Unpopular Fiber Question

Peatress

That's the one from the second link, I pasted.
It says microcrystalline cellulose.
The first (pets) one is the only one which speaks of cellulose derived from plant walls (which could be anything I guess).
The third one is methylcellulose, not a supplement but used in (fusion) cooking.

From what I read,cellulose powder gets the name microcrystalline cellulose when it's approved for human consumption 🤷
Lol I missed that. Thanks

sunny

"Methyl cellulose does not occur naturally and is synthetically produced by heating cellulose with caustic solution (e.g. a solution of sodium hydroxide) and treating it with methyl chloride. In the substitution reaction that follows, the hydroxyl residues (-OH functional groups) are replaced by methoxide (-OCH3 groups).

Different kinds of methyl cellulose can be prepared depending on the number of hydroxyl groups substituted. Cellulose is a polymer consisting of numerous linked glucose molecules, each of which exposes three hydroxyl groups. The Degree of Substitution (DS) of a given form of methyl cellulose is defined as the average number of substituted hydroxyl groups per glucose. The theoretical maximum is thus a DS of 3.0, however more typical values are 1.3–2.6.

Different methyl cellulose preparations can also differ in the average length of their polymer backbones."

OP
D

Dutchie

"Methyl cellulose does not occur naturally and is synthetically produced by heating cellulose with caustic solution (e.g. a solution of sodium hydroxide) and treating it with methyl chloride. In the substitution reaction that follows, the hydroxyl residues (-OH functional groups) are replaced by methoxide (-OCH3 groups).

Different kinds of methyl cellulose can be prepared depending on the number of hydroxyl groups substituted. Cellulose is a polymer consisting of numerous linked glucose molecules, each of which exposes three hydroxyl groups. The Degree of Substitution (DS) of a given form of methyl cellulose is defined as the average number of substituted hydroxyl groups per glucose. The theoretical maximum is thus a DS of 3.0, however more typical values are 1.3–2.6.

Different methyl cellulose preparations can also differ in the average length of their polymer backbones."

I know it's not natural, so that would leave the cellulose powder for pets....but that's a gamble as well, bc who knows what is thought of as 'okay' to give our pets. :/

If you want a high cellulose natural solution, you could try coconut flour fiber.
I still have some but don't tolerate it well, bc of its high sulfur content.....and it's also very high fodmap.

Kyle970

Hi
Bamboo shoots low fodmap I think. Tried wheat bran? Seem to experience the same symptoms. Also react to coconut flour, good tip on the sulfur. Have read Dogtrainer's entire thread several times, also similar symptoms. Sadly msm/slip elm seem to exacerbate mineral issue, as well as decrease bile for me. Have moisture loss and inflammation at that point in the colon you refer to. Will make a thread when I can get up the energy at some point. Think I'm running out of things to try. Studied this issue for a few years now and I still have more questions than answers. Peat explains it perfectly in his cascara/emodin article but none of the usual remedies help me personally. Have not tried any pharma antibodies etc and I do not know how to go about getting any. Also paranoid about making things worse with synthetics. Any advice is welcome.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom