Otto Warburg - His Speech 1966 In Lake Constance, Germany

Mainstream medical thought points to high blood volume as a cause of high blood pressure, but Ray Peat says it is low blood volume, and I agree with Ray Peat.

Does the mainstream really believe that? From a very basic understanding of the processes, it doesn't make any sense. Low volume means that in order to maintain flow, you need to constrict the pipe size. They should be able to understand that, it's completely mechanical. I'm not even sure how the electrical forces and water structuring stuff would contribute.

Anyway, you might find some enlightenment in this piece I was just reading: https://artcamp.com.mx/EZINES/02HealingVillage/3/eclampsia.htm It's written by Ray and the thesis is the importance of preventing hemoconcentration, concentration of proteins in the blood, and clotting. A lack of flow in the blood leads to a lack of glucose and oxygen perfusion.

Salt, sugar, aspirin, albumin: each of them either improve hypovolemia, blood flow, or stabilize glucose availability (that being the ultimate result). It's mostly about preventing migraines and seizures, but there are of course implications for heart failure.

There's this unusual hyphenation going on in that essay and I cleaned up most of it in the PDF I'm attaching.

Attachments

• Ray Peat Eclampsia in the Real Organism.pdf
    89.6 KB · Views: 7
OP
yerrag

yerrag

Thanks for cleaning up the article and sharing it.

Does the mainstream really believe that? From a very basic understanding of the processes, it doesn't make any sense. Low volume means that in order to maintain flow, you need to constrict the pipe size. They should be able to understand that, it's completely mechanical.

Ray Peat is the only person I know who talks about hypovolemia causing hypertension. Pretty much all textbooks say otherwise. Which is why I consider it fortunate that reading Ray Peat was my gateway to reading up on human physiology, as at the very least I wasn't already buying the idea that almost every article I read espouses- that high blood volume causes hypertension.

I have to add though that with low volume, constricting the pipe size isn't the answer as constricting the pipe size increases friction loss, leading to pressure loss, and this lowers flow. But constricting the pipe at one just one spot will increase the pressure but not the flow

This video, from 4:20 to 6:20, has the right idea (I think) about how the kidneys go about increasing pressure to direct flow towards increasing glomerular filtration rate:

Working off this understanding, I can appreciate why high blood pressure is needed to keep my glomerular filtration up, given my low blood volume (due to low albumin). I can't imagine why doctors would want to counter the body's adaptation to low blood volume.

My solution is never to take blood pressure lowering drugs in order to make my blood pressure look good while in the process lowering the glomerular filtration rate.

My solution is to increase my serum albumin so that it will attract more sodium ions, and so that sodium will attract more water, and this will increase my plasma and blood volume. This is easy to say though. I only lately began to understand that albumin is being oxidized as part of the body's primary antioxidant system, in dealing with the oxidative stresses involved in inflammatory processes from having immune complex deposition in my kidneys.

One way to preserve my albumin from being used so much is to provide some anti-oxidant support. But this support is not simply done by taking anti-oxidants. Taking anti-oxidants merely provide extracellular anti-oxidants, which are not effective and may even be counterproductive (as it interferes with the oxidative burst mechanism used by phagocytes to eliminate the immune complexes). I'm now taking DHA, the oxidized form of Ascorbic Acid, as the DHA gets transported to the inner cell more effectively than AA (ascorbic acid), and once inside the cell, it turns into AA, and this also helps glutathione recycling, glutathione being another primary anti-oxidant.

If this is effective, and I continue on this therapy, I could see my serum albumin levels build back up to normal, and with that, blood volume will be normalized. The kidneys will no longer have to activate the RAAS (renin yada yada system) to increase the blood pressure anymore. I just personally find it silly that doctors and people like to mess with the RAAS system instead of addressing issues that are more relevant to eliminating a pathological cause.

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

I'm having to make DHA from AA every 3 days using this method:

I hope it works, since it's a lot of work. I also have to go to the market to buy the zucchini needed to make it. I have to give it some time, maybe a month, to see the effect. The process of building back my serum albumin as well as blood volume is a slow process so I can't expect to see immediate lowering of blood pressure.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom