Rafe

@‘peataphysique
That RP quote about Blake on the fountain metaphor for knowing really cheered me up.

@‘peataphysique
That RP quote about Blake on the fountain metaphor for knowing really cheered me up.
I am glad it did that, well, that was just an excerpt, here it is in full:

Peat, in response to Karen McC's question about what she calls "negation":

I think the concept is very simple in itself, but the problem is that it implies a cultural criticism that involves everything, biology, physics, politics, epistemology. Contraries, or different perspectives, can interact to eliminate error, in progressing. Negation is a human function that would stop the free advance of life and consciousness, opposing critical questioning and spontaneous understanding. The refusal to discuss a problem, and the many forms of censorship, and legal-economic systems that make whole courses of action impossible, are negations, that have their poisonous effects. Physiology reflects their poison, in all the ramifications of learned helplessness, restraint stress, the carcinogenic effects of work-school-media-religion-government.

Negation excludes or suppresses those complex processes of being,* and implants nothing but–at the most–obligation in their place. Undocumented aliens are negated simply, slaves and citizens are negated but with obligations. Religions tell people that their being is immaterial, a ghost that will be o.k. somewhere else forever, if they do their duty now. Having a false consciousness implanted by schools and television, labels and roles take the place of being. A sense of despair and impossibility is right behind the false consciousness.

Our surrounding context of language and culture is constantly distorting and misinterpreting anything which persists in moving toward a more expansive life.
Knowledge, a physiological thing, is expansion, and as such is always clearing away errors; when people identify with error, they see knowledge as the deadly enemy, that must be destroyed.

Blake’s idea of the “intellectual fountain” was very different from the attitude of Schopenhauer and Nietzsche (where “Will” or assertion was the fundamental reality). Blake saw it as always flowing into new territory, discovering new things, enlivening the world that’s being discovered-created. When the organism is traumatized, it hardens, and stops developing, and wants to impose its moral hardness everywhere; assertiveness is the antithesis of perceptive life, and devises ways to negate it.

In an authoritarian culture, people want you to forget who you are, so they can implant themselves without resistance. Just recognizing your own presence, to attend to them fully, is something they don’t expect; it isn’t quite like Carl Rogers’ therapeutic presence, because it’s conditional–your conscious presence is the condition. Being present and able to listen (and question and understand)* is receptive and productive, and it can even be disruptive, but it’s very different from being assertive, because it’s always hoping to open up new possibilities, rather than imposing something carried along from the past. A priest is being assertive when he says you have to take it on faith, a physics professor is being assertive when he won’t justify his assumptions–where would physics be if your assumptions had to be plausible beyond a particular culture of physics? Much of their potential imagination has been invested in thinking of ways to keep you from questioning.

Physics, in the 20th century, has taken on the Nietzchean subjectivism, claiming to quantize/digitize everything. There is no digital nature, but assertive subjectivism has effectively written quantization into the constitution of science, and into the shadow of the humanities that remains in the corporate universities. Bits of “knowledge” are sold and hoarded, and people who would show that they are something other than knowledge are treated as vandals and worse–Aaron Swartz, for example.
Enjoy. :grouphug2

Rafe

Beautiful!
Thank you for that. Reading it felt like standing on solid ground again after an unpleasant encounter today.:studying

I’ve read some of that before but I’m not sure where it comes from.

Regina

Sweet. We must all fight for Life (thus it follows also for freedom):

-Ray Peat

Reich, Murder of Christ, Pgs. 146-147.

May the luminiferous aether(Zero-Point Energy)/Orgone/The flow of negentropy/Gibbs Free Energy be with you, and all of us.

Trauma and Civilization
That reminds me of Tennyson's poem.

Flower in the crannied wall,
I pluck you out of the crannies,
I hold you here, root and all, in my hand,
Little flower—but if I could understand
What you are, root and all, and all in all,
I should know what God and man is.

But Tennyson really should "know" in an instant; no plucking necessary.

Last edited:
Beautiful!
Thank you for that. Reading it felt like standing on solid ground again after an unpleasant encounter today.:studying

I’ve read some of that before but I’m not sure where it comes from.
Oh, that makes me quite happy!

Wanna talk about that negative encounter on PM?

It's an answer Ray gave to Karen McC's (from the now defunct visionandacceptance):

That reminds me of Tennyson's poem.

Flower in the crannied wall,
I pluck you out of the crannies,
I hold you here, root and all, in my hand,
Little flower—but if I could understand
What you are, root and all, and all in all,
I should know what God and man is.

But Tennyson really should "know" in an instant; no plucking necessary.
Lovely!

In here Sheldrake hypothesizes how it is possible for flowers to posses factual beauty, considering that they precede us (all families) at least 60 million years.

This poem reminds me of the ending (and of all other episodes, but most of all, the end episode) of one of my favorite series, Texhnolyze, in which flowers carry a great deal of symbolism throughout the entire series, being that one of the main character, Ran, a seer, sells them and uses them to help the other main character, Ichise, out of a bottomless pit (quite literally, with the flowers she sent down he was able to find his way out of a sewer that was like a maze in one episode):

In episode 21, they have this exchange:

I've been above-ground.

I met my father there.

It wasn't the kind of place I could live in...

but Ran, I want to take you there.

Above-ground nobody wants to kill anybody.

Why did you look after me?

Whenever I was in trouble...

I found flowers that I'd never been able to have before.

So what choice have I got? I have to protect you.

That's why I came back.

Ran!

Sigh.
I might have a "There is no digital nature" T-shirt made.
Great idea, I will do the same, and on the back I want it to have written: "Analog boy 4life".:ss

Rafe

@‘peataphysique (I’m not sure why my keyboard can’t tag you)

Def going to make a t-shirt out of @Regina & your ideas.

I’m fine with PM so the thread can get back to itself.

milkboi

Bc if it were me, I'd start demolishing government buildings......not random peoples properties. That's why I think it doesn't add up.
I agree but there is a large part of the population, probably the majority, which supports these measures. So they are indirectly responsible too.

Jerkboy

The lunatics fired live rounds at the protesters by all accounts, the public have had enough and are becoming increasingly aggressive, in the name of self defense violence is always merited by the public.
Yes I agree. I understand the anger. It is insane suppression. Which I think will often convert into some type of energy (violence). It is automatic. Perhaps the people who create these lockdowns as punishment know this as well. I bet they do. Energy exchange.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Yes I agree. I understand the anger. It is insane suppression. Which I think will often convert into some type of energy (violence). It is automatic. Perhaps the people who create these lockdowns as punishment know this as well. I bet they do. Energy exchange.
If this was at a anti trump protest you could imagine 24/7 news coverage of cops shooting protesters, this is why the MSM is finished, they will have to force us to watch it, maybe they will!
Its plausible they want a reaction from the public, they want to end nation states in Europe and depopulate, what better way to do that than cause civil wars everywhere for a few years.

P

Peatness

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom