Can You Even Stop Hair Loss And Cause Hair Regrowth?

dreamcatcher

Hi guys,

First time posting here on the forum but i've been following RP + Danny Roddy's hair loss protocol for some time. I've been doing my own research but honestly I've reached a point of exhaustion where i've just been seeing too many conflicting information. I am 23 yrs old and have been losing hair since the age of 21 now developing a classic horseshoe pattern with overall diffuse thinning at the top of my scalp and receding hairline.

Over the course of several months, I have been taking aspirin (160mg) with thorne vit K, progest-e, cynoplus + cynomel. I've also been taking vit E regularly and avoiding PUFA like the plague. I have also been consuming around 10,000 IU of vit D a day and 1800 - 2100mg of calcium a day from yoghurt and milk.

I guess the main objective of my post is wanting to see some evidence of this whole protocol actually working as i'm unable to really stabilise my hair loss or achieve hair regrowth. I would really appreciate some motivation from those who have seen success with the RP method as so far it is pretty demoralizing because every time i read about the studies/theories, it all seems to make sense but i just don't see any success when trying to implement it in real life nor have i seen any real evidence on this forum.

I would really appreciate any kind of motivation here honestly but some authentic success stories are what i'm really looking. Thank you.
Aspirin caused an accelerated hair loss for me! Same goes for added sugars (not from fruits). I had thick and long hair prior to implementing the Ray Peat lifestyle but doing it for 6 years made my hair very thin and brittle..until I excluded all starches, grains and added sugars. On the only meat, seafood, eggs, dairy, fruits, honey, NO coffee and some leaves and vegs diet my hair shedding completely stopped..after many years of experimenting. Avoiding PUFAs and not having small amounts of prepared nuts or seeds made my hair terrible! Same goes for the avoidance of omega 3s. My hair looks healthier and considerably thickened up since the dietary change. I also stopped the Cynoplus and T3. For supplements, I use silica (a no no in the Ray Peat world) from bamboos, Saw Palmetto, burdock root tincture, red clover, green and other herbal teas. I also sometimes take a little B3, P5P and in the past, Biotin but according to my research, we have enough in our diet. Estrogen from Pueraria mirifica is very beneficial for me (I'm a woman). I used to take Progest-E for 6 years which wasn't good for me (finally I no longer have heavy periods since taking pueraria mirifica instead - the dreaded oestrogen.)

Inaut

It's much easier just to wiggle your ears for 5 mins three times daily which will move your entire scalp and regrow your hair.
No grains and starches made my hair shedding stop and finally I can grow thick hair.

I like this just because you can do it throughout the day. Whether it works to grow hair will be determined. I can definitely feel it though (muscle contractions)

Motif

I massaged hardcore everyday for over a year now.

Absolutely nothing.

Mauritio

Yes. I have ,but I continue to loose the old hair but the new hair stays even in stressful times.

Mauritio

How did you do it and what did you use on your scalp/hair/head?
I just do scalp exercises ,so muscle contraction and that's it . It increases blood flow the same way as you would do a workout ,just for your scalp.

Progesterone

Aspirin caused an accelerated hair loss for me! Same goes for added sugars (not from fruits). I had thick and long hair prior to implementing the Ray Peat lifestyle but doing it for 6 years made my hair very thin and brittle..until I excluded all starches, grains and added sugars. On the only meat, seafood, eggs, dairy, fruits, honey, NO coffee and some leaves and vegs diet my hair shedding completely stopped..after many years of experimenting. Avoiding PUFAs and not having small amounts of prepared nuts or seeds made my hair terrible! Same goes for the avoidance of omega 3s. My hair looks healthier and considerably thickened up since the dietary change. I also stopped the Cynoplus and T3. For supplements, I use silica (a no no in the Ray Peat world) from bamboos, Saw Palmetto, burdock root tincture, red clover, green and other herbal teas. I also sometimes take a little B3, P5P and in the past, Biotin but according to my research, we have enough in our diet. Estrogen from Pueraria mirifica is very beneficial for me (I'm a woman). I used to take Progest-E for 6 years which wasn't good for me (finally I no longer have heavy periods since taking pueraria mirifica instead - the dreaded oestrogen.)

Dang...

And Prog didn't help your hair too?

dreamcatcher

Dang...

And Prog didn't help your hair too?
Not at all, sadly. Actually I just came across an article today on selfhacked about salicylate sensitivity..

Btw. I have very long hair and had to cut off some of my knee length hair previously during the time I followed the Ray Peat lifestyle. I have before and after photos which I sent to Ray Peat.
I'm glad I found a way to stop hair shedding and regain thickness.
I did a lot of research and contacted girls who have floor length hair, discussing this issue.

Progesterone

Not at all, sadly. Actually I just came across an article today on selfhacked about salicylate sensitivity..

Btw. I have very long hair and had to cut off some of my knee length hair previously during the time I followed the Ray Peat lifestyle. I have before and after photos which I sent to Ray Peat.
I'm glad I found a way to stop hair shedding and regain thickness.
I did a lot of research and contacted girls who have floor length hair, discussing this issue.

Where do you get pueraria mirifica from?

no starches and grains... interesting. I wonder, perhaps pueraria mirifica did the heavy lifting though, and diet doesn't matter so much?

dreamcatcher

Where do you get pueraria mirifica from?

no starches and grains... interesting. I wonder, perhaps pueraria mirifica did the heavy lifting though, and diet doesn't matter so much?
I get it from eBay (UK) organic pueraria mirifica but not for breast enlargement:))
It didn't make my breasts larger..when I used to take Progest-E, I became flat chested and Ray Peat told me that maybe it reduced the estrogen so much.
BREAST ENLARGEMENT CAPSULES 100% ORGANIC PUERARIA MIRIFICA 500mg REFILL PACK 5081949942373 | eBay

Progesterone

I get it from eBay (UK) organic pueraria mirifica but not for breast enlargement:))
It didn't make my breasts larger..when I used to take Progest-E, I became flat chested and Ray Peat told me that maybe it reduced the estrogen so much.
BREAST ENLARGEMENT CAPSULES 100% ORGANIC PUERARIA MIRIFICA 500mg REFILL PACK 5081949942373 | eBay

Interesting:

Pueraria Mirifica Benefit: Men Benefits
Another Pueraria Mirifica benefit is that it is also beneficial for men. In fact, studies show that the herb helps stave off wrinkles, slows down the aging process, and improves vitality and blood circulation. Pueraria Mirifica benefit is also helping to improve memory and eyesight.

The herb is also beneficial for correcting pattern baldness. In fact, studies show that another Pueraria Mirifica benefit is that it helps nourish and stimulates hair follicles, which in turn helps unclog follicles and stimulates hair growth. It also increases healthy blood flow, which helps promote a healthy scalp.

Another Pueraria Mirifica benefit is that it is also great for transgender males who wish to increase their breast size. In fact, according to reports, Pueraria Mirifica’s Phytoestrogen content mimics estrogen in the male body as well, which is just perfect for transgender males looking to lower their testosterone and increase their breast size.

What dosage do you take, and what frequency?

dreamcatcher

@Progesterone you're welcome. I take a large dose, 500mg on days when I don't have my period. According to scientific reviews, less than 100mg if I remember, is safe.
I also think that it might help if I happen to be sensitive to DHT or have too high androgens in relation to other hormones. I still tend to believe the DHT and hair loss theory because I came across too many people who responded well to lowering DHT and thus improving hair quality.
Also, non westernised Native Americans don't have male pattern baldness and it's well known that they use Saw Palmetto which happens to be a 5ar inhibitor.
Plus..GLA specially which the Ray Peat world happens to avoid ( think of borage seed oil) is a 5ar inhibitor.
It's great that you found a product you like, I like Swanson as well but had elevated B12 for years so I don't supplement it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals