Lactoferrin alleviates Western diet-induced cognitive impairment through the microbiome-gut- brain axis

Jamsey

“Lf improved the cognitive function as indicated by behavioral tests including nesting behavior test, novel object recognition test, and the Morris water maze test. It also increased the length and curvature of postsynaptic density as observed with a transmission electron microscope and upregulated the related protein expression, suggesting the improvement of the hippocampal neurons and synapses. Lf suppressed microglia activation and proliferation as revealed by immunouorescence analysis. It decreased the serum levels of pro- inammatory cytokines and downregulated their protein expressions in the hippocampus region. Lf also inhibited the activation of NF‐κB/NLRP3 inammasomes in the hippocampus. Meanwhile, WD impaired gut permeability and induced gut dysbiosis. Lf upregulated the expression of tight junction proteins, and increased the abundance of Bacteroidetes at phylum and Roseburia at genus, bothare benecial for anti- obesity, gut barrier, and cognitive function. The antibiotics supplemented in the Lf+AB group eliminated the effects of long-term Lf intervention on cognitive impairment, suggesting that gut microbiota participated in Lf action. The 2-week Lf intervention prevented WD-induced gut microbiota alteration without inducing behavioral changes; these ndings supported the timing sequence of gut microbiota to the brain. In Conclusion, our ndings demonstrated that Lf intervention alleviated cognitive impairment by inhibiting microglial activation and neuroinammation through the microbiome-gut-brain axis.”
HED was ~40mg/kg

rooz7939

This is quite interesting as it aligns to my experience with LF as of late. I've started taking high doses (1-2g) of LF lately to see if it can help my long standing digestive issues that I haven't been able to resolve; and I have noticed very clear changes. For one thing my digestive system feels a lot more "comfortable" (which I suspect has to do with low serotonin and inflammation) which is something I haven't felt in a long time. I've started to dream a lot more, or at least started to remember them, which is also I hadn't noticed in a very long time. I also generally feel happier and more sociable, and generally in a better mood (lowered serotonin?). My brain seems to function better, I can think "faster", remember thing more easily, etc.

These have been very noticeable and very consistent observations with LF for me, so I think there's definitely something to that research.

Just one thing, would you happen to know what AB stands for in that study?

OP
J

Jamsey

This is quite interesting as it aligns to my experience with LF as of late. I've started taking high doses (1-2g) of LF lately to see if it can help my long standing digestive issues that I haven't been able to resolve; and I have noticed very clear changes. For one thing my digestive system feels a lot more "comfortable" (which I suspect has to do with low serotonin and inflammation) which is something I haven't felt in a long time. I've started to dream a lot more, or at least started to remember them, which is also I hadn't noticed in a very long time. I also generally feel happier and more sociable, and generally in a better mood (lowered serotonin?). My brain seems to function better, I can think "faster", remember thing more easily, etc.

These have been very noticeable and very consistent observations with LF for me, so I think there's definitely something to that research.

Just one thing, would you happen to know what AB stands for in that study?
AB stands for antibiotics. I have also noticed better digestion and mood from lactoferrin. I think source matters too, as I have had better results from LifeGivingStore lactoferrin than I had with Jarrow.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals