Need a recipe for menudo with tripe and beef feet

David

I recently purchased 1.7 lb beef tripe and 2.3 lb beef feet. I didn't know what the tripe was at the time, but thought it looked like it might be high in gelatin. Looking for recipes I found it's a main ingredient for menudo along with pig or beef feet. I'm thinking of leaving out the hominy and using some onions, ground oregano, ground cumin, ground coriander, some sort of chiles, limes, cilantro, salt and garlic along with the tripe and beef feet. Not sure what the best amounts for each ingredient would be. I see lots of variations in the recipes online. Does anyone have any experience making this and can share their recipe including how to properly prepare/clean the tripe and feet? Also is it really best to skim off all the fat?

A.R

I recently purchased 1.7 lb beef tripe and 2.3 lb beef feet. I didn't know what the tripe was at the time, but thought it looked like it might be high in gelatin. Looking for recipes I found it's a main ingredient for menudo along with pig or beef feet. I'm thinking of leaving out the hominy and using some onions, ground oregano, ground cumin, ground coriander, some sort of chiles, limes, cilantro, salt and garlic along with the tripe and beef feet. Not sure what the best amounts for each ingredient would be. I see lots of variations in the recipes online. Does anyone have any experience making this and can share their recipe including how to properly prepare/clean the tripe and feet? Also is it really best to skim off all the fat?
I know it’s been a long time since you posted this, but how did you get on?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom