Copper for high LH, testosterone and thyroid hormones

Hans

Forum Supporter

A lot of guys might be under-consuming copper, which likely is dropping LH, testosterone and T4.

Charger

1-2mg of copper supplementation has been a staple for a few years now. I can definitely notice when I don't take it. I'm more assertive, focused, and energetic when I take it and do a complete 180 into being a brainfogged/confused mess when I don't.

youngsinatra

I have a feeling that high reverse T3, even with normal fT3, can also impair hepatic mobilization of copper.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
1-2mg of copper supplementation has been a staple for a few years now. I can definitely notice when I don't take it. I'm more assertive, focused, and energetic when I take it and do a complete 180 into being a brainfogged/confused mess when I don't.
How does copper supplement compare to liver for you?

Charger

How does copper supplement compare to liver for you?

Honestly don't eat liver on a regular enough basis to compare the effects, it's partially the reason I supplement in the first place. I don't mind liver, but it doesn't entice me as much as some ground beef, eggs, fruit, juice, etc., and it's one less thing to prepare.

Nebula

I don't seem to utilize the copper and zinc I eat from any form food or supplement very well. Any there any common reasons for this? Do I just need more protein and calories to metabolize them? Is that the key?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I don't seem to utilize the copper and zinc I eat from any form food or supplement very well. Any there any common reasons for this? Do I just need more protein and calories to metabolize them? Is that the key?
What tests have you done to determine this?

Nebula

What tests have you done to determine this?
I just notice zero effect from them most of the time in diet or supplement. The few times I have noticed anything positive I was eating a lot more protein and calories than normal. I think I've finally realized that at 6'5" I probably need well over 150 grams of protein for my metabolism to function. I've been getting probably 80 or less most of my adult life, mostly out of frugality.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I just notice zero effect from them most of the time in diet or supplement. The few times I have noticed anything positive I was eating a lot more protein and calories than normal. I think I've finally realized that at 6'5" I probably need well over 150 grams of protein for my metabolism to function. I've been getting probably 80 or less most of my adult life, mostly out of frugality.
Yes, the total amount of food also matters a lot. There are so many beneficial compounds in food that we benefit from apart from the vitamins and minerals. At your height, I think 150g protein is a good starting point.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals