If Calcification Is The Root Of Hair Loss - How To Reverse It? (Magnesium , D, A, K2, Potassium)

JDreamer

After staying up on this thread - I realize just how messed up my system has gotten over the years.

- Depressed and abused masturbation through much of my early teens and on into my early twenties
- Had my first panic attack at 20
- Over consumed milk until my mid 20's when I finally gave it up completely
- Was stressed out all through my mid 20's and early 30's from financial problems and work
- Became extremely ill in 2006 on a work trip when an oral infection in my gumline presumably went blood born (only thing that could explain how sick I got)
- My gut/digestion was never the same after the antibiotics I took for that infection (i.e. bloating/burping)
- My workouts started getting more ambitious in my 30's, but I believe my caloric/carb intake hasn't met the requirements for the amount of protein I've been consuming .... in fact I tried the no/low card thing for a year as well as no sugar.

I mean seriously my body/hormones must be all screwed up from this. I'm clearly producing too much cortisol and judging by the strange lower ab fat I have (compared to the rest of my athletic body) there's elevated estrogen. I'm sure all that masturbation in my younger years leached important vitamins/minerals from my body - not to mention kicked up the estrogen/prolactin axis. Endotoxins? My gut is all messed up (poor stools/bloating). While my serum testosterone (the last time it was measured) was at the low end of the range - I'm sure my work outs have bumped up some of that T which inevitably gets aromatized into E.

Just not a pretty picture. No wonder my hair was already receding when I was in my mid 20's, then the diffused hair loss started in my 30's.

Arrade

After staying up on this thread - I realize just how messed up my system has gotten over the years.

- Depressed and abused masturbation through much of my early teens and on into my early twenties
- Had my first panic attack at 20
- Over consumed milk until my mid 20's when I finally gave it up completely
- Was stressed out all through my mid 20's and early 30's from financial problems and work
- Became extremely ill in 2006 on a work trip when an oral infection in my gumline presumably went blood born (only thing that could explain how sick I got)
- My gut/digestion was never the same after the antibiotics I took for that infection (i.e. bloating/burping)
- My workouts started getting more ambitious in my 30's, but I believe my caloric/carb intake hasn't met the requirements for the amount of protein I've been consuming .... in fact I tried the no/low card thing for a year as well as no sugar.

I mean seriously my body/hormones must be all screwed up from this. I'm clearly producing too much cortisol and judging by the strange lower ab fat I have (compared to the rest of my athletic body) there's elevated estrogen. I'm sure all that masturbation in my younger years leached important vitamins/minerals from my body - not to mention kicked up the estrogen/prolactin axis. Endotoxins? My gut is all messed up (poor stools/bloating). While my serum testosterone (the last time it was measured) was at the low end of the range - I'm sure my work outs have bumped up some of that T which inevitably gets aromatized into E.

Just not a pretty picture. No wonder my hair was already receding when I was in my mid 20's.
You don’t even lose 5% of your daily zinc from ejaculate.
I’ve consumed copious amounts of milk without issue

The lower your bf, the less T converts to E.

You should take E or D/K to help you lower estrogen.

I’m on VIT D/K/magnesium and I get less bloated daily

There is a serious problem with the philosophy behind the vitamin D / K supplementation. And I do not recommend anybody to take them. Stronger, I think it will contribute to calcification because D+K will increase mobility of calcium artificially and will increase the chance of dumping it into the vascular system that cannot react to increased uptake. The inflow of calcium should come via the bones not via oral and plasma route.

Elephanto

Personally I had noticeable hairline regression from a few months on a high dairy diet (like 1 liter + daily) which stopped shortly after removing it from my diet. The main causes I think would be its opioid effect (triggering TLR4 and Prolactin) and the intact IGF-1 it contains which directly contributes to increasing the IGF-1/IGFBP-3 ratio that is significantly higher in balding men.

@Watson350
Maybe, many parameters improve when I avoid high fructose intake (testosterone, general looks, energy, hair thickness and quality). Some mechanisms include increased intestinal permeability (the main factor that allows Endotoxins to damage) and decreasing SHBG (that is low in balding men) by promoting lipolysis. Sucrose also promotes Candida biofilm formation more than starch.

Fructose: A Dietary Sugar in Crosstalk with Microbiota Contributing to the Development and Progression of Non-Alcoholic Liver Disease
Too Much Sugar Turns Off Gene That Controls Effects Of Sex Steroids

@General Orange
What, K2 prevents vascular calcification and osteoporosis by keeping calcium in bones. It also directly inhibits estrogen synthesis (a Parathyroid Hormone promoter; which is a major cause of calcification). It makes an high intake of dietary calcium unnecessary in many ways (provided that Magnesium and anti-cortisol supps also keep Parathyroid Hormone down). I doubt I would have had as much success with the stack I used if there was no K2.

Last edited:

Watson350

Detumensce works, I am in the early stages, but small black hairs popping up in thinner areas as my scalp has become more malleable

Arrade

There is a serious problem with the philosophy behind the vitamin D / K supplementation. And I do not recommend anybody to take them. Stronger, I think it will contribute to calcification because D+K will increase mobility of calcium artificially and will increase the chance of dumping it into the vascular system that cannot react to increased uptake. The inflow of calcium should come via the bones not via oral and plasma route.
The inflow of calcium should come through osteoporosis?

@Elephanto
Personally I had noticeable hairline regression from a few months on a high dairy diet (like 1 liter + daily) which stopped shortly after removing it from my diet. The main causes I think would be its opioid effect (triggering TLR4 and Prolactin) and the intact IGF-1 it contains which directly contributes to increasing the IGF-1/IGFBP-3 ratio that is significantly higher in balding men.
Why is that bad? IGF-1 is shown to be preventative / helpful in arteriosclerosis. Maybe it is just a symptom of repair effort?
Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) mediates vascular repair by enhancing nitric oxide generation

Increasing Circulating IGFBP1 Levels Improves Insulin Sensitivity, Promotes Nitric Oxide Production, Lowers Blood Pressure, and Protects Against Atherosclerosis - Semantic Scholar

The Interaction Between IGF-1, Atherosclerosis and Vascular Aging

Get uses to this:

Quantitative analysis of vascular calcification
*The process of vascular calcification shares many similarities with that of skeletal mineralization.
However, while skeletal mineralization is a regulated process, induced by complex, well-timed developmental cues, vascular calcification is a pathological process that occurs in response to factors such as smoking, diabetes or uremia (1).

Therefore a substance that tends to have bone demineralization effects, should have vascular de-calcifying effects on also. Like caffeine.

Arrade

Get uses to this:

Quantitative analysis of vascular calcification
*The process of vascular calcification shares many similarities with that of skeletal mineralization.
However, while skeletal mineralization is a regulated process, induced by complex, well-timed developmental cues, vascular calcification is a pathological process that occurs in response to factors such as smoking, diabetes or uremia (1).

Therefore a substance that tends to have bone demineralization effects, should have vascular de-calcifying effects on also. Like caffeine.
You’re wrong but I don’t care if people want to follow your advice

Elephanto

Yes the body favors getting calcium from the bones rather than from plasma.
Dude, no. This doesn't happen at all in an healthy states, loss of calcium from bones only happen through stress hormones and in degenerative states. Calcium isn't needed in cells and it actually kills them when there is an increase in intracellular calcium. Increasing dietary calcium intake is one way to prevent Parathyroid Hormone from leeching calcium out of bones and into cells (soft tissue cells, arteries). K2 and Boron minimize the need for extra calcium because they keep it in bones in the first place. Magnesium is also a potent inhibitor of Parathyroid Hormone. Estrogen, Serotonin, PUFAs and Cortisol promote it.

About IGF-1 :
https://www.mcgill.ca/pollak-lab/fi...ing_plasma_insulin_like_growth_factor_1_0.pdf

Estradiol, progesterone, and transforming growth factor alpha regulate insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP3) expression in mouse en... - PubMed - NCBI

Increasing IGF-1 by a single standard deviation increases balding risks by 31%. Increasing IGFBP-3 by a single standard deviation decreases balding risks by 38%.

Estrogen increases IGF-1 and decreases IGFBP-3. This IGF-1/IGFBP-3 ratio is also high in prostate and breast cancer, both caused by Estrogen.

Milk also contains IGF-1, so unlike growth hormone which proportionally increases IGF-1 and IGFBP-3, it leads to an increased IGF-1/IGFBP-3 ratio.

Problems occur when there is a lack of IGFBP-3 to bind and prevent excess growth/angiogenesis from IGF-1. Increasing IGF-1 without concomitant IGFBP-3 increase makes it more likely. These are factors that downregulate IGFBP-3 :
Here are things that both increase Nitric Oxide and decrease IGFBP-3 : Arginine, Estrogen, Endotoxins, Iron, Vitamin D deficiency, Ammonia, lack of Magnesium,
lack of Vitamin A, lack of Zinc, Arachidonic Acid.

Men also have much higher IGF-1 levels than women, increasing the need for optimal IGFBP-3 levels to prevent baldness.

Last edited:
Bone tissue serves as a reservoir for and source of calcium for these critical metabolic needs through the process of bone remodeling.

Calcium metabolism is regulated in large part by the parathyroid hormone (PTH)–vitamin D endocrine system, which is characterized by a series of homeostatic feedback loops. The rapid release of mineral from the bone is essential to maintain adequate levels of ionized calcium in serum. During vitamin D deficiency states, bone metabolism is significantly affected as a result of reduced active calcium absorption. This leads to increased PTH secretion as the calcium sensing receptor in the parathyroid gland senses changes in circulating ionic calcium. Increased PTH levels induce enzyme activity (1α-hydroxylase) in the kidney, which converts vitamin D to its active hormonal form, calcitriol. In turn, calcitriol stimulates enhanced calcium absorption from the gut. Not surprisingly, the interplay between the dynamics of calcium and vitamin D often complicates the interpretation of data relative to calcium requirements, deficiency states, and excess intake.
Overview of Calcium - Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D - NCBI Bookshelf

Arrade

Bone tissue serves as a reservoir for and source of calcium for these critical metabolic needs through the process of bone remodeling.

Calcium metabolism is regulated in large part by the parathyroid hormone (PTH)–vitamin D endocrine system, which is characterized by a series of homeostatic feedback loops. The rapid release of mineral from the bone is essential to maintain adequate levels of ionized calcium in serum. During vitamin D deficiency states, bone metabolism is significantly affected as a result of reduced active calcium absorption. This leads to increased PTH secretion as the calcium sensing receptor in the parathyroid gland senses changes in circulating ionic calcium. Increased PTH levels induce enzyme activity (1α-hydroxylase) in the kidney, which converts vitamin D to its active hormonal form, calcitriol. In turn, calcitriol stimulates enhanced calcium absorption from the gut. Not surprisingly, the interplay between the dynamics of calcium and vitamin D often complicates the interpretation of data relative to calcium requirements, deficiency states, and excess intake.
Overview of Calcium - Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D - NCBI Bookshelf
Parathyroid disorders cause hairloss. The parathyroid goes rampant when you don’t have adequate calcium blood levels, thus leeching calcium from the bones and damaging cells like Elephanto said

Elephanto

I posted this yesterday in a reply adressed to you General, on page 10.

Correlation between serum parathyroid hormone levels and coronary artery calcification in patients without renal failure

Peat's quotes :
A deficiency of either calcium or magnesium can stimulate the parathyroid glands to produce more hormone (parathyroid hormone, PTH), which increases calcium absorption, but also removes calcium from the bones. This hormone, responding to a dietary calcium or magnesium deficiency, is an important factor in causing cells to take up too much calcium, and its excess is associated with many inflammatory and degenerative diseases.

Interleukin-6 (IL-6), an inflammatory cytokine which increases with aging, is commonly considered to have an important role in the multiple processes of atrophy in old age. One of the things which can increase the production of IL-6 is the parathyroid hormone (PTH), which increases the amount of calcium circulating in the blood, partly by causing it to be removed from the bones; IL-6 stimulates the process of calcium removal from bones.
(Zinc is an inhibitor of IL-6 btw)
PTH (like estrogen and serotonin) inhibits cellular respiration and activates glycolysis, lowering the ATP level and shifting the cells metabolism toward the production of lactic acid rather than carbon dioxide. PTH also causes bicarbonate to be lost in the urine.

PTH can cause diuresis, leading to loss of blood volume and dehydration, hypertension, paralysis, increased rate of cell division, and growth of cartilage, bone, and other tissues.

Respiration and carbon dioxide are the basic antagonists of the PTH. At birth, a baby has practically no PTH, probably because of the high intrauterine concentration of carbon dioxide, but within a few days the PTH rises.
Increased carbon dioxide favors bone formation, and decreased bicarbonate favors the loss of calcium from bone (Canzanello, et al., 1995; Bushinsky, et al, 2001).
(I've mentioned several times how CO2 is a potent inhibitor of calcification)
Aspirin inhibits the actions of PTH, helping to prevent the calcification of inflamed tissues, and it inhibits the loss of calcium from bones.

A protein called the PTH-related protein (PTHrP) has the same functions as PTH, but can be produced in any tissue. It is responsible for the hypercalcemia of cancer, and is apparently involved in the frequent metastasis of breast cancer to the bones.

All cell death is characterized by an increase of intracellular calcium….” “Increase of cytoplasmic free calcium may therefore be called ‘the final common path’ of cell disease and cell death. Aging as a background of diseases is also characterized by an increase of intracellular calcium. Diseases typically associated with aging include hypertension, arteriosclerosis, diabetes mellitus and dementia.” -Fujita, 1991

Last edited:

Hevel

Maybe I'm a unique case, but attempting to solve calcification with Vitamin K, D and Boron only had the opposite effects on me, giving me horrible chest pains, increasing hair loss and making my teeth fragile and more vulnerable to decay.

Arrade

Maybe I'm a unique case, but attempting to solve calcification with Vitamin K, D and Boron only had the opposite effects on me, giving me horrible chest pains, increasing hair loss and making my teeth fragile and more vulnerable to decay.
Did you take them in correct portions? DId you use magnesium?
Previously I used them and it halted my hairloss, but I know the ratios have to be in line

Hevel

I'm positive I was Magnesium deficient during that period of time, even with supplementation my body can't seem to retain Magnesium properly, I was taking 200-400mg of Magnesium along with 5mg of MK4 and between 5 to 10k D3, at the same time I was drinking a lot of milk and probably getting close to 2500mg of Calcium a day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals