Oral Castor Oil experiment– bigger erections and stopping male pattern baldness? Surely too good to be true…

Mauritio

"Castor oil is deemed safe and tolerable, with strong anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-nociceptive, analgesic, antioxidant, wound healing and vaso-constrictive properties. Its main constituent, ricinoleic acid, has a bipolar molecular structure that promotes the formation of esters, amides and polymers. "
- Therapeutic potential of castor oil in managing blepharitis, meibomian gland dysfunction and dry eye - PubMed

Its not just anti-bacterial and antifungal, but also anti-viral:
"R. communis leaves possessed antiviral activity. Evaluation of the anti-replicative activity showed that all extracts possessed high anti-replicative activity against HAV..."
- Antiviral activity of castor oil plant (Ricinus communis) leaf extracts - PubMed

It increases grip strength (which correlates with Testosterone), running distance, lean mass, basal and especially maximal respiration,muscle anti-oxidants and it decreases fat mass, and MDA.
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9294160/
Screenshot 2024-01-12 17.27.26.png

In this study in rats it lowered testosterone and increased estrogen at and HED of about 6g per day of an extract, not the usual oil.
So to get to that level you might have to take a way higher dose of castor oil, but it indicates that there is a point diminishing results where it turns anti-androgenic.- Sci-Hub | Antifertility effects ofRicinus communis (Linn) on rats. Phytotherapy Research, 17(5), 508–511 | 10.1002/ptr.1308

Last edited:
OP
ddjd

ddjd

@Mauritio great info thanks for this.

Re the last study - I'm pretty sure the castor bean extract contains ricin - this is what can kill you! It's highly toxic. and also has shown to have contraceptive effects for women! There is of course no ricin in the castor oil

TucsonJJ

Did 2 X 15 drops today. No bad reaction.

I think a safe general dose is between 5-10 drops once a day
So... any hexane free, organic, cold-pressed in a dark glass bottle is fine for oral consumption? Any particular brand you prefer??

Mauritio

Re the last study - I'm pretty sure the castor bean extract contains ricin - this is what can kill you! It's highly toxic. and also has shown to have contraceptive effects for women! There is of course no ricin in the castor oil
They used the roots apparently:

"Preparation of the extract.
Roots of Ricinus communis were collected from Trivandrum and dried at 60 °C.10% of the dried material in 50% ethanol was refluxed at 65 °C for 1.5 h. After this it was filtered and evaporated to dryness at 65 °C."

Mauritio

I used 5 drops of it yesterday for the first time. What I noticed so far:
- Muscles looks fuller
- Less water retention (weighed 800g less than yesterday; probably mostly water loss)
- Mind feels calm and confident, it does feel like DHT somehow
- Less constipation, which is good for me
- Hair looks soft and full, but too early to make any comments other than that
- sinuses and nose are free for the first time in weeks

Sumbody

- Muscles looks fuller
- Less water retention (weighed 800g less than yesterday; probably mostly water loss)
What brand are you using?

Apologies if I missed that earlier in the thread.

hering

Mauritio

Smelly5

For me castor oil always helps my digestion and makes me feel calm.
However I'm very wary of it and unsure how safe it is.
It's supposed mechanism is via prostaglandins. The prostaglandin it works on is strongly associated with every type of cancer. Especially prostate cancer.
Could be wrong but anything that raises any prostaglandin is not 'peaty' ? right?

Mauritio

For me castor oil always helps my digestion and makes me feel calm.
However I'm very wary of it and unsure how safe it is.
It's supposed mechanism is via prostaglandins. The prostaglandin it works on is strongly associated with every type of cancer. Especially prostate cancer.
Could be wrong but anything that raises any prostaglandin is not 'peaty' ? right?
I thought so too. Anything that raises prostaglandins raises inflammation. However, the studies show an anti-inflammatory effect of castor oil.
Probably because there is other protective molecules in there besides ricinoleic acid ,which raises prostaglandins E2 , and they seem to cause an anti-inflammatory effect. In the study I posted above you see a decrease in MDA with castor oil.

So far a short to mid-term trial I would not worry, about it too much. But I'm not sure about long-term safety yet.

In terms of cancer, it seems to either have no pro-cancer effect or even be anti-cancer

"Ricinoleic Acid produced no neoplasms or hyperplasia in one mouse study and was not a tumor promoter in another mouse study, but did produce epidermal hyperplasia. Castor oil extract had a strong suppressive effect on S(180) body tumors and ARS ascites cancer in male Kunming mice. No dose-related reproductive toxicity was found in mice fed up to 10% castor oil for 13 weeks."
- Final report on the safety assessment of Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glyceryl Ricinoleate, Glyceryl Ricinoleate SE, Ricinoleic Acid, Potassium Ricinoleate, Sodium Ricinoleate, Zinc Ricinoleate, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Ethyl Ricinoleate, Glycol Ricinoleate, Isopropyl Ricinoleate, Methyl Ricinoleate, and Octyldodecyl Ricinoleate - PubMed

OP
ddjd

ddjd

- Muscles looks fuller
Wow great to have confirmation you're getting similar effects. Keep us updated.

Pablo Cruise

Ricin is left over after the Castor oil is extracted. Ricin is a poison, lethal and toxic. Castor oil is safe.

Pablo Cruise

What brand are you using?

Apologies if I missed that earlier in the thread.
I am suspicious of anyone that has immediate results, including use after 2 weeks. Hair does not respond in 2 weeks on anything and hair in the head is dead, it does not become thick and wonderful after 2 weeks but new hair does in12 weeks. Got to love immediate results. My rear end is much softer after using though....

Sumbody

I am suspicious of anyone that has immediate results, including use after 2 weeks. Hair does not respond in 2 weeks on anything and hair in the head is dead, it does not become thick and wonderful after 2 weeks but new hair does in12 weeks. Got to love immediate results. My rear end is much softer after using though....
+1

I am more curious here about it's supposed topical effect on the Jimmy.

Funny enough, there seems to be something to that after performing a brief search of anecdotal testimony across the web. 😝

Sumbody

I feel like the above article has some relevance in this thread.

"PGD2-induced expression of the androgen receptor"

And then maybe this one...

"Both PGE1 and PGE2 caused 2-fold increases in DHT synthesis by HGF and 3-fold increases in 4-androstenedione formation (n = 4, p < 0.001)."

Might atleast account for the effects on the Johnson. :P

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom