J-147 a powerful experimental Neuroregnative drug derived from curcumin

Mauritio

Mauritio

Have you tried it ? I came across this thread some very positive comments . J-147 and Fisetin for Treatment Resistant Depression and Aging in General - Mental Health
Very interesting. The atp synthase, weight loss ,increase in athletic performance .
Fisetin sounds promising too. I've been struggling with a messed up sleep schedule for years, so I might give it a shot .

Btw: j-147 probably stops working with berberine since it's a 5ht1a antagonist ,so it blocks at least a part of its effects ...

@Lokzo check this out.

Mauritio

"Moreover, as recently reported by Prior et al. [17], although none of the compounds are chemically similar to monoamine oxidase B (MAOB) inhibitors or dopamine reuptake inhibitors [17], the finding that J-147 can inhibit MAOB and the dopamine transporter with EC50 values of 1.88 μM and 0.65 μM, respectively, suggests that additional preclinical safety studies are warranted.”

OP
L

Lostguy24

Very interesting. The atp synthase, weight loss ,increase in athletic performance .
Fisetin sounds promising too. I've been struggling with a messed up sleep schedule for years, so I might give it a shot .

Btw: j-147 probably stops working with berberine since it's a 5ht1a antagonist ,so it blocks at least a part of its effects ...

@Lokzo check this out.
Isn’t that one of the good serotonin receptors that decreases serotonin

OP
L

Lostguy24

"Moreover, as recently reported by Prior et al. [17], although none of the compounds are chemically similar to monoamine oxidase B (MAOB) inhibitors or dopamine reuptake inhibitors [17], the finding that J-147 can inhibit MAOB and the dopamine transporter with EC50 values of 1.88 μM and 0.65 μM, respectively, suggests that additional preclinical safety studies are warranted.”
So are mao b inhibitors any harmful by any means

Mauritio

Mauritio

B

But I’ve heard of mao b inhibitors causing terrible side effects but I don’t know
That sounds pretty vague . Citation?
Do you even know if it was due to the MAO-B inhibiton ? Most molecules have a variety of ways they affect the organism,meaning a supposed MAO-B inhibitor might affect the body in a negative way that is completely unrelated to MAO-B inhibition .

OP
L

Lostguy24

Do you even know if it was due to the MAO-B inhibiton ? Most molecules have a variety of ways they affect the organism,meaning a supposed MAO-B inhibitor might affect the body in a negative way that is completely unrelated to MAO-B inhibition .
I
well I said I didn’t know which is why I need more info

Mauritio

I have looked further into J147. This study (Error - Cookies Turned Off) actually suggests that it inhibits ATP synthase!! And it seems to cause an increase in intracellular calcium. No bueno.

You can read almost anywhere on the web that it increases ATP synthase, which would indeed be good . Here for example :
"More recently, another potential mechanism of action has been identified: J147 seems to enhance the production of ATP synthase in brain cells."
(J147: What’s The Research On J147, And How Do You Buy It?)

Here's the quote from the actual study:"

"The observation that J147 increased cytosolic Ca2+ levels likely explains the activation of CamKK2 and led us to investigate the role of CamKK2 in AMPK phosphorylation. "

"While our kinetic data demonstrating ~20% inhibition of ATP synthase activity suggest an allosteric regulation by J147, it does not exclude involvement of other protein binding partners."

On The other hand they show that ATP levels slightly increase through j147. So something must compensate for ATP synthase inhibition.

Plus ATP synthase inhibition actually seems to be neuroprtectove in a bunch of tests for what ever reason . The intracellular CA2+ increase seems to activate AMPK somehow . Maybe that helps increasing ATP.
What's also weird is that J147 increases life span about 10 or 12% in drosophila.

T The benefits might also have to do with 5ht1a agonism and MAO-B inhibition, both increasing dopamine.

IMO it seems safe for short term experimentation ,but the price is quite heavy so not sure ..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals