Pau D'Arco experience

Cloudhands

I recently bought pau d'arco powder per @Hans reccomendation, and wow i didnt expect such an immediate and intense euphoria. I mixed a half tsp of the powder into my coffee with mollasses and 1% milk, and drank it. It tasted floral and earthy, quite enjoyable really. Then i sat down and started looking at pictures of alpaca farms. The cuteness and beauty of the pictures overtook me with dopamine, as if i was on MDMA, but with zero edge. Im sure combining it with coffee created a synergistic effect, but id say that this is almost a high feeling. I wonder if beta-lapachone has ever been used against parkinsons, i mean, wow I feel absolutely high off of this.

Perry Staltic

I've been thinking about getting pau d'arco for its anti-fungal properties. Catching a buzz would be a bonus. Since you mentioned good taste, I will have to look at the powders now.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

Any digestion improvements?
I did take a nice dump shortly after, too acute tho to decide if it was attributed to the Pau or not.
I've been thinking about getting pau d'arco for its anti-fungal properties. Catching a buzz would be a bonus. Since you mentioned good taste, I will have to look at the powders now.
Yeah it actually was nice especially mixed with coffee! I bought this one Amazon product ASIN B073DPFJXC

Michael Mohn

I love the taste of pau d'arco but I never experienced anything special. It has a nice vanilla flavour with a woody scent.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

The herb itself does not have a nice taste. It is all the fillers that you are tasting.
The product im using has no fillers, maybe you just dont like the taste? Or perhaps the one you bought doesnt taste as good as mine for some reason.

Peater

I recently bought pau d'arco powder per @Hans reccomendation, and wow i didnt expect such an immediate and intense euphoria. I mixed a half tsp of the powder into my coffee with mollasses and 1% milk, and drank it. It tasted floral and earthy, quite enjoyable really. Then i sat down and started looking at pictures of alpaca farms. The cuteness and beauty of the pictures overtook me with dopamine, as if i was on MDMA, but with zero edge. Im sure combining it with coffee created a synergistic effect, but id say that this is almost a high feeling. I wonder if beta-lapachone has ever been used against parkinsons, i mean, wow I feel absolutely high off of this.

I'm going to try some of this (Same brand). I've been meaning to for ages but kept forgetting. Thanks for the reminder!

The product im using has no fillers, maybe you just dont like the taste? Or perhaps the one you bought doesnt taste as good as mine for some reason.
Very good then. From google: Pau D'arco Tea tastes slightly bitter, with a woody tannic flavor. It has an earthy taste to it, with a slight fruit taste. You can add lemon juice, milk or honey to your tea to improve on the flavor if the taste does not suit you.

I have a tincture. Doesn't taste like vanilla at all.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

Very good then. From google: Pau D'arco Tea tastes slightly bitter, with a woody tannic flavor. It has an earthy taste to it, with a slight fruit taste. You can add lemon juice, milk or honey to your tea to improve on the flavor if the taste does not suit you.

Yeah the powder i use, i mixed it with coffee milk and molasses, and it was fairly delicious lol. Its not expensive either, and the brand seems high quality

Inaut

I once read that pau d'arco should not be taken with calcium (so no milk). Can't remember the reason now but I've always avoided the two at the same time.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

I once read that pau d'arco should not be taken with calcium (so no milk). Can't remember the reason now but I've always avoided the two at the same time.
Hmm i wonder what that reason is. Id be curious to know!

RealNeat

One of my favorite herbs. My bowel movements always felt more effortless when on it. I have used it on and off for many years. I don't usually go more than a week or two on it.

I'm not sure how I feel about taking the powder straight. Traditional tea or tincture extract seems more intuitive.

I've used the same brand Nature's Answer for years. And occasionally Traditional Medicinals tea.

mercola has an interesting concoction with it here:

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

One of my favorite herbs. My bowel movements always felt more effortless when on it. I have used it on and off for many years. I don't usually go more than a week or two on it.

I'm not sure how I feel about taking the powder straight. Traditional tea or tincture extract seems more intuitive.

I've used the same brand Nature's Answer for years. And occasionally Traditional Medicinals tea.

mercola has an interesting concoction
Do you have any experience with slippery elm? Im about to try it right now

Inaut

Do you have any experience with slippery elm? Im about to try it right now
When I had ulcers years ago, I would make a gruel out of slippery elm. It's very soothing to the mucosal lining and is fairly pleasant to taste.

I drink two cups of pau d'arco tea (from Traditional Medicinals) per day for a week or two and then replace it with chamomile tea for a few weeks before returning to pau d'arco. Have not observed strong results from pau d'arco tea, but sometimes think I feel slightly better during the weeks when I drink it. (OT: I've gotten good results from IdeaLabs' Lapodin, which contains both emodin and beta lapachone, one of the quinones in pau d'arco.)

@Inaut: Thanks for mentioning your experience with slippery elm for ulcers. I'm going to try slippery elm for gastritis and will post my results (in a gastritis or SE thread).

Last edited:

Rave re-peat

Could depend on what type of vanilla flavour your thinking of. Theres obviously a difference between vanilla as the classic vanilla taste compares to the real thing (vanilla bean/ vanilla bourbon.) Thats more a bitter, woody, earthy flavour with vanilla tones. Rather than the extracted vanilla flavour or synthethic vanilla aka vanillin that taste sweet classic vanilla flavour. Real vanilla is slightly bitter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom