Is It Possible To Increase Your Intelligence?

Your final paragraph worries me,you are talking like a one of those inflicted with the iq meme spreading around academia(think Sam Harris)and red piller "intellectuals", what they do is use logic like you have done below,insert intelligence and IQ in the same sentence and make it seem like a metaphor or analogy of sort,(as in they are the identical) it's a subconscious little hoodwink,mental anchor you may not be aware of.

Let's try this as an example,Peat would say it's possible to improve peeing performance to get it all in the bowl and I'm almost certain he believes it's possible to increase ones intelligence.

"I'm guessing Peat would say it's possible to increase one's IQ and I'm almost certain he believes it's possible to increase one's intelligence".

I'm having difficulty understanding the above. Are you comparing getting a high score on an IQ test to peeing?

Drareg

Lol! I'm gonna assume you don't trust the data then.

You shouldn't either,I read through all this crap years ago,seeing it as "science" ,look at what they claim is evidence but more importantly look at their recommendations,if your Peaty you should speculate on their tissue saturation levels and how reality is flowing through them,their stream of consciousness they don't allow you to question,you must refute their long winded statistics and then question motives which thankfully is stating yo be done again,people react emotionally to Sam Harris types preaching IQ and race,alsorecat emotionally to neo Darwinists and this is what they profit on,they appear intelligent by refuting emotional arguments where people don't have time or a too lazy to go through the data,write a book about there is no God,who is you biggest market for it,atheists we think?no it's the religious folk desperate to refute it.
If you were to write a book on a religious prophet of any of the religions and claim said profit was homsexual you would make a fortune,safest bet is claim the Buddha was gay,they are Pacifist and can't react violently.

The same people pumping IQ and intelligence being a given the same gang being refuted here,take note of whack them over the head with statistics -http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1745-9125.12060/full
They are also the same crew being refuted here-https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14943700/Genes%2C%20behavior%2C%20and%20behavior%20genetics%201.pdf

Drareg

I'm having difficulty understanding the above. Are you comparing getting a high score on an IQ test to peeing?

Yes peeing and hitting the bowel tests "g" ,you can hardly deny this?
If you are hammered drunk you will score lower on an IQ test and you will not be as accurate with peeing and hitting the bowl.
If only major companies could see the "true" value of "pee testing" potential employees,for example would you give someone a job if they peed all over the back wall of you office toilet?

Don't forget the environment/nature/reality aspect of things,nature/reality will have meaning for humans ,we need to spread seed and nutrients into the soil,think urea, we may not be doing the right thing by filtering our own pee and drinking it again or just dumping it in the ocean relative to nature/realities perceptions.
A great test of intelligence is whether you would pee and poo in the right areas in the wild,obviously just being careless and peeing in the same corner of your hut or cave will allow bacteria to grow,think British cholera outbreak in late 1800 from dumping their poo and pee in a big tub in the basement and on the street,high IQ society right there.

You shouldn't either,I read through all this crap years ago,seeing it as "science" ,look at what they claim is evidence but more importantly look at their recommendations,if your Peaty you should speculate on their tissue saturation levels and how reality is flowing through them,their stream of consciousness they don't allow you to question,you must refute their long winded statistics and then question motives which thankfully is stating yo be done again,people react emotionally to Sam Harris types preaching IQ and race,alsorecat emotionally to neo Darwinists and this is what they profit on,they appear intelligent by refuting emotional arguments where people don't have time or a too lazy to go through the data,write a book about there is no God,who is you biggest market for it,atheists we think?no it's the religious folk desperate to refute it.
If you were to write a book on a religious prophet of any of the religions and claim said profit was homsexual you would make a fortune,safest bet is claim the Buddha was gay,they are Pacifist and can't react violently.

The same people pumping IQ and intelligence being a given the same gang being refuted here,take note of whack them over the head with statistics -http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1745-9125.12060/full
They are also the same crew being refuted here-https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14943700/Genes%2C%20behavior%2C%20and%20behavior%20genetics%201.pdf

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I do see them as slightly too authoritarian for my taste, but surely Sam Harris or Richard Dawkins are more open to changing their minds on IQ or another topic than, say, a Christian church minister or a Muslim fundamentalist or some other religious nut, right?

Yes peeing and hitting the bowel tests "g" ,you can hardly deny this?
If you are hammered drunk you will score lower on an IQ test and you will not be as accurate with peeing and hitting the bowl.
If only major companies could see the "true" value of "pee testing" potential employees,for example would you give someone a job if they peed all over the back wall of you office toilet?

Don't forget the environment/nature/reality aspect of things,nature/reality will have meaning for humans ,we need to spread seed and nutrients into the soil,think urea, we may not be doing the right thing by filtering our own pee and drinking it again or just dumping it in the ocean relative to nature/realities perceptions.
A great test of intelligence is whether you would pee and poo in the right areas in the wild,obviously just being careless and peeing in the same corner of your hut or cave will allow bacteria to grow,think British cholera outbreak in late 1800 from dumping their poo and pee in a big tub in the basement and on the street,high IQ society right there.

Are you saying intelligence boils down to base animalistic instincts?

Queequeg

@Drareg
I am not sure why there is so much animosity towards statistics and the scientific method. If you don't believe in statistics I am not sure why you would believe anything that Ray has to say because most of it is based on statistical correlations in research papers.

What studies do you have that contradict the many studies that show that the results of IQ tests correlate quite highly with life outcomes such as salary, happiness, lifespan etc

11 Uncomfortable Facts About How IQ Affects Your Life
http://www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/reprints/1997mainstream.pdf

Energizer

there is a growing body of meditation brain research, also Marion Diamonds research in rats showing the brain shrinks and expands according to stimulation. A thicker cortex from meditation alone illustrates how intelligence and inheritance are not indelibly fixed. I think it would be a good idea to focus on stimulating activities, painting, meditation, yoga, etc. overall I think meditation is probably the most powerful practice for helping one realize their best potential.

Last edited:

BibleBeliever

Can't say about increased intelligence, but for optimal brain efficiency, where memory is enhanced, verbiage and everything else:

Salt, coconut oil and dark chocolate.
Honey when no negative reactions occur has often given incredible mental enhancement.
Vitamin k2 in the format of mk4 at high dosages too.

HIIT training, can take away brain fog and make you feel like a supercomputer.
Cold showers can accomplish the same if done properly; they increase the need for sugars; as otherwise they can boost cortisol. Noting that cold water brings blood flow inwards, towards the organs, which is very beneficial.
(I know Ray Peat says cold causes stress; thus counter with ample glucose and salt)

Reducing fluoride would help bring out your brains full potential too. Iodine is anti-fluoride, so is taurine and boron.

It is dumbfounding how stupidity is the normative amongst so many. All their interests are revolved around mediocrity and vanity. It is difficult to converse with most as a result.
Living in the downtown of a city, so many speak in such odd fashions. Calling each other goofs and yelling like gangster trash. It's as if they speak before they think; that deep thought is beyond them and they solely act on instinct. Primal like animals. I wonder if fluoride build up has a large factor in this?
However there are many addicted to weed and booze, who constantly are in lesser states of mind, so they never exercise their mind for enhancement. Same with the tv zombies.

Can't say about increased intelligence, but for optimal brain efficiency, where memory is enhanced, verbiage and everything else:

Salt, coconut oil and dark chocolate.
Honey when no negative reactions occur has often given incredible mental enhancement.
Vitamin k2 in the format of mk4 at high dosages too.

HIIT training, can take away brain fog and make you feel like a supercomputer.
Cold showers can accomplish the same if done properly; they increase the need for sugars; as otherwise they can boost cortisol. Noting that cold water brings blood flow inwards, towards the organs, which is very beneficial.
(I know Ray Peat says cold causes stress; thus counter with ample glucose and salt)

Reducing fluoride would help bring out your brains full potential too. Iodine is anti-fluoride, so is taurine and boron.

It is dumbfounding how stupidity is the normative amongst so many. All their interests are revolved around mediocrity and vanity. It is difficult to converse with most as a result.
Living in the downtown of a city, so many speak in such odd fashions. Calling each other goofs and yelling like gangster trash. It's as if they speak before they think; that deep thought is beyond them and they solely act on instinct. Primal like animals. I wonder if fluoride build up has a large factor in this?
However there are many addicted to weed and booze, who constantly are in lesser states of mind, so they never exercise their mind for enhancement. Same with the tv zombies.

All good points.

How did we end up with so many stupids? I would blame bad genetics but with vaccinations and widespread flouride use combined with mass dumbing down via public education, one can't help but wonder if our policies are causing this low intelligence epidemic.

Travis

How did we end up with so many stupids?
I think television is mostly to blame.

baggywrinkle

to me is it intelligence we seek?
my experience is that emotional evolvement is what I seek, is this intelligence?
simply my understanding is that the web of denied emotions blocks our evolution
denied emotions live outside of us in others
by not expressing emotions the magnetic dumbs down the electric
this effects our intelligence

so what am I saying
weep
rage
fear
terror

these are in order of difficulty
when deep seated emotions are felt the healing is real
but like an onion we peel it back, and it takes decades
swinging between fear and terror normally

now my understanding is the so called negative emotions are no good for your health
this maybe so
but I feel the rewards outweigh it

do I feel more intelligent
yes

CoconutEffect

I'm smarter, sharper, and my verbal acuity goes way up when I'm hyomanic, Metergoline seems to be precipitating this in my rat and lets say, I'm not complaining about it ;)

Last edited:

Queequeg

All good points.

How did we end up with so many stupids? I would blame bad genetics but with vaccinations and widespread flouride use combined with mass dumbing down via public education, one can't help but wonder if our policies are causing this low intelligence epidemic.
lots of things like the ones you mentioned. I would add "smart" phones which lead to short attention spans, a constant state of distraction, and little need to ever memorize anything. It's funny how they often label things the exact opposite of what they actually do, much like "the affordable care act" and "the patriot act."

Drareg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I do see them as slightly too authoritarian for my taste, but surely Sam Harris or Richard Dawkins are more open to changing their minds on IQ or another topic than, say, a Christian church minister or a Muslim fundamentalist or some other religious nut, right?

Well I do see them as slightly too authoritarian for my taste, but surely Sam Harris or Richard Dawkins are more open to changing their minds on IQ or another topic than, say, a Christian church minister or a Muslim fundamentalist or some other religious nut, right?[/QUOTE]

Harris and Dawkins made a good living by not changing their minds,they are the equivalent of religious leaders you mention,the toxic kind that is. Dawkins goes around the world preaching/proselytising his views,he is a high priest of contemporary atheism. His actions as Sam Harris's are the same actions of cult like religious leaders.
If you think what Harris and Dawkins preach is less dangerous than the bastardisation of religious works by psychopaths how do you explain the far right extremism that use IQ and pseudo science to justify it's violent actions against minorities or those of different race,it's the same behaviour underlying both.

Research has moved so fast that these 2 and many more are left behind,the studies I linked for you are an example of the ignorance of views like Harris,these guys are speculators and conduct little to no research,a bit like psychologists who claim to have a lab,it's a fraud to maintain tenure and book sales.
The IQ cult are mainly psychologists looking to justify their own careers and purpose,they make an IQ test,as in the psychologists decided how they will put it together,basically many will score higher than someone who makes the test,this makes no sense,how can someone supposedly less intelligent test someone more intelligent,based on their logic of IQ being more accurate for intelligence than urinating as mentioned.

The bottom line is reality is far more complex and intertwined fo IQ or genes to provide the answers,people in tenure need to look like they are finding answers to get grants,the public in past just used God to justify everything,hilariously the IQ cult members mock this as being lazy and not wanting to think about "reality" yet said cult members use a multiple choice questionnaire and dna to justify eugenics,based on the mountain of research against their theories they are the equivalent of what they are mocking lol!

Harris and Dawkins made a good living by not changing their minds,they are the equivalent of religious leaders you mention,the toxic kind that is. Dawkins goes around the world preaching/proselytising his views,he is a high priest of contemporary atheism. His actions as Sam Harris's are the same actions of cult like religious leaders.
If you think what Harris and Dawkins preach is less dangerous than the bastardisation of religious works by psychopaths how do you explain the far right extremism that use IQ and pseudo science to justify it's violent actions against minorities or those of different race,it's the same behaviour underlying both.

Research has moved so fast that these 2 and many more are left behind,the studies I linked for you are an example of the ignorance of views like Harris,these guys are speculators and conduct little to no research,a bit like psychologists who claim to have a lab,it's a fraud to maintain tenure and book sales.
The IQ cult are mainly psychologists looking to justify their own careers and purpose,they make an IQ test,as in the psychologists decided how they will put it together,basically many will score higher than someone who makes the test,this makes no sense,how can someone supposedly less intelligent test someone more intelligent,based on their logic of IQ being more accurate for intelligence than urinating as mentioned.

The bottom line is reality is far more complex and intertwined fo IQ or genes to provide the answers,people in tenure need to look like they are finding answers to get grants,the public in past just used God to justify everything,hilariously the IQ cult members mock this as being lazy and not wanting to think about "reality" yet said cult members use a multiple choice questionnaire and dna to justify eugenics,based on the mountain of research against their theories they are the equivalent of what they are mocking lol!

This reminds me of the following paragraph from Peat's article Intelligence and Metabolism:

I.Q. testing originated in a historical setting in which its purpose was often to establish a claim of racial superiority, or to justify sterilization or “euthanasia,” or to exclude immigrants. More recently, the tests have been used to assign students to certain career paths. Because of their use by people in power to control others, the I.Q. tests have helped to create misunderstanding of the nature of intelligence. A person's “I.Q.” now has very strong associations with the ideology of schooling as a road to financial success, rather than to enrichment of a shared mental life.

What are your thoughts on Chris Langan? He might be the smartest man alive, yet he dropped out of high school and worked odd jobs for most of his life. Now, his grand theory of the universe gets ignored by academics. Is this an example of "just a high IQ" or is it real intelligence?

Drareg

@Drareg
I am not sure why there is so much animosity towards statistics and the scientific method. If you don't believe in statistics I am not sure why you would believe anything that Ray has to say because most of it is based on statistical correlations in research papers.

What studies do you have that contradict the many studies that show that the results of IQ tests correlate quite highly with life outcomes such as salary, happiness, lifespan etc

@Drareg

@Drareg

I'm not sure if you read the article I linked for you to Chaneys study,the business insider articles are exactly what he speaks of,idiots who don't understand what they are talking about nor do they keep up with research.
Chaney refutes all of this,the other study I linked shows as has been known for centuries how statistics is used more for fraud than what it should be,whenever someone has a weak theory stick it into statistical format to make it seem more legit,there is a multitude of current and historical articles/books highlighting this.

The mainstream scientists signatories are mainly psychologists ,they are not scientists,they are Palm readers,Freud was a cociane addict basically the paradigm they follow.
The psychologists need IQ to exist for guaranteed tenure and jobs in general,with the addition of heritable genes for intelligence this would guarantee their importance in the world,the reality however is that all of this is complete fraud,an example of another hoodwink in this paper is the second paragraph ,he defines intelligence based on his meaning and then claims this is the meaning of intelligence,this is the hoodwink,he then provides evidence for his made up world,a bit like some aspects of mathematics where they create the reality,the true reality is they have taken a tiny portion of it and claimed its more significant than it actually is,the same with dna.

Even ignoring his definition of intelligence or going along with it you have to show me how the high IQ of 130 are gifted? I asked already to show this,if this test was a test of intelligence relevant to reality we would be able to observe this with the high IQ actions,instead we get reports of dysfunction/Low energy/depression with nature/reality.
High IQ folk of 160 plus we have theses days are mainly theorists ,theorists are not significantly more intelligent but creating complexity with data and using this as authority until someone takes the time to refute it,the true nature of realty based off quantum physics tells us any theory will fly so those with high IQ who offer nothing more physical other than paper theories cannot be seen as intelligent relative to the physical reality/nature. It's low energy behvaior but you can see how academia and the rule of high iq would allow those to become modern kings and queens who dictate what society should do while doing no physical work themselves.

The problem with emotional arguments from those in power or tenure against the bell curve is they will never argue the point like we would on here,an example is a doctor within a medical establishment requires certain IQ and even those against the bell curve view will few doctors as intellectual or above the norm in society ,what we see on here is iatrogenics off the charts and outright poisoning of people as not being intelligent,also regurgitaing from memory or regurgitating the authoritarian system and using words to cover actions of actual harm to other human beings ,solicitors/lawyers maintain a toxic system,the list goes on but the majority in said careers are oblivious to this behaviour.
To pull IQ cult curtain down you have to see iq correlates with what current human culture says is intelligent while all the while said high IQ types don't achieve anything worth noting,we can see how doctors were viewed 40 years ago as highly intelligent and should be respected ,compared to now where they are seen as quoting from memory and killing more people than curing.
We also see high functioning autism with high IQs who can't function outside a narrow domain and generally achieve nothing.

IQ of human is increasing over time and you mentioned you believe people are being dumbed down,this isn't the case according to IQ.......... We could say people are less inclined to act more in the physical,I understand using the brain is physical but nature/reality gave the body for a reason I'm sure.

Drareg

This reminds me of the following paragraph from Peat's article Intelligence and Metabolism:

I.Q. testing originated in a historical setting in which its purpose was often to establish a claim of racial superiority, or to justify sterilization or “euthanasia,” or to exclude immigrants. More recently, the tests have been used to assign students to certain career paths. Because of their use by people in power to control others, the I.Q. tests have helped to create misunderstanding of the nature of intelligence. A person's “I.Q.” now has very strong associations with the ideology of schooling as a road to financial success, rather than to enrichment of a shared mental life.

What are your thoughts on Chris Langan? He might be the smartest man alive, yet he dropped out of high school and worked odd jobs for most of his life. Now, his grand theory of the universe gets ignored by academics. Is this an example of "just a high IQ" or is it real intelligence?

His theory is very interesting but it's based on others work also,important not to forget that,the reality is you will find someone who scored high on an IQ test who does well in life but you will also find a guy with an iq of 85 who can barely speak his native language but created a hot sauce that made him a millionaire or just trades human items of interest ,this is financial success by low IQ types and an exception,you cannot ignore the exceptions,the other exceptions are the high functioning autistic who score high on IQ test but do nothing in general.

Keep in mind with Langan if according to the IQ theory being accurate for overall intelligence ,above 130 being genius then Langans score should allow him the capacity to bypass those in power and get his theory established and not be stuck on the sidelines,further more he should not have to work a job that pays 400 dollars per week for very longs as once he saves a little he should be making a living from trading stocks and just human trade in general as mentioned. In fact he should have observed these patterns from a young age and part time work while in school would have started him saving even earlier.
The excuse of high IQ types not chasing money as they see reality at a more deeper level and don't see the point is not intelligent,current world systems require money to do anything so even with the intelligence to understand the system is corrupt as balls with an IQ of that score you would still game the system to get yourself out of said system,wouldn't you agree? Use said money to do highly intelligence things like research that could infleucne reality at a fundamental level.
All Mensa people of 130 plus should be financially secure,are they?

What about those who score low on an IQ test as a kid but speaks his native Spanish but also English?

Energizer

Chris Langan is far from the smartest man alive, he might have a high IQ, but that apparently wasn't enough because he spends a good deal of his energy trying to justify creationism as if it's an actual scientific theory with sophistry. All the arrogance and nothing to show for it.

Last edited:

Travis

Chris Langan is far from the smartest man alive...
I agree. Just saying that you "believe in Heaven" is an automatic deduction of 50 IQ points.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals