Internet Users Punish Wall Street Greed As Gamestop Stocks Continue Soaring

Quelsatron

I'm not going to link any article because I've mostly found this out from reddit and 4chan, but the gist of the story is that hedge fund melvin capital heavily shorted the gamestop stock, borrowing and selling 140% more stocks that exist, stocks they now have to return. Reddits r/wallstreetbets found this out and memed the hell out of this, pushing the stocks up 700% just this week, with no sign of the train stopping as the stocks are soon due to be returned.

And, of course, the media machine is bearing down on them with namecalling, lies, locking of the discord server, freezing of trading apps and so on.

I'm not going to encourage anyone to invest as I'm fairly sure I'm going to be banned for shilling, but you may want to look into the matter.

LeeLemonoil

I’ve followed that and may or may not have played along/invested.

It’s a nice move and some other stocks hold similar possibilities, like FuboTV.

There will be propaganda and backlash definitely to discredit such action in the future.

A Reddit called „wall street bets“ was my source

Atman

People think this will hurt the billionaires, while in fact it hurts the people and institutions which were invested in these funds, which could be anyone.

Perry Staltic

I see a double standard at play with the complaints. The whole point of trading is making money, which those going long on Gamestop are doing. They figured out a way to profit by making someone else lose, which is the way it's always played.

Last edited:

LeeLemonoil

RobinHood just now the these last hours disbaled byuingGamestock and some of the other equities in question. All the WallStreet insiders are now cooptin - stocks are falling massively. This is a backlash to the redditers, lets see if they hold the line.

RobinHood is dead with this.

Hugh Johnson

RobinHood just now the these last hours disbaled byuingGamestock and some of the other equities in question. All the WallStreet insiders are now cooptin - stocks are falling massively. This is a backlash to the redditers, lets see if they hold the line.

RobinHood is dead with this.
I wish I had money to gamble.

But yeah, they don't want the serfs fighting back. If this succeeds, people might realise the rulers are not invulnerable.

LeeLemonoil

I wish I had money to gamble.

But yeah, they don't want the serfs fighting back. If this succeeds, people might realise the rulers are not invulnerable.

. The redditers held the line, Stock is going up again.

This has the potential to stop heavy shortselling for good if Hedgefunds risk losing all they got.

But we will see a lot of dirty lies and framing of their cronies in the msm the coming days

LeeLemonoil

And tumbling again. Interesting spectacle.

This is a little war, with pseudo-loyalities quickly corrupted

tankasnowgod

I'm not going to link any article because I've mostly found this out from reddit and 4chan, but the gist of the story is that hedge fund melvin capital heavily shorted the gamestop stock, borrowing and selling 140% more stocks that exist, stocks they now have to return. Reddits r/wallstreetbets found this out and memed the hell out of this, pushing the stocks up 700% just this week, with no sign of the train stopping as the stocks are soon due to be returned.

And, of course, the media machine is bearing down on them with namecalling, lies, locking of the discord server, freezing of trading apps and so on.

I'm not going to encourage anyone to invest as I'm fairly sure I'm going to be banned for shilling, but you may want to look into the matter.

It's being reported as retail investors taking down hedgefunds via the internet..... but I don't think that's the full story. Naked short selling of this type happens all the time, and honestly, shorting only 140% of available stocks might be on the low end of this happening. I have heard it happens to the degree of shorting 1000 to 10,000% of shares..... or more.

There has to be some big player that's had enough of this, and starting to bring exposure to light. I don't know if that is someone like Trump and his team, Patrick Byrne, the military, white or grey hats..... but it's interesting that this is happening.

The Hunt Brothers were one of the famous firsts to expose this in the 70's, taking delivery of silver contracts, when most people never did. That's part of the reason silver prices climbed so high in a short amount of time....... there wasn't enough physical silver available to fill all of the contracts. If authorities shut down the Hunt Bros (who did nothing illegal), then they would have no problem shutting down some reddit and telegram channels.

A similar thing happened in the metals market last year. That's part of the reason you saw gold and silver prices begin to rise.

Patrick Byrne gives a great speech at CATO talking out the fraud in the markets- 32nd Annual Monetary Conference: Keynote

Robert David Steele has been talking about the process of Naked Short Selling for 9 months or so now, and has suggested that over $200 Trillion has been stolen mostly using this technique- Memorandum for the President #6: $100 Trillion in Illicit Wealth Immediately Confiscatable from Wall Street FINAL - Public Intelligence Blog

Inaut

It's being reported as retail investors taking down hedgefunds via the internet..... but I don't think that's the full story. Naked short selling of this type happens all the time, and honestly, shorting only 140% of available stocks might be on the low end of this happening. I have heard it happens to the degree of shorting 1000 to 10,000% of shares..... or more.

There has to be some big player that's had enough of this, and starting to bring exposure to light. I don't know if that is someone like Trump and his team, Patrick Byrne, the military, white or grey hats..... but it's interesting that this is happening.

The Hunt Brothers were one of the famous firsts to expose this in the 70's, taking delivery of silver contracts, when most people never did. That's part of the reason silver prices climbed so high in a short amount of time....... there wasn't enough physical silver available to fill all of the contracts. If authorities shut down the Hunt Bros (who did nothing illegal), then they would have no problem shutting down some reddit and telegram channels.

A similar thing happened in the metals market last year. That's part of the reason you saw gold and silver prices begin to rise.

Patrick Byrne gives a great speech at CATO talking out the fraud in the markets- 32nd Annual Monetary Conference: Keynote

Robert David Steele has been talking about the process of Naked Short Selling for 9 months or so now, and has suggested that over $200 Trillion has been stolen mostly using this technique- Memorandum for the President #6: $100 Trillion in Illicit Wealth Immediately Confiscatable from Wall Street FINAL - Public Intelligence Blog
I'd agree with your statement that it isn't all retail investors. I think you have a bunch of novice investors (let's call them young money) jumping on the band wagon though.

tankasnowgod

I'd agree with your statement that it isn't all retail investors. I think you have a bunch of novice investors (let's call them young money) jumping on the band wagon though.

Sure, but not enough to move 197 Million shares of a $40+ stock with no fundamentals in one day (look at Gamestop's volume candle on Jan 22).

Live stock, index, futures, Forex and Bitcoin charts on TradingView

That's $7.8 Billion dollars in a single DAY.

It's a rigged game, and these are people with little money and no experience going up against entities that essentially have unlimited amounts of money to throw at these things.

Thinking all this is just novice or retail investors is like thinking that WWF fans caused Hulk Hogan to win Wrestlemania 3 over Andre the Giant.

tankasnowgod

If that fund makes losses, everybody who owns shares will lose.
Literally true of any investment in the stock market. People shouldn't invest their money in a rigged game if they are not willing to lose it.

LeeLemonoil

Sure, but not enough to move 197 Million shares of a $40+ stock with no fundamentals in one day (look at Gamestop's volume candle on Jan 22).

Live stock, index, futures, Forex and Bitcoin charts on TradingView

That's $7.8 Billion dollars in a single DAY.

It's a rigged game, and these are people with little money and no experience going up against entities that essentially have unlimited amounts of money to throw at these things.

Thinking all this is just novice or retail investors is like thinking that WWF fans caused Hulk Hogan to win Wrestlemania 3 over Andre the Giant.

The Subreddit had 4 million users last time I checked and some millionaires are on the bandwagon. I thin it's feasible matheatically but I also suspect something else is at play

pro marker

i had a whole bunch of gamestop stock and amc stock. i have been unable to sell them away as all commision free brokers freezed our stocks. this is the most blatant, intrusive display of market manipulation in human history. i have been robbed of my money, i dont see the stock market ever beeing the same after this. millions of people have seen how unbelivably corrupt the system is now.

if they didnt block these stocks i would have turnd 500 dollars into 7000 dollars. really sucks.

Inaut

Stock market crash coming soon. It won’t matter because all of our monies will disappear just the same. Sorry though........ very sorry

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom