Is It Possible To Increase Your Intelligence?

Sorry results on IQ tests are highly correlated with objective measures of success in life. You don't hear about great achievements from Mensa members because great achievements in life are very rare. Therefore one can expect that the proportion of members in Mensa achieving greatness are also rare. Moreover Mensa is not that large of a group, around 130,000 members. However I would bet that they earn more on average than the average population. But more importantly people who do achieve greatness tend to have higher than average intelligence.

This is all true and fascinating. There's no doubt that IQ scores predict life outcomes far better than any other variable we currently know.

But whether IQ can be environmentally influenced and/or whether genes can be influenced is yet to be determined for certain. The evidence suggests it's unlikely, but unlikely doesn't mean impossible.

Hazarlar

Practising inverted yoga positsions will make your brain work better - sirsasana; sarvangasana is said to be good to thyroid gland ...

By the way, I started to play chess 3 years ago and now i am more intelligent ...

But I learned that intelligence is task-specific. If you are good at chess, it doesn't mean that you are automatically good at go or checkers, although being proficient in some general pattern recognition system like chess or programming makes some "grooves" to the brain which may make other task-specific actions like understanding difficult book, easier.

---

It's similar also in the physical, that is in muscle realm. Being good at deadlift, doesn't mean that you are good at snatch. And I have seen top weightlifters to struggle with kettlebells and gymnastics.

Yoga has some quality about it that does make you more intelligent. I believe yoga somehow gets your body to "fire faster" in terms of your nerves and wakes up your whole nervous system in general.

Hazarlar

Yoga has some quality about it that does make you more intelligent. I believe yoga somehow gets your body to "fire faster" in terms of your nerves and wakes up your whole nervous system in general.
Digestive power is very important in both yoga and taoism. Yoga has lot of exercises with diaphragm for increasing it and in taoism it is very important to gather saliva for that purpose.

---

It is strange that they want to digest fast and efficiently but at the same time practice restrictions in eating that may slow metabolism... Yogis have really been reported to be in near-hibernation state, considering heart rate and breathing ... That was a observation in early 20th century.

Last edited:

lampofred

High CO2, high progesterone/pregnenolone, low PUFA, regular intake of high quality nutrient dense food, everything Peat recommends increases intelligence. Be careful with refined sugar though. Peat warns about this but I took his Coke recommendation too readily and screwed myself temporarily...

Constantly increasing your intelligence is the point of human life. We're supposed to get smarter till we're dead. Remember how when you're a kid, when you look back on how you acted/spoke/wrote a year ago, you would cringe? That's a sign of mental growth. Whenever that stops happening is when you've started stagnating deteriorating and dying. At that point immediately put everything you've got into improving your health/learning something new/studying.

Drareg

Sorry results on IQ tests are highly correlated with objective measures of success in life. You don't hear about great achievements from Mensa members because great achievements in life are very rare. Therefore one can expect that the proportion of members in Mensa achieving greatness are also rare. Moreover Mensa is not that large of a group, around 130,000 members. However I would bet that they earn more on average than the average population. But more importantly people who do achieve greatness tend to have higher than average intelligence.

Keep in mind I don't deny human intelligence,it's using iq as measure,imo iq tests psychosis and obedience to authority,the Mensa members will be largely in obedient jobs.
You could definitely correlate that amount of Mensa members,they should as a group have done something significant within their community,it's doesn't have to be a cancer cure,also when the iq cult criticise cultures of low IQ and correlate successful or lack of community outcomes,based on this logic they highlight how as a community iq has significant effects on outcomes of said community yet nothing from a community of 130,000 Mensa members all with IQs in the range of "can do anything in life".
It's the elephant in the room.

Within the first minute Harris is making claims from his and the authoritarian paradigm,his claim of people don't want to hear their are differing intelligences is a straw man,humans know well their a differing levels of intelligence there big Sam it's the iq being the authoritarians tool to test it the issue ,he then goes on like a good obedient authoritarian to claim iq is correlated with out of wedlock birth,out of wedlock birth is an issue only for those in power relative to how they can chain you,your partner and kids into a tax system.
His claim of being a few standard deviations above in intelligence didn't get you much in the past when you were just ploughing fields of your neighbours but now you can start a software company or hedge fund and this leads to astonishing wealth and EQUALITY ! Did I hear this correctly or was it inequality ?
iq cult believers always start with statements like his opening first 2 minutes,similar style to new Darwinists,other lines like "I know I'm preaching to the converted" pop up also.
Keep in mind too that high iq can decrease over time,it's yours to lose they say,they don't talk about this a lot because it's a cult.
It's also been shown that high estrogen,alcohol and more will effect iq scores,all this points in a metabolic direction that these idiots barely touch on. "G" woo woo is metabolism imo relevant to urninating and hitting the bowel,as mentioned before in another thread alcohol effects said outcome.
If humans lifespan increases where does this leave the Flynn effect for individual iq results?

"For better or worse these are all facts" he talks about genes and iq as facts,these are not facts,ask Sam about GWAS -https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14943700/Genes%2C%20behavior%2C%20and%20behavior%20genetics%201.pdf
Interestingly he is another child of divorced parents,it seems many on the iq cult paradigm have divorced parents,Richard Lynn also for example. This is relevant to try grasp the drives of guys like this and the words they use with claims of facts and being objective,they are far from it.

We haven't tested everyone with perceived success in life,as prosper mentioned how you define success is relevant,when we claim "objective success" we first have to ask how we define said success in societies with strong leanings to authoritarianism and psychopathology.

The regression to "g" is another hoodwink from the iq cult believers,general intelligence is tested by everything,they used to test intelligence by observing somebody do work in a daily basis,making tea etc before iq.

Humans believe border collies are the most intelligent breed of dogs, humans project this onto the reality of a border collies behaviour,the more obedient the more intelligent we believe. Doggy IQ it's called!
When a dog of lesser intelligence comes along like a bulldog we say it's less intelligent because it's not as obedient.
If we look more closely at the situation and ask what a bulldog might think of a border collie running around expending energy for humans,jumping over fences on command ,running around in circles and standing on its hind legs on command etc, the bulldog can do all of this but he can't be bothered on command because he probably thinks what's the point?
Is there some food on the table mr bulldog says then I will get up on my hind legs for sure! But why expend energy when a human gives you all you need,the bulldog has a better grasp of reality it seems,I'm a dog,I like to play which all of them do,he like to eat,have sex,pee and poo,smell etc
Why become a slave like the border collie and herd sheep all day that you can't eat? Bulldog thinks the border collie is an idiot.
I was always curious to test serotonin levels in border collies and human labeled more intelligent dogs compared to less intelligent dogs,collies and other "intelligent" dogs can seem demented at times.
(Maybe I should start a separate thread on doggie intelligence?)

Drareg

This is all true and fascinating. There's no doubt that IQ scores predict life outcomes far better than any other variable we currently know.

But whether IQ can be environmentally influenced and/or whether genes can be influenced is yet to be determined for certain. The evidence suggests it's unlikely, but unlikely doesn't mean impossible.

I like how use the terms "true" and "variable" for something you just believe because it's easy to understand,Human life outcomes are clearly influenced by far more than a multiple choice questionnaire.
It's clear as day iq will be effected by environment,nobody disputes this as "reality" is considered the "environment",reality/environment is where a piece of paper with multiple choice questions takes place.

There are far better measures for life outcomes than iq tests like womb environment,for example if your born with no legs or arms but have high IQ what do think life outcome might be in said situation ?say then we have to little boys born this way but living in different parts of the world,the high IQ kid lives in the a third world country and the low IQ boy lives in USA ,who has the potential better life outcome?
These topics however are for grown ups while,the IQ debate is for "intellectual" red piller boys and girls mainly from divorced parents and unmet life expectations who can't get over it or psychologist going nowhere in tenure who craves fame and money anyway they can,controversy sells!

Drareg

It was "inequality."
Thanks.
Thought so,it was such are ridiculous and pointless ramble I thought he was stupid enough to say equality.
Someone should tell him There was plenty of inequality back in field ploughing days big Sam.

I like how use the terms "true" and "variable" for something you just believe because it's easy to understand,Human life outcomes are clearly influenced by far more than a multiple choice questionnaire.
It's clear as day iq will be effected by environment,nobody disputes this as "reality" is considered the "environment",reality/environment is where a piece of paper with multiple choice questions takes place.

There are far better measures for life outcomes than iq tests like womb environment,for example if your born with no legs or arms but have high IQ what do think life outcome might be in said situation ?say then we have to little boys born this way but living in different parts of the world,the high IQ kid lives in the a third world country and the low IQ boy lives in USA ,who has the potential better life outcome?
These topics however are for grown ups while,the IQ debate is for "intellectual" red piller boys and girls mainly from divorced parents and unmet life expectations who can't get over it or psychologist going nowhere in tenure who craves fame and money anyway they can,controversy sells!

Well it's undeniably 100% true that we currently don't have a better predictor of certain quantifiable life outcomes (income, lifespan, etc.) than IQ. That is an indisputable mathematical fact.

It's worth noting, however, that these life outcomes merely correlate with--and do not necessarily cause--lasting happiness/well-being. And so IQ is not the be-all and end-all.

Womb environment might be more important but we can't measure it with the same precision as IQ.

DaveFoster

High CO2, high progesterone/pregnenolone, low PUFA, regular intake of high quality nutrient dense food
These are important, particularly progesterone.

Dr. Peat's "Progesterone in Orthomolecular Medicine" is worth a read.

Drareg

Well it's undeniably 100% true that we currently don't have a better predictor of certain quantifiable life outcomes (income, lifespan, etc.) than IQ. That is an indisputable mathematical fact.

It's worth noting, however, that these life outcomes merely correlate with--and do not necessarily cause--lasting happiness/well-being. And so IQ is not the be-all end-all.

Womb environment might be more important but we can't measure it the same precision as IQ.

It is not a 100% undisputable fact, you have to define in depth what you claim a quantifiable life outcome is,income and life span correlate together, which by western perceptions and obedience to an authoritarian society clouds the topic more.
A bacteria that grew on the side of a Petri dish is what extended lifespan for the most part along with most other significant finds,the wheel always was,the best creations are already present in nature/reality and have no inventor but nature/reality itself it seems. A guy with high IQ didn't make the bacteria,some guy found it "growing" out through his actions and experience,his actions on this occasion were laziness lol!
An idiot could have found it if somebody else didn't,and how do we know it wasn't found in the past ?(penicillin)
I will guarantee you urinating and hitting the bowl correlates to everything you claim IQ does.
Correlates are not 100% indisputable facts,your using hyperbole similar to Sam Harris and other neo Darwinists who attempt to define the paradigm,this is classic cult bevahior you are falling for.
Mathematics is created by humans,specifically statistics and correlates are fake maths,maths for fools.

What you claim about life outcomes is based on western definitions mainly,by this logic high iq types should be able to influence society as a whole and this should provide "happiness" nature gives happiness when human does something coherent with nature it seems,the feelings and underlying drives derived from human structure and flesh are built within reality/nature.
Why with the above in mind do we have so much unhappiness with high iq people and high iq societies,the cultures in lower east Asia have high suicide rates and a multitude more. My point is if high iq was a true test of intelligence(the thing we can't fully define present in reality/nature) why would it make people unhappy?
Mensa folk with IQ of 130 should be able to make themselves happy as happiness is a property of nature humans desire an abundance of.

We can absolutely measure womb environment more precisely than IQ ,Iq can't measure intelligence precisely as we can't define intelligence! It's like trying to measure an invisible box and getting enough support from people to shout down those who claim the emperor has no box!

All you give me is higher iq correlates with obedience to authoritarian societies. High serotonin should increase iq with this logic.

It is not a 100% undisputable fact, you have to define in depth what you claim a quantifiable life outcome is,income and life span correlate together, which by western perceptions and obedience to an authoritarian society clouds the topic more.
A bacteria that grew on the side of a Petri dish is what extended lifespan for the most part along with most other significant finds,the wheel always was,the best creations are already present in nature/reality and have no inventor but nature/reality itself it seems. A guy with high IQ didn't make the bacteria,some guy found it "growing" out through his actions and experience,his actions on this occasion were laziness lol!
An idiot could have found it if somebody else didn't,and how do we know it wasn't found in the past ?(penicillin)
I will guarantee you urinating and hitting the bowl correlates to everything you claim IQ does.
Correlates are not 100% indisputable facts,your using hyperbole similar to Sam Harris and other neo Darwinists who attempt to define the paradigm,this is classic cult bevahior you are falling for.
Mathematics is created by humans,specifically statistics and correlates are fake maths,maths for fools.

It's not foolish to use statistics as long as one realizes the inherent limitations involved. Statistical analysis is extraordinarily powerful.

What you claim about life outcomes is based on western definitions mainly,by this logic high iq types should be able to influence society as a whole and this should provide "happiness" nature gives happiness when human does something coherent with nature it seems,the feelings and underlying drives derived from human structure and flesh are built within reality/nature.
Why with the above in mind do we have so much unhappiness with high iq people and high iq societies,the cultures in lower east Asia have high suicide rates and a multitude more. My point is if high iq was a true test of intelligence(the thing we can't fully define present in reality/nature) why would it make people unhappy?
Mensa folk with IQ of 130 should be able to make themselves happy as happiness is a property of nature humans desire an abundance of.

We can absolutely measure womb environment more precisely than IQ ,Iq can't measure intelligence precisely as we can't define intelligence! It's like trying to measure an invisible box and getting enough support from people to shout down those who claim the emperor has no box!

All you give me is higher iq correlates with obedience to authoritarian societies. High serotonin should increase iq with this logic.

We're in agreement that a high IQ can have its downsides.

We can't measure intelligence but we can measure IQ, and the number we get matters in terms of expected incomes and expected lifespans (unless you simply don't believe the data).

I'm guessing Peat would say it's possible to increase one's IQ and I'm almost certain he believes it's possible to increase one's intelligence.

Travis

Does serotonin lower your body temperature?
Serotonin can increase brain temperature, by increasing vascular tone. This is not so straightforward though, because it depends on the ambient temperature as well.

I read a study where serotonin antagonists prevented heat stroke in rats.
Ipsapirone and ketanserin protects against circulatory shock, intracranial hypertension, and cerebral ischemia during heatstroke

And while searching for that, I found another one called: Brain Serotonin Depletion Attenuates Heatstroke-Induced Cerebral Ischemia and Cell Death in Rats.

Serotonin is more effective at constricting blood vessels than norepinephrine in certain areas. There are more serotonin receptors in the brain and inner carotid artery than elsewhere, but serotonin syndrome is capable of increasing systemic blood pressure.

This is a direct effect. Resected arteries constrict with the the application of serotonin in vitro.

Drareg

It's not foolish to use statistics as long as one realizes the inherent limitations involved. Statistical analysis is extraordinarily powerful.

We can't measure intelligence but we can measure IQ, and the number we get matters in terms of expected incomes and expected lifespans (unless you simply don't believe the data).

I'm guessing Peat would say it's possible to increase one's IQ and I'm almost certain he believes it's possible to increase one's intelligence.

Statistical analysis and correlations relative to "genes" and majority of intelligence studies is fraud,it's the equivalent of palm reading,astrology.

We are not in agreement on high IQ having downsides ,my opinions on high iq were speculations and mainly mocking of it,I mentioned general intelligence they call "g" is their creation of a woo woo to maintain an authority over something they can't define.
Real Intelligence should correlate with lower serotonin overall, correlate how you will.
High functioning autistics have scored very high in IQ tests,they also potentially have high serotonin,however looking closer we will find differing tissue levels in different areas adding further complexity.

Your dodging points I'm making and hiding behind an authority when you use the term "data" ,I asked you who defines this data,the hyperbole your using and terms your using like facts,100% true is the same nonsense the racist nazis used for genetic superiority of races and the equivalent of what is been done in contemporary times,it's propaganda your falling for.

Millions are unhappy in the high IQ life outcomes you mention,this makes no sense relative to the natural world,said societies of higher IQ are slowly poisoning themselves for lack of coherency with reality/nature,high IQ societies will wipe themselves out before the indigenous tribes of a jungle will,lol.

Statistical analysis and correlations relative to "genes" and majority of intelligence studies is fraud,it's the equivalent of palm reading,astrology.

We are not in agreement on high IQ having downsides ,my opinions on high iq were speculations and mainly mocking of it,I mentioned general intelligence they call "g" is their creation of a woo woo to maintain an authority over something they can't define.
Real Intelligence should correlate with lower serotonin overall, correlate how you will.
High functioning autistics have scored very high in IQ tests,they also potentially have high serotonin,however looking closer we will find differing tissue levels in different areas adding further complexity.

Your dodging points I'm making and hiding behind an authority when you use the term "data" ,I asked you who defines this data,the hyperbole your using and terms your using like facts,100% true is the same nonsense the racist nazis used for genetic superiority of races and the equivalent of what is been done in contemporary times,it's propaganda your falling for.

Millions are unhappy in the high IQ life outcomes you mention,this makes no sense relative to the natural world,said societies of higher IQ are slowly poisoning themselves for lack of coherency with reality/nature,high IQ societies will wipe themselves out before the indigenous tribes of a jungle will,lol.

Lol! I'm gonna assume you don't trust the data then.

Drareg

Your final paragraph worries me,you are talking like a one of those inflicted with the iq meme spreading around academia(think Sam Harris)and red piller "intellectuals", what they do is use logic like you have done below,insert intelligence and IQ in the same sentence and make it seem like a metaphor or analogy of sort,(as in they are the identical) it's a subconscious little hoodwink,mental anchor you may not be aware of.

Let's try this as an example,Peat would say it's possible to improve peeing performance to get it all in the bowl and I'm almost certain he believes it's possible to increase ones intelligence.

"I'm guessing Peat would say it's possible to increase one's IQ and I'm almost certain he believes it's possible to increase one's intelligence".

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals