Increased Cancer Risk When Eating Right Before Bedtime?

Orome

Forum Supporter
Hello,

I just stumbled upon this study:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/ijc.31649

It seems that it came to the conclusion that cancer risk (for certain types) decreased with increasing time between dinner (main evening meal) and sleeping.
As my English is not that good (which is also the reason why I haven't posted here yet) I am interested about your thoughts on this study and if you have heard about it (or similar studies).
As far as I know this is contradicting Ray Peat right? At least since I follow the man (a real genius!) I always eat right before going to bed which greatly improved my sleep quality (at least on most nights).

I would be happy to hear what you think about the study.

Best,
Orome

fradon

i've heard that eating too much the food ferments in the guts and does not get absorbed or metabolized right

i've woke up feeling hung over just from eating fruit before going to bed.

OP
Orome

Orome

Forum Supporter
I think that makes sense, yes. Then the simple solution would be to stick to more easily digestible (less solid) foods before bedtime. So more like orange juice, milk with honey, ice cream etc..
If only there weren't always the cravings for starchy foods :disappointed:.

Anyway thanks for your reply.

J

jb116

I don't think this contradicts Peat actually.
I'm not keen on studies where the subjects self-report. I learned even in my nutritional courses that it is the most unreliable data.
Also the questions remain what kind of food and quantities.
Dr. Peat has also said if one is hungry before bed, one should eat and mostly carbs and some fat, lower protein and overall not a huge meal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals