Otto Warburg - His Speech 1966 In Lake Constance, Germany

yerrag

Came across a reference to his speech as I was doing research on Hydrogen Peroxide. I found it to be a good read, especially as it applies to low oxygen availability to tissues, as it applies to the development of cancer. We talk a lot about lactic acid, which is the product of glycolysis and fermentation. Remember, this was 1966, more than half a century ago, and this was still a time when the National Cancer Institute was still an innocent institution, and was cooperating in finding a cure for cancer, or so it seems to me. Back then, there was great excitement that with the findings of Otto Warburg, a cure had been found for cancer.

His speech makes me feel like I'd been on a pilgrimage to a holy site where a prophet once was. The truths he spoke here, it felt like it was sacred ground. Give it a read:

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com... The Prime Cause and Prevention of Cancer.PDF

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I actually felt somehow validated in my live and let live attitude towards my very high blood pressure condition.

Otto Warburg said that at 35% below regular oxygen pressure inside the capillaries, enough fermentation is already occurring that would cause cancer. As I see it, if my body is increasing blood pressure to allow enough blood to flow to capillaries and to sufficiently provide oxygen to the cells it feeds, I shouldn't be taking blood pressure medication to lower my blood pressure. For doing so, I would not cause my capillaries to deliver sufficient oxygen to the cells it feeds, and this could cause cancer.

Since I don't know of anyone else flying in the face of convention, in fear of imagined phantoms such as high blood pressure causing kidney disease or blood vessels to burst, I would have to rely on my own personal experimentation to see if I could show a better survival rate than the majority, who opt for the false safety of blood pressure medication. The thing is, I fear that those who take bp medication would be the ones to develop kidney failure, of which cancer is just one of the causes for it. It's because in lowering their blood pressure, they're not allowing the tissues and organs the capillaries feed with oxygen sufficient oxygenation. The nephrons will gradually die, and the kidneys will deteriorate as more nephrons die - out of being starved of oxygen.

People will tell me to take bp medication as I go about figuring things out, in trying to cure my hypertension. But I will never figure it out as long as I subscribe to the false safety of being normal with regard to my blood pressure. I will easily move on to other tasks and lose focus on curing my hypertension. But I'm glad I didn't listen to what most would advise. I don't blame them. It's just that their fears are based on something that is also unproven - that high blood pressure will destroy the kidneys, or that it will cause blood vessels to burst. It seems logical that the blood vessels would burst, but more blood vessels have burst due to taking statins, which inhibits the production of coenzyme CoQ10 - that I believe.

Last edited:

rei

The arrogance we have to force the body into submission in whatever it is doing because we think we know better.

Any and all manipulation of balance should be in an attempt to steer something in the "right" direction, but not to force it there. Because as soon as you start forcing that mechanism, all other available pathways will start to compensate against it.

I used "right" because it probably is not the absolute right direction, only the right direction from your perspective. If you could get your mind in order then another direction would be better, but as things currently stand, it must modify the vector where your mind is currently going, otherwise you derail and crash.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Right on. Right is only as far as our eye can see and as clear as the evidence or the logic, or both dictates. The evidence may change, but as long as we have reason and logic as our guide, we can't be too far away from the true north.

wavelength123

How high is your BP? I don’t see anything wrong with medicine saying below 120/80 is better but I certainly think it’s asinine to pop pills for that result.

Caloric restriction (while keeping nutrients and carbs high) usually the best way to keep BP nice and low.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Uploading the PDF to the forum just in case.

Attachments

• Dr Otto Warburg The Prime Cause and Prevention of Cancer.PDF
    7.8 MB · Views: 35
OP
yerrag

yerrag

How high is your BP? I don’t see anything wrong with medicine saying below 120/80 is better but I certainly think it’s asinine to pop pills for that result.

200/130

Certainly 120/80 is indeed better, and I agree that taking taking pills to achieve that result is asinine. It's better to help the body lower the blood pressure its own way, than to force the appearance of health by medication.

Caloric restriction (while keeping nutrients and carbs high) usually the best way to keep BP nice and low.
Was that how you lowered your blood pressure? Glad it worked out well that way for you.

Uploading the PDF to the forum just in case.
Thanks Charlie!

gabys225

@yerrag I can't find the study now, but I remember reading that blood donations lower blood pressure. Obviously, reduced blood volume would read to lowered blood pressure in the short term, but the authors noticed that after several donations the pressure reached a new, lower baseline. You'll lower your iron stores as well, I think it's worth a shot.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

@yerrag I can't find the study now, but I remember reading that blood donations lower blood pressure. Obviously, reduced blood volume would read to lowered blood pressure in the short term, but the authors noticed that after several donations the pressure reached a new, lower baseline. You'll lower your iron stores as well, I think it's worth a shot.
Hypertension is a many-headed hydra. There are different causes. There is no one solution. I have to know my context to even begin the problem solving process starting with identifying the cause. Once the cause is identified, the problem can be said to be half solved. It's because I can cross out many proposed solutions, and begin implementing the solutions that are applicable. I can say however thst lowering blood volume is not a solution for me. Some may do that because their blood is too high in iron. But lowering blood volume, however, is likely to be counterproductive. Mainstream medical thought points to high blood volume as a cause of high blood pressure, but Ray Peat says it is low blood volume, and I agree with Ray Peat.

mrchibbs

Came across a reference to his speech as I was doing research on Hydrogen Peroxide. I found it to be a good read, especially as it applies to low oxygen availability to tissues, as it applies to the development of cancer. We talk a lot about lactic acid, which is the product of glycolysis and fermentation. Remember, this was 1966, more than half a century ago, and this was still a time when the National Cancer Institute was still an innocent institution, and was cooperating in finding a cure for cancer, or so it seems to me. Back then, there was great excitement that with the findings of Otto Warburg, a cure had been found for cancer.

His speech makes me feel like I'd been on a pilgrimage to a holy site where a prophet once was. The truths he spoke here, it felt like it was sacred ground. Give it a read:

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/c5040b25/files/uploaded/Dr Otto Warburg The Prime Cause and Prevention of Cancer.PDF

I think Otto Warburg's research is a powerful motivator to get your thyroid working optimally. It supports oxidation, increases blood flow, keeps the tissues warm. Basically what Otto had in mind as a cancer treatment. And Max Gerson used thyroid therapy, which is not as well known as his juices/coffee enemas. And @haidut has posted about the benefits of keeping a tumor warm.

I think Otto Warburg's research is a powerful motivator to get your thyroid working optimally. It supports oxidation, increases blood flow, keeps the tissues warm. Basically what Otto had in mind as a cancer treatment. And Max Gerson used thyroid therapy, which is not as well known as his juices/coffee enemas. And @haidut has posted about the benefits of keeping a tumor warm.

do you have any cites for Gerson's thyroid work? That really interests me. Thank you!

mrchibbs

mrchibbs

The original Gerson therapy also included ground raw liver as a "supplement" instead of the regular B12 pills.

Basically everything Max Gerson was doing was sound and useful. He's seen as a quack now, but really most of his ideas have been diluted over the decades. I wish I could find a first edition copy of his book.

Markus

Basically everything Max Gerson was doing was sound and useful. He's seen as a quack now, but really most of his ideas have been diluted over the decades. I wish I could find a first edition copy of his book.
Yes indeed!

Also, according to a nutritionist that I've worked with that has studied the original Gerson therapy protocol, it was a lot more individualized than what the generalized typical protocol is nowadays.

mrchibbs

Yes indeed!

Also, according to a nutritionist that I've worked with that has studied the original Gerson therapy protocol, it was a lot more individualized than what the generalized typical protocol is nowadays.

Absolutely. It goes far beyond carrot juice and coffee enemas.

Back
Top Bottom