Vitamin D Levels In The Blood Linked To Cardiorespiratory Fitness

rei

A recent study found that a vitamin D increase of 10 nmol/L was associated with a 0.78 mL/kg/min increase in VO2 max.

Difference between top and bottom groups was 290% (430% when looking at raw data without researcher's interpretation). This seems to be robust, direct evidence of increased oxidative metabolism from vitamin D.

Vitamin D levels in the blood linked to cardiorespiratory fitness

Last edited:

burtlancast

Interesting study.

But what they didn't mention in the abstract is the astonishing fact that out of the 2000 cases analyzed, only 25% were Vit D sufficient (above 30 ng/ml: they were barely at 34 ng/ml).

I would love to see what a level of 80 ng/ml does for your metabolism, compared to sufficient/insufficient levels.

Hugh Johnson

Interesting study.

But what they didn't mention in the abstract is the astonishing fact that out of the 2000 cases analyzed, only 25% were Vit D sufficient (above 30 ng/ml: they were barely at 34 ng/ml).

I would love to see what a level of 80 ng/ml does for your metabolism, compared to sufficient/insufficient levels.
Only the lowest quartile was below 50, the other quarters averaged above 50 ng/ml. In fact many "experts" would consider that excessive.

lampofred

Interesting study.

Mine is at 80 and my aerobic capacity seems to be garbage lol, so not sure if the correlation still holds when levels are past a certain point

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals