Is Too Many Supplements? Any Comments Appreciated

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Perform a comprehensive stool test, but everything points towards candida overgrowth if you want my opinion.

I did get a stool test. No yeast was detected. However, it did indicate dysbiotic flora and a overgrowth infection of Alpha hemolytic strep. Also elevated IgA, low elastase, low lactoferrin, low calprotectin, low lysozyme. So this indicates irritable bowel disease, and autoimmune disease. Also low total SCFA's and Butyrate. The overgrowth infection is especially concerning i'd say. Hence, I wonder if I should be trying to eradicate it. Thanks you for sharing your thoughts. I wonder if I should get retested by another company just to be safe.

have you tried making gelatin with beef oxtail and not a broth with bones? the bones have lead in them and that leaks into the water, beef oxtail is the best with boiling only 3 or 4 hours.

what are u eating for zinc and how often? coke is a common one for red meat.

what is your source of B vitamins? maybe try brewers yeast, but you need to drink it with milk .

I did make some once. It was quite good. I can't get grass fed oxtail so I stopped making it. Maybe I'll check US Wellness Meats. That's freaky about the bones having lead!
I do enjoy a coke, pepsi, or ginger ale with my dinner meat meal. I'm going with that for now. Maybe I should up my Vit. C at lunch when I eat eggs.
What about glyphosate in sugar though? have you any thoughts on this? I wish there was organic Coke and Pepsi!

For zinc I try to eat cod, haddock, zero fat tongol tuna, or crab cakes every other day but my blood plasma Alkaline Phosphatase, indicates i am low despite. Brewer's yeast is too much B6, gives me nausea and headache (I've got nerve degeneration), can't do anything with dairy, gives me autoimmune flare up. If you are thinking.. damn this girl's a hot mess, you'd be right. Naa, I kid. I'm confident I can win this battle.

Broken man

Thank. I am posting the quote from the link below as most people may not have the patience to go through the entire script. It also emphasizes the role of excess iron in cancer and infections. Most people do not realize this but the purpose of fever in infection it to deplete serum iron and tryptophan (serotonin) as both are required for infection to persist. A drop in one or the other often resolves the infection rather quickly. That is why anti-serotonin drugs or tetracycline antibiotics (chelate iron) are so effective even in cases where no obvious mechanism of action exists or there is bacterial resistance to the antibiotic.
"...Georg Wondrak: Well we work with anti-malarials that are working through induction of oxidative stress. So, these are called artemisinins and it turns out that cancer cells are sensitive to the same mechanisms as malarial parasites being killed by these anti-malarial drugs. So, it’s about these drugs being able to induce oxidative stress. These are peroxides that can decay with the formation of free radicals and they find the targets, because the target is iron rich. Targets with a lot of free iron, such as malaria parasites or cancer cells that mishandle iron, they’re more sensitive to theses drugs. So it is sort of a common denominator that malaria parasites and cancer cells share."

Iron depletion and tryptophan restriction. Aspirin and vitamin E can deplete iron, and vitamin E has some string studies in helping control bacterial infections like pneumonia. Tryptophan restriction can be achieved by eating mostly gelatin for a week or two and adding BCAA to any non-gelatin protein you consume. Most bacteria infecting man depend on iron and tryptophan for living and reproduction.

There is no need for using leeches, although if someone is feeling up to it by all means go for it:):
To chelate iron you can use commonly available supplements like aspirin and thiamine (vitamin B1). I believe Ray Peat has written about aspirin lowering iron, and as far as thiamine is concerned just use Google or PubMed and search for "thiamine iron chelation" or "benfotiamine iron chelation" or "fursultiamine iron chelation". Of the three thiamines, the last one (also known TTFD) is what seems to work best since it has 2 sulphur atoms. However, I've seen studies saying the other thiamine analogs work as well. I am too tired to search for studies right now, but anyone interested can easily find them using Google and/or PubMed.
Incidentally, there are a LOT of studies on using thiamine for lead and/or aluminum chelation (lowering both metals Ray would recommend I think) and in fact it is approved as such chelator in some European countries.

I can't any advice on doing or not doing this functional doctor's advice but as far as chelation therapy she can save a lot of money by ingesting cheaper things that chelate. Amino acids, malic acid, fulvic acid, and even citric acid are decent chelating agents. I think even aspirin is a good chelator for things like iron and even lead. They may work over longer time period but every single one of these cheap substances has a track record as a chelating agent. So, protein from milk/cheese and apple juice could be a good and cheap chelation therapy that is also Peat-friendly.

I did get a stool test. No yeast was detected. However, it did indicate dysbiotic flora and a overgrowth infection of Alpha hemolytic strep. Also elevated IgA, low elastase, low lactoferrin, low calprotectin, low lysozyme. So this indicates irritable bowel disease, and autoimmune disease. Also low total SCFA's and Butyrate. The overgrowth infection is especially concerning i'd say. Hence, I wonder if I should be trying to eradicate it. Thanks you for sharing your thoughts. I wonder if I should get retested by another company just to be safe.

I did make some once. It was quite good. I can't get grass fed oxtail so I stopped making it. Maybe I'll check US Wellness Meats. That's freaky about the bones having lead!
I do enjoy a coke, pepsi, or ginger ale with my dinner meat meal. I'm going with that for now. Maybe I should up my Vit. C at lunch when I eat eggs.
What about glyphosate in sugar though? have you any thoughts on this? I wish there was organic Coke and Pepsi!

For zinc I try to eat cod, haddock, zero fat tongol tuna, or crab cakes every other day but my blood plasma Alkaline Phosphatase, indicates i am low despite. Brewer's yeast is too much B6, gives me nausea and headache (I've got nerve degeneration), can't do anything with dairy, gives me autoimmune flare up. If you are thinking.. damn this girl's a hot mess, you'd be right. Naa, I kid. I'm confident I can win this battle.

oxtail broth, takes 4 to 5 pounds of oxtail in a slow cooker, then u can eat the oxtails themselvs

plz reread this one... this is so important and overlooked.. yeah you are in a mess i can see that, but this cures auto immune conditions, it drastically decreases cortisol, it cures allergies, it is the food you eat when you cant eat anything else, but i mean, no B vitamins from liver or brewers yeast, you need B vitamins to utilize sugar and create glycogen, and then you are taking thyroid on top of this, o no, you will be all right, just make the broth and start checking off the boxes of each nutrient, you will be all right
Gelatin, stress, longevity

yeah theres additives or herbicides in food that is bad, but i mean, just go for organic then if you have to, but i dont think it is the reason for why you are having issues, your body should be able to handle it though

one other thing i wanted to add, glycine is important, your body will synthesize it, how can it do it if you are not getting enough of other stuff or have all these allergies, it is probably low, so consider that too, gelatin is high in glycine, so you are supplementing your body's needs when it is low on reserves

Last edited:

LUH 3417

oxtail broth, takes 4 to 5 pounds of oxtail in a slow cooker, then u can eat the oxtails themselvs

plz reread this one... this is so important and overlooked.. yeah you are in a mess i can see that, but this cures auto immune conditions, it drastically decreases cortisol, it cures allergies, it is the food you eat when you cant eat anything else, but i mean, no B vitamins from liver or brewers yeast, you need B vitamins to utilize sugar and create glycogen, and then you are taking thyroid on top of this, o no, you will be all right, just make the broth and start checking off the boxes of each nutrient, you will be all right
Gelatin, stress, longevity

yeah theres additives or herbicides in food that is bad, but i mean, just go for organic then if you have to, but i dont think it is the reason for why you are having issues, your body should be able to handle it though

one other thing i wanted to add, glycine is important, your body will synthesize it, how can it do it if you are not getting enough of other stuff or have all these allergies, it is probably low, so consider that too, gelatin is high in glycine, so you are supplementing your body's needs when it is low on reserves
i second the oxtail broth recommendation. it has been very good for me.

Madato

Are you sure the stool test was comprehensive?
A good one should cost you around USD400, not the one you get at the hospital for 50 bucks and obviously doesn’t detect ***t (no pun intended)

The IBS is caused by your parasite overgrowth, and the leakiness won’t heal until you get rid of the parasites

OP
Zpol

Zpol

More Oxtail soup it is then. I did find some grass fed oxtail at US Wellness meats. Not cheap, but I will do anything to get well. I didn't realize the importance of this element in healing. Thank you for @mayweatherking and @seraphim emphasizing this.

@Broken man , you are an amazing dispensary of golden @haidut quotes!
I have some artemisia which I plan to start taking again. Also, I do have very good Vit. E status, so I have that going for me too. I'm working on the tryptophan reduction, just started including BCAA's.
I have the benfotiamine, and regular thiamine, I'll have to research the others, but for now just add in the additional thiamine along with the Energin.

Are you sure the stool test was comprehensive?
A good one should cost you around USD400, not the one you get at the hospital for 50 bucks and obviously doesn’t detect ***t (no pun intended)

The IBS is caused by your parasite overgrowth, and the leakiness won’t heal until you get rid of the parasites

Yes, it was Doctor's Data Comprehensive stool test for a hefty $623.00. I concur the overgrowth needs to be dealt with. I've tried Rx Rifaxamin, Neem, Allicin, tannins, and Biotics Research A.D.P. Oregano Oil. None of them worked on this overgrowth infection. From what I've researched, it's likely that I'm dealing with a prokaryote called archaea, which is neither a parasite nor a bacteria, hence, none of these methods worked. It looks like the only thing that can eradicate it is either metronidazole (which is Rx only) or Squalamine. Neither has been researched for this specific purpose as far as I can tell but I've got to try something.

LUH 3417

More Oxtail soup it is then. I did find some grass fed oxtail at US Wellness meats. Not cheap, but I will do anything to get well. I didn't realize the importance of this element in healing. Thank you for @mayweatherking and @seraphim emphasizing this.

I have some artemisia which I plan to start taking again. Also, I do have very good Vit. E status, so I have that going for me too. I'm working on the tryptophan reduction, just started including BCAA's.
I have the benfotiamine, and regular thiamine, I'll have to research the others, but for now just add in the additional thiamine along with the Energin.

Yes, it was Doctor's Data Comprehensive stool test for a hefty $623.00. I concur the overgrowth needs to be dealt with. I've tried Rx Rifaxamin, Neem, Allicin, tannins, and Biotics Research A.D.P. Oregano Oil. None of them worked on this overgrowth infection. From what I've researched, it's likely that I'm dealing with a prokaryote called archaea, which is neither a parasite nor a bacteria, hence, none of these methods worked. It looks like the only thing that can eradicate it is either metronidazole (which is Rx only) or Squalamine. Neither has been researched for this specific purpose as far as I can tell but I've got to try something.
I hope it helps. making a big batch at once could be helpful too.

Sometimes after I cook and store one pot in the freezer, I add fresh water and vegetable scraps and let the bones cook until they fall apart. A few bones can go a long way.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

I hope it helps. making a big batch at once could be helpful too.

Sometimes after I cook and store one pot in the freezer, I add fresh water and vegetable scraps and let the bones cook until they fall apart. A few bones can go a long way.
Good to know. At $10.00 per pound I'm going to have to make the most out it.

Constatine

Be careful with baking soda. Put me in the hospital for some reason. I think it can make infections worse.

Madato

Go for Metrodinazole if you have to, but take all precautions to mitigate the die off reaction that will ensue.

Trust me, it’s not pleasant, and your liver will be overwhelmed, I’ve been on a Metrodinazole 2 weeks course and it was not pretty

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Go for Metrodinazole if you have to, but take all precautions to mitigate the die off reaction that will ensue.

Trust me, it’s not pleasant, and your liver will be overwhelmed, I’ve been on a Metrodinazole 2 weeks course and it was not pretty

I'm not sure I can convince my doc to prescribe it yet. What type infection did you use it to treat, if I may ask? Did the metronidazole cure it in one course?
I suppose I would plan to take D-Hist, and b-vitamins for the die off. I can't do charcoal, it's too constipating which I think would make matters worse. I thought baking soda would help but that may be too much for me.

How much were you taking? What were your symptoms? What did the hospital diagnose?
@Constatine I'm wondering this too?

Thank you @Broken man , these look like very helpful articles, I appreciate it!

theLaw

Not eating much, that's for sure. Blood sugar crashes are frequent.

I had a long list of sups that I used and saw no real improvement until I increased my calories, particularly from sat fat + carbs, and dropped the starch.

The most shocking part was the disappearance of a host of pretty nasty digestive issues, including an ulcer, almost immediately.

When you're starving, nothing seems to work.

You might consider that your brain is playing a trick on you by having you focus on the micro while ignoring the macro; a recipe for failure. Some people fall in love with the idea of getting well, but their brains have other plans.

Cheers!:D

johnwester130

only vitamin d
vitamin a in low doses
vitamin k2

magnesium oil

pregnenolone/progesterone

all as liquids, can be considered good supplements

everything else, cypro, aspirin, lisuride, methylene blue, b6 and b12, zinc/selenium are optional and not ideal

johnwester130

I had a long list of sups that I used and saw no real improvement until I increased my calories, particularly from sat fat + carbs, and dropped the starch.

The most shocking part was the disappearance of a host of pretty nasty digestive issues, including an ulcer, almost immediately.

When you're starving, nothing seems to work.

You might consider that your brain is playing a trick on you by having you focus on the micro while ignoring the macro; a recipe for failure. Some people fall in love with the idea of getting well, but their brains have other plans.

Cheers!:D

how do you increase carb intake without starch ?

LUH 3417

Sat fat + sugar. Fruit juice is another option, but the liquids can be an issue at the beginning for some people with slow metabolism.

I think the trick is to mimic the caloric density of starch and pufa (think Cheesecake/Ice cream) until your digestion improves to handle liquids.

PROGRESS REPORT FASTEST FAT LOSS EVER THANKS TO RAYYY
Also want to add if you live somewhere cold, you can always warm up the fruit juice. Cold liquids on weak digestion can “quell digestive fire”, and I find drinks like black cherry or pomegranate juice are very nice warm as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom