How to optimize gut health for high testosterone

Hans

Forum Supporter

The gut and hormones are very integrated. Gut bacteria can increase or lower testosterone and testosterone in turn can have a beneficial effect on the microbiome.
There are a couple of bacteria that can degrade testosterone, so despite making enough, you can still have low levels due to excessive breakdown.
I also discuss the potential probiotics that might be able to increase testosterone as well as others tips that can improve gut health.

highriderrr

As always excellent article Hans, good job! 👍
Not only sodium butyrate increase testicles volume, in you article i read that it through increasing antioxidants, but lactobacillus reuteri increase testicular volume too. Can't get how increase testicular size/health

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
As always excellent article Hans, good job! 👍
Not only sodium butyrate increase testicles volume, in you article i read that it through increasing antioxidants, but lactobacillus reuteri increase testicular volume too. Can't get how increase testicular size/health
Thanks for reading!
Yeah I'm not sure of the exact mechanism either. It could simply be because it restored testicular size in old animals, thus "increasing" it. But it does point out how bad inflammation is for the testes though.

golder

Thanks for reading!
Yeah I'm not sure of the exact mechanism either. It could simply be because it restored testicular size in old animals, thus "increasing" it. But it does point out how bad inflammation is for the testes though.
Out of curiosity how much sodium butyrate do you take each day Hans?

Charger

Just started at 600mg.

Keep us updated.

I was on it for a few months at 2 caps (1.2g butyric acid) and I think it was contributing to fatigue over time. It feels gabaergic and calming for sure but lead to the emotionless/anhedonic state that seems to come with too much GABA in my experience.

Somewhat unrelated to the article but never really delved into using aspirin until this past week at 325mg a day has been one of the strongest dopaminergic and anti-anxiety supplements I've taken, and I've used 100s of supplements by this point.

golder

Ray has warned that butyric acid might act as a tumor promoter when combined with toxins in the intestine.
That’s worrying thanks for pointing it out. I’m going to read up more around that, can you remember where Ray mentioned it?

If you are looking to increase SCFA's outside of just ingesting more butyrate itself(butter etc)you'd be better off with a probiotic that upregulates processes that increase production of SCFA's like Clostridium Butyricum which you can find as part of the complex in a supplement called TriButyrin. Sodium Butyrate doesn't make it past first pass-metabolism, so i'm a bit confused why it is even a supplement(perhaps not that confused, as there are plenty examples of supplements that are not bioavailable as powders etc that exist on the market e.g polyamines)

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals