Help: Friend of Mine Wakes Up to Pee 4-5x Per Night (10+ years)

tom94

Hello all

Can you help?

I have a friend who has been waking up 4-5x per night for as long as he can remember.

Diet: mainly meat, veg, fruit, eggs and dairy

Supplements: glycine, theanine, magnesium and cypro before bed

Light: AM and PM sun gazing to optimise circadian rhythms + neurotransmitter/hormonal release

Exercise: Intense early morning HIIT 2-3x per week (with a pre workout done before hand)

Stress: typical - nothing that pressing or overwhelming

Living Space: New - so seems unlikely to be mold

What could be missing?

Thanks in advance

Peating Force

Flagged as I have the same problem - minus the need to pee.
I always wake up several times during my nights. I think it started when I started drinking coffee (in my early 20s), but I may be wrong.

Lizb

I asked Ray about that along with a dementia issue. His reply:-

"Things that increase the metabolic rate improve memory, reaction time, etc., relax bladder, build muscle. Vitamin D, high calcium intake (two liters/day low fat milk), aspirin, angiotensin receptor blockers, thyroid, progesterone and DHEA (5 mg), adequate protein, bowel regularity, are important for supporting oxidative metabolism."

Constipation can press down on the bladder.
Caffeine might have an impact as might juices. r
Not dinking before bed is something to try too.

Flagged as I have the same problem - minus the need to pee.
I always wake up several times during my nights. I think it started when I started drinking coffee (in my early 20s), but I may be wrong.
Good point with the coffee! Some people metabolize it so slowly that it can last in your system even if you drink it at 7am and stop after that. Some people just shouldn’t drink it period.

S

shucknchuck

Nothing but thyroid supping and increasing calories did it for me.

I would have momentary relief with all the tricks and theories, like: gelatin, milk+honey, high protein, high fat, high carb, but nothing lasted. Just a big enough meal with improving of thyroid. I’m still not even all the way there yet (but consistently get 7+ hrs a night without getting up to go).
If you do thyroid supplements, I strongly suggest setting up a consultation with Danny, or at least checking out all his vids on the matter.

Also,if those exercises are causing your friend to pant, they are definitely producing lactic acid which will screw up metabolism big time.
Haidut has posted lots of studies on poor metabolic health of athletes and chronic work-outters.

I’m making a big assumption here, but that your friend is working out to lose weight or get/stay fit.
FWIW Danny told me in a one-on-one yesterday, in fact, that a prominent thyroid researcher (who’s name I forgot), states that the body can’t lose weight until it’s warm enough — and of course heart rate is heavily tied to that. So definitely check temps and pulse to get an idea of how seriously you may need to look at supping thyroid.

milkandeggs

Hello all

Can you help?

I have a friend who has been waking up 4-5x per night for as long as he can remember.

Diet: mainly meat, veg, fruit, eggs and dairy

Supplements: glycine, theanine, magnesium and cypro before bed

Light: AM and PM sun gazing to optimise circadian rhythms + neurotransmitter/hormonal release

Exercise: Intense early morning HIIT 2-3x per week (with a pre workout done before hand)

Stress: typical - nothing that pressing or overwhelming

Living Space: New - so seems unlikely to be mold

What could be missing?

Thanks in advance
"Water in the body occupies three major compartments--blood vessels, extracellular matrix, and the moist cell substance itself--and its condition in each compartment is a little different, and subject to variation. There are no textbooks in use in the U.S. that treat intracellular water scientifically, and the result is that physicians are confused when they see patients with edema or with disturbances in blood volume. It rarely occurs to physicians to consider disturbances of water distribution in problems such as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, sleep disturbances, frequent urination, slow bladder emptying, anxiety, paresthesia, movement disorders, the tunnel syndromes, or even slowed thinking, but "intracellular fatigue" leading to over-hydration is probably the central problem in these, and many other degenerative and inflammatory problems."

I was just reading this today, and ran across your post. Not sure if niacinimide is the missing link, but Ray mention's it quite a bit - may be worth a try. Read the entire article, if you haven't. Best of luck.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I used to have issues like that, so did my uncle, and my father.

I have resolved the problem and my uncle and Dad have improved, but they are stubborn to advice.

For me, it was a matter of increasing calcium, taking some vitamin D, and most importantly, eating before bedtime something that has carbs, protein and fat. Something as simple as a half a bagel and cream cheese, or sourdough bread and hard cheese does the trick.

My uncle and Dad started doing the bedtime snack but not the calcium / vitamin D and it helped quite a bit for them. For me, it's the Peaty lifestyle as per LizB's quote from Ray... Improving one's metabolism and health tends to help that issue.

Edit: On gut irritation: yep, it does keep me up. Charcoal and calcium help in such unfortunate events.

hierundjetzt

I used to have issues like that, so did my uncle, and my father.

I have resolved the problem and my uncle and Dad have improved, but they are stubborn to advice.

For me, it was a matter of increasing calcium, taking some vitamin D, and most importantly, eating before bedtime something that has carbs, protein and fat. Something as simple as a half a bagel and cream cheese, or sourdough bread and hard cheese does the trick.

My uncle and Dad started doing the bedtime snack but not the calcium / vitamin D and it helped quite a bit for them. For me, it's the Peaty lifestyle as per LizB's quote from Ray... Improving one's metabolism and health tends to help that issue.

Edit: On gut irritation: yep, it does keep me up. Charcoal and calcium help in such unfortunate events.
Do you mean calcium from food sources, or calcium supplements?

Jennifer

Nothing but thyroid supping and increasing calories did it for me.

I would have momentary relief with all the tricks and theories, like: gelatin, milk+honey, high protein, high fat, high carb, but nothing lasted. Just a big enough meal with improving of thyroid. I’m still not even all the way there yet (but consistently get 7+ hrs a night without getting up to go).
If you do thyroid supplements, I strongly suggest setting up a consultation with Danny, or at least checking out all his vids on the matter.

Also,if those exercises are causing your friend to pant, they are definitely producing lactic acid which will screw up metabolism big time.
Haidut has posted lots of studies on poor metabolic health of athletes and chronic work-outters.

I’m making a big assumption here, but that your friend is working out to lose weight or get/stay fit.
FWIW Danny told me in a one-on-one yesterday, in fact, that a prominent thyroid researcher (who’s name I forgot), states that the body can’t lose weight until it’s warm enough — and of course heart rate is heavily tied to that. So definitely check temps and pulse to get an idea of how seriously you may need to look at supping thyroid.

My dad and I share a similar experience. Prior to thyroid supplementation, I needed a lot of calories and carbs to make it through the night without needing to pee, and my dad stopped waking during the night to pee when I had him start supplementing thyroid. I don’t even need to pee first thing in the morning—I usually go about 2–3 hours after getting up—and even my daytime peeing has greatly decreased. I consume around 4 liters of liquid daily and only pee roughly 3-4x a day now whereas prior to thyroid supplementation, there was a point when I was needing to pee every hour, and I wasn’t consuming nearly as much liquid as I do now.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
My dad and I share a similar experience. Prior to thyroid supplementation, I needed a lot of calories and carbs to make it through the night without needing to pee, and my dad stopped waking during the night to pee when I had him start supplementing thyroid. I don’t even need to pee first thing in the morning—I usually go about 2–3 hours after getting up—and even my daytime peeing has greatly decreased. I consume around 4 liters of liquid daily and only pee roughly 3-4x a day now whereas prior to thyroid supplementation, there was a point when I was needing to pee every hour, and I wasn’t consuming nearly as much liquid as I do now.
Affirms what Ray said above in a way, right? Metabolic function - from Lizb's post.
Do you mean calcium from food sources, or calcium supplements?
Mostly food - supplement when I eat meat on the go without any dietary source.

Jennifer

Affirms what Ray said above in a way, right? Metabolic function - from Lizb's post.

Yes, I think so. It seems to me it improved our ability to store glycogen in our livers and my rate of evaporation, suggesting improved metabolic function.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Yes, I think so. It seems to me it improved our ability to store glycogen in our livers and my rate of evaporation, suggesting improved metabolic function.
Makes sense, especially given my experience with night time snacking, reinforcing glycogen stores before the sleep darkness and fast.

S

shucknchuck

That’s awesome.

A lot of people who complain about failure of applying Ray’s principles, really don’t look at the nuance of thyroid.

He’s only asking for like 3 mcg’s of t3 for a few years to reverse the low energy state that’s been 90 years in the making.

GTW

My brother started CPAP and went the whole night without peeing. ie, sleep apnea
However, that was not my problem.
Inflammation in bladder colon pelvic region. Pressure from bloating and or inflammation triggers urination.
Alkaline seltzer, citrate, results in alkaline urine relieving inflammation and some UTI. If you drank a pint or cup 2 hours before bed and only peed once or twice all night that would be progress.
Also first three hours uninterrupted sleep is most valuable. Natural GH for healing, recovery.

Last edited:

Don

Aspirin, gelatin, magnesium, cascara, vit k2, thyroid, some sweet carbs or ice cream or milk all help with sleep. Tsp of salt before bed help some with urination. Consider researching melatonin, I know I know many on here view as toxic, but there is a lot of people having amazing results with all kinds of things with it.
Obviously as much sun as you can get and blue blockers or red glasses at night.

Jennifer

That’s awesome.

A lot of people who complain about failure of applying Ray’s principles, really don’t look at the nuance of thyroid.

He’s only asking for like 3 mcg’s of t3 for a few years to reverse the low energy state that’s been 90 years in the making.

Thank you. :)

It’s nuanced, for sure. I suspect the complaining is out of frustration. It’s hard when we don’t have a science background to understand complex biological processes, especially when ill—I’m looking at you brain fog :mad:—so I think members here are rockstars just for attempting to better their condition. Sadly, most sick people I know outside of health forums would rather take dangerous drugs and deal with surgeries than let go of what they know isn’t serving them well.

S

shucknchuck

Thank you. :)

It’s nuanced, for sure. I suspect the complaining is out of frustration. It’s hard when we don’t have a science background to understand complex biological processes, especially when ill—I’m looking at you brain fog :mad:—so I think members here are rockstars just for attempting to better their condition. Sadly, most sick people I know outside of health forums would rather take dangerous drugs and deal with surgeries than let go of what they know isn’t serving them well.
true true. When I had a consult with the Peaty health practitioner, I was almost embarrassed by some of the things I just ignored that were foundational to my health, and I had to humbly acknowledge that indeed, my terrible brain fog kept me from going for simple logical solutions first, and running to popular low effort supplements for years into knowing about Peat!!!

That's why now I suggest a consultation for anyone!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom