Aspirin on testosterone, dopamine and sexual function

Hans

Forum Supporter

There has been quite a lot of talk about aspirin and testosterone on this forum, so I compiled all the research on it that I could find.
The potential beneficial mechanisms of aspirin on testosterone in humans are by:
  • Inhibiting COX-2 and prostaglandin production
  • Increasing lipoxygenase (LOX) (inhibiting LOX inhibited LH and cAMP stimulated steroid production in rat Leydig cells) (R)
  • Producing pro-resolvins
  • Increasing GnRH release suppressed by opioids. Opioids inhibit GnRH by producing prostaglandin and aspirin inhibits this. Natural opioids are frequently elevated by stress. Gluten and dairy also contain strong natural opioids that might lower testosterone.
…or all of the above.

I also touched on the effects of aspirin on estrogen, cortisol, serotonin, dopamine and sexual function.

I like it a lot, but only use it on demand now. When I was hypometabolic, I used it daily in doses of 1g usually. It helped the most by increasing my temps, reducing anxiety, improving my mood (I was quite depressed and anhedonic back then), helping me to focus and helping me get back to sleep after I got stress responses during the night.

Prota

There has been quite a lot of talk about aspirin and testosterone on this forum, so I compiled all the research on it that I could find.
The potential beneficial mechanisms of aspirin on testosterone in humans are by:
  • Inhibiting COX-2 and prostaglandin production
  • Increasing lipoxygenase (LOX) (inhibiting LOX inhibited LH and cAMP stimulated steroid production in rat Leydig cells) (R)
  • Producing pro-resolvins
  • Increasing GnRH release suppressed by opioids. Opioids inhibit GnRH by producing prostaglandin and aspirin inhibits this. Natural opioids are frequently elevated by stress. Gluten and dairy also contain strong natural opioids that might lower testosterone.
…or all of the above.

I also touched on the effects of aspirin on estrogen, cortisol, serotonin, dopamine and sexual function.

I like it a lot, but only use it on demand now. When I was hypometabolic, I used it daily in doses of 1g usually. It helped the most by increasing my temps, reducing anxiety, improving my mood (I was quite depressed and anhedonic back then), helping me to focus and helping me get back to sleep after I got stress responses during the night.
Thanks!
Did you take it during the day, before bed...? Baking soda, glycine..?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks!
Did you take it during the day, before bed...? Baking soda, glycine..?
I dissolve it and take it with food. In the past I've mostly taken it before bed and when I wake up with a stress response, but often times during the day as well to increase temps and reduce anxiety.

John mcclain

Wow hans on testosterone again...with all these increases hans you must be double the reference range...and spend all day taking it

supercoolguy

dairy also contain strong natural opioids that might lower testosterone.
If this is referring to Casomorphins. In a recent interview, Dr Peat mentioned those Appear that way structurally, but do not play out like an opioid, in vivo.

"Might" appears to be the most accurate portion of the post.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
If this is referring to Casomorphins. In a recent interview, Dr Peat mentioned those Appear that way structurally, but do not play out like an opioid, in vivo.

"Might" appears to be the most accurate portion of the post.
Yes I should change it to "might". I did write an aritcle on A1 casein and beta-casomorphins.
Here are a few quotes:

"Milk consumption, due to the BCM7 has been associated with coronary heart disease, arteriosclerosis, fractures, sudden infant death syndrome, autism, schizophrenia and type 1 diabetes may be attributed to an opioid peptide, beta-casomorphin-7 (BCM-7), derived from A1 beta-casein. BCM-7 exerts its function by binding to the μ-opioid receptors in the body (R, R)."

"Although there is no evidence that BCM7 is actually found in the bloodstream or crosses the blood-brain barrier (R, R), it can bind to opioid receptors in the gut, which can influence the brain and other organs as well."

"It is also hypothesized that activation of the μ-opioid receptors in the gut can alter the gut microbial composition, impair gut barrier integrity and bile acid metabolism, in addition to increasing gastrointestinal transit time and gut inflammation (R)."

Even though they might or might not have opioid like effects, some people still react negatively to them. Regardless of the mechanism, it's best to eliminate something that gives you issues.

xborg

For the last 3 weeks I've experimented with this by taking 3 or 4 325mg aspirin daily. In just a few days results were unmistakable: libido is revved up and balls are bigger. Now, after 3 weeks, I should probably take a week or so off and see what happens.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals