying I am going to stop following, lol, but lowering fat and adding starch makes it less "interesting."

OTOH, if your stall out in weight loss is from muscle gain, that would be interesting.

And only time will really tell.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

so who knows!
Very good kreeese! I'm so happy for you. I'm not sure about my weight but I've lost 3/4 of an inch off my waist since I stopped using low fat dairy in favor of higher fat versions while also reducing my starch intake dramatically inspired by your thread. I've also been having some dark chocolate every day and rubbing cocoa butter on my skin as a moisturizer due to the recent steric acid/cocoa butter posts. Seems to be a nice combo. I've also actually felt like walking more so that's nice.

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Very good kreeese! I'm so happy for you. I'm not sure about my weight but I've lost 3/4 of an inch off my waist since I stopped using low fat dairy in favor of higher fat versions while also reducing my starch intake dramatically inspired by your thread. I've also been having some dark chocolate every day and rubbing cocoa butter on my skin as a moisturizer due to the recent steric acid/cocoa butter posts. Seems to be a nice combo. I've also actually felt like walking more so that's nice.
thats so awesome That my little posts here are helping you and others!! where do you live? Here in nyc finally things are warming up so every night I take a nice 25 block walk...love it!!

OP
kreeese

kreeese

My $.02 again: Hi fat/moderate carb/ no starch was what I thought made your "diet" unique and interesting. Not saying I am going to stop following, lol, but lowering fat and adding starch makes it less "interesting."

OTOH, if your stall out in weight loss is from muscle gain, that would be interesting.

And only time will really tell.
lolll dont wanna dissapoint you but Im in . no wayyy taking in high starch! just sprinkling some in But Im now onto something a little different.....I absolutely love tweaking and experimenting with the Ray metbolic foods and seeing what works...in truth Im eating potatoes pasta rice 2 to 3 times a week...I enjoy them....!

OP
kreeese

kreeese

wait!! whats this about rubbing cocoa butter??? explain!! hahaa

Ulysses

lolll dont wanna dissapoint you but Im in . no wayyy taking in high starch! just sprinkling some in But Im now onto something a little different.....I absolutely love tweaking and experimenting with the Ray metbolic foods and seeing what works...in truth Im eating potatoes pasta rice 2 to 3 times a week...I enjoy them....!
I recently added starch back into my diet, too, even though it's caused me problems in the past, and it seems to be working this time around, because I've been absolutely drowning it in coconut oil.

goodandevil

2%?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
thats so awesome That my little posts here are helping you and others!! where do you live? Here in nyc finally things are warming up so every night I take a nice 25 block walk...love it!!
I live in Indiana. It's warmer here too. Love it! I walked my dog for about 30 minutes before work today in the beautiful countryside on 65 acres of mostly wooded trails right outside my back door. I can't wait to have a garden this year! Feeling good and energetic makes everything better. Not a lot of people our age feel that great you know!

OP
kreeese

kreeese

I live in Indiana. It's warmer here too. Love it! I walked my dog for about 30 minutes before work today in the beautiful countryside on 65 acres of mostly wooded trails right outside my back door. I can't wait to have a garden this year! Feeling good and energetic makes everything better. Not a lot of people our age feel that great you know!
that is wonderful! wowwww Im jealous!

OP
kreeese

kreeese

I recently added starch back into my diet, too, even though it's caused me problems in the past, and it seems to be working this time around, because I've been absolutely drowning it in coconut oil.
very kool! it seems your weight bodyfat is in a good place...yes I also use a ton of coc. oil...its THE SECRET WEAPON

Blossom

Forum Supporter
that is wonderful! wowwww Im jealous!
I should mention that I'm not actually trying to lose weight (I lost 32 pounds over the last year). I mostly needed to tweak my diet to give me better sustained energy. I work 12 hour shifts so the changes have made it easier to get through work where it can be challenging to eat frequently. If my figure improves and I feel even better that's just a bonus in my book!

Katty

I should mention that I'm not actually trying to lose weight (I lost 32 pounds over the last year). I mostly needed to tweak my diet to give me better sustained energy. I work 12 hour shifts so the changes have made it easier to get through work where it can be challenging to eat frequently. If my figure improves and I feel even better that's just a bonus in my book!
Hey Blossom, I just did a forum search, but can't find anything... do you explain somewhere on the forum how you lost the weight?

OP
kreeese

kreeese

awesome...how did you lose that much! thats great

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hey Blossom, I just did a forum search, but can't find anything... do you explain somewhere on the forum how you lost the weight?
I didn't log anything about my weight loss. I didn't really try but I've been around here in Peatland 4 plus years so maybe the pufa depletion played a role. I had several positive life changes during the last year like getting rid of a lot of stress, moving to the country and I've had a more active job. So I didn't do anything special but I did track my nutrition on Cronometer when I noticed I was losing weight just to make sure I was covering all the basics.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Tarmander and I discussed a bit in his log about how we had come from a similar background, had been at this a similar amount of time and had both lost about the same amount of weight recently. We both came to Peat to improve other health issues not for weight loss. We were both under weight at one point and gained weight while restoring our health. I'm not under or over weight right now so as long as I feel good I think it's a good sign that my body is where it wants to be. The high cortisol signs I used to have resolved too.

thms

Hey Kreese , good to read you have such good progress

is starch a major component of your diet?

how much more fat do you have to loose?

all the best

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals