Is Too Many Supplements? Any Comments Appreciated

tara

Ok, that makes sense; I will cut back on the Energin. I was taking 40 drops two or three times per day in order to meet RP's recommended 100mg doses of niacinamide. I am leary of taking niacinamide as a stand alone due to the homocysteine raising effect. My theory was that the other B-vitamins in Energin would balance it out, the B6 in particular.
My hunch is that if you don't want to take too much niacinamide out of balance with other B-vits, you could get some benefit from smaller doses of - eg 50mg or maybe even half that - especially if you had a little several times a day. And the other B-vits too - smaller does, but several times a day.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Papaya, oranges and spinach and strawberries are good sources of folate, the rest easily adds up with other foods.
It's weird; I use cronometer and a kitchen scale to assure I get 100% RDA of all nutrients but even when I do achieve that, it doesn't show in my blood work. There's a missing link somewhere. Since the onset of severe gastritis, I gave up on cronometer. I can plan the perfect diet but getting it into my belly and making it stay there is another matter. It's getting better though thankfully.

An inclined treadmill is better than not exercising. Perhaps you can wear a hat with a fishing rod (thanks Fisherman) holding a picture of pboy, it's quite a stimuli.
Oooh, my friends will be jealous of my fashion!
As it happens, my man just bought himself one of those fancy treadmills with the incline, so the walking is doable.

You can try vit C fruit powder mixed in orange juice.
Will do!

Antimicrobials work better for acute infection, chronic infections are usually a result of some other impairment. At some point they start to contribute to the problem but they weren't the cause. In my opinion it makes more sense to strengthen the body first and introduce them later.
That first statement is golden. I hadn't thought about it that way. I lumped both types together and thought... kill, eradicate, destroy. This logic makes me more confident in forgoing the anti-microbials for now.

Potassium, niacin, and vit C is the therapeutic triad.
Potassium... I often forget about you. I don't think my NutriEval even tested this. I'll have to look into it. Thank you kindly.

1. Stop gluten harm - hopefully you've already stopped this. Have you managed to completely 100% eliminate all wheat and other sources of gluten, and for how long?
In full-blown coeliac disease, I gather it can take a while for the gut to fully recover once gluten is completely removed and then for other organs to recover once the gut is functioning better, and that you have to be completely rigorous about all possible sources of gluten contamination, and that that is not easy because it is quite pervasive - lurking in products that one would not expect, like instant coffee etc. Consider avoiding all other grains too for a while if you are not doing that - some may have other proteins that are related and challenging, even if not strictly gluten. Avoid gums (eg some of those in 'gluten-free' foods and dairy, eg guar, carrageenan)
Yes, I am still healing from the damage. I was misdiagnosed for several years with a 'sensitivity' so I wasn't purposefully avoiding cross contamination. Oh, and my parents are bakers so I'm sure I have lots of healing to do. Fortunately, my boyfriend's family is very understanding since his nephew has celiac too. It's such a relief to be able to hang with a family who understands and have someone who lives nearby to share info with.

2. Minerals. Vege broths? Gelatinous if they work for you? Potato juice cooked? Green juices? Even in very small quantities if large ones bother you? If oral Mg doesn't work, consider transdermal Mg oil or epsom salts?
I haven't retested since starting the Mgbicarb. Minerals are tough, juices and even the water from boiled greens, just a few sips gives me instant heartburn, even before the gastritis. So weird. I will try the potato juice.

3. Consider small amounts of vitamins. eg. fat solubles transdermally. B-vits transdermally if oral not ok. Maybe tiny amounts of B-vits B1, B2, niacinamide with every meal, maybe others. Need vit C in some form.
Vit-C is needed for healing. If ascorbic acid is not working, see if there are any high vit-C food s you tolerate, or ctry other forms? I don't know if this is verified, but in RBTI, for people who run too acidic to benefit from ascorbic acid, they recommend slow stewed onions (eg onion soup) to supply something like it.
Interesting, I'll look into that. I do get plenty of ascorbic acid, at least three times the RDA and on a regular basis, and yet my blood plasma indicates I am dangerously deficient.

4. Fuel in whatever form you can tolerate, as often as you can handle, preferably actual foods that bring minerals and vitamins. What foods can you actually eat? Different things work for different people - some can/can't tolerate starch/sugar/fat: clear apple juice, other ripe juices, stewed apples, white rice (or even the water it's cooked in). Potatoes boiled to mush, or just the water they've cooked in. Other well-cooked veges. Greasy meat. Butter. Honey?
I'm working on this. I have a little self-talk that I do, "food goes down, stays down" when eating, and "stomach is calmer and cooler with every step" when walking, over and over in my head. This probably sounds crazy but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Remember baking soda can neutralise stomach acid, so if you take it round meals it can interfere with digestion.
My hunch is that keeping things moving is the most important thing to limit endotoxin, and I think you are using cascara to ensure that?

I agree about watching out and not overdoing baking soda.
That's a lot if you were taking it regularly. Could have a significant effect on pH, both in the gut where it could affect digestion, and affect the ability of stomach acid to kill pathogens, and also in the whole system if it is not needing it. (I guess you're aware of the hazards of milk-alkali syndrome if supplementing lots of baking soda and calcium.)
Yes, after reading all the potential dangers I'm going to skip the straight up baking soda, and just take the little bit that's in Alka-seltzer to neutralize the salicylic acid of the aspirin (which I will take in conjunction with niacinamide to prevent a raise in Hcy). at least 20 min. before meals.

My hunch is that if you don't want to take too much niacinamide out of balance with other B-vits, you could get some benefit from smaller doses of - eg 50mg or maybe even half that - especially if you had a little several times a day. And the other B-vits too - smaller does, but several times a day.
This is a sensible approach.

Thank you so much @tara , these ideas and tips are immensely helpful.

Amazoniac

Very interesting overview and summary of vitamins and minerals. What do you think about energin doses taken topically, if orally you think 2-4 drops is a potentially good amount?
It was confusing without the bold words.

Unless you have a Rolling Stones tattoo and enjoy applying products there out of entertainment, the oral route should always be favored in my opinion. If you don't have a special reason to avoid ingesting them (such as malabsorption, feeding infection, etc), it's probably a disservice to avoid it.
Energin - Custom, Liquid Dietary Supplement With B Vitamins (the graphs there make a clear distinction)

The exception (in terms of nutrients) is perhaps vit D.

smith

dead animals into y0ur diet
You're just eating more dead plants (or killing them in the process) if you're vegan. Everything we consume including air is part of the cycle of life. Everything that lives, dies. To say you eat something dead is redundant, since eating anything, by proxy, kills it, unless it was never alive to begin with. But people eat life to live, that's the whole point of eating. Are all plants inherently dead to veganism?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom