Governor Abbott Lifts Mask Mandate, Opens Texas 100 Percent

Mito

Governor Greg Abbott today issued an Executive Order (GA-34) lifting the mask mandate in Texas and increasing capacity of all businesses and facilities in the state to 100 percent. The Governor made the announcement at Montelongo's Mexican Restaurant in Lubbock in an address to the Lubbock Chamber of Commerce.

"With the medical advancements of vaccines and antibody therapeutic drugs, Texas now has the tools to protect Texans from the virus,” said Governor Abbott. "We must now do more to restore livelihoods and normalcy for Texans by opening Texas 100 percent. Make no mistake, COVID-19 has not disappeared, but it is clear from the recoveries, vaccinations, reduced hospitalizations, and safe practices that Texans are using that state mandates are no longer needed. Today's announcement does not abandon safe practices that Texans have mastered over the past year. Instead, it is a reminder that each person has a role to play in their own personal safety and the safety of others. With this executive order, we are ensuring that all businesses and families in Texas have the freedom to determine their own destiny."

cjm

Rapid response hospital staffing is down, from personal observations being in the recruiting industry. The city of Dallas (and their Advisory Council) will be renewing about half of their COVID-specific temp ER staff come March 31 and lowering pay rates. The premium on front-line staff pay is usually double normal rates, and overtime got extremely lucrative for folks that were asked to shelter in place during the recent snowstorm. I paid one EMT over $3,000 for one week of "work" -- 110 hours logged and he was sheltered, aka not really working, for 72 hours, Mon-Wed). Speaking of "work," anecdotally there is a ton of standing around, palling around in the back hallway, leaving the temps to do the work, which there was plenty of, but not for the staff levels they requested. My agency alone staffed 2,000 people for rapid response just in Dallas/Fort Worth and some outliers, and projections are that 800 might make the cut. They might retain half of that after the pay cut. And I bet those people are still twiddling their thumbs for most of the day!

Fred

The lifting of the mandates is almost certainly a trap. They will ramp up testing or introduce a new variant and then say "see ... look what happens when you have too much freedom".

tankasnowgod

The lifting of the mandates is almost certainly a trap. They will ramp up testing or introduce a new variant and then say "see ... look what happens when you have too much freedom".

Maybe, but there isn't really much point to traps at this point. They could tell people pretty much anything at this point, and followers would do it.

"The only way to truly stop the spread is to starve out the virus. Therefore, we are asking everyone to go without any food or water for 6 months. We are confident this will slow the spread."

Tell them they have to walk around on their hands. That only heat can sterilize the virus, so they must live in their ovens. Breathing is a major route of transmission, so everyone, just stop breathing!

Perry Staltic

article-8144-1.jpg

tankasnowgod

I mean, whats wrong with the videos? They are not machines that can work 24 hours a day.

Right? I always enjoy when Firefighters make Tiktok videos of silly dances right in front of a massive fire they are supposed to be putting out, and letting it burn to the ground instead. They are obviously paid to waste time make throwaway internet content, not, you know, fight fires or something.

tankasnowgod

Lee Simeon

Right? I always enjoy when Firefighters make Tiktok videos of silly dances right in front of a massive fire they are supposed to be putting out, and letting it burn to the ground instead. They are obviously paid to waste time make throwaway internet content, not, you know, fight fires or something.
Do you not have breaks at work?

tankasnowgod

Sure, but I'm not trying to run a fake pandemic here, and convince everyone I'm a "Frontline Hero" by doing nothing and ignoring my patients while I try to get Youtube ad revenue.

Remember how they sold this nonsense? "Our healthcare system will be overrun! It's going to be a disaster!"

They sold it as a war. If they were true "Frontline Heroes" in a real pandemic, they should be run ragged, barely have time to eat and sleep. Not auditioning to get their own version of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians."

Last edited:

apr

Due to uncontrolled border crossing, I fear the rate in Texas will rise. But they will blame it on the re opening for sure. Fla and other southern states are sure to do well.

tankasnowgod

I'll put it this way........ I'm not allowed to go to a movie theater because of this "pandemic," so it's extra insulting that doctors and nurses are allowed to make mini-movies while on duty, in the "warzone."

Perry Staltic

I mean, whats wrong with the videos? They are not machines that can work 24 hours a day.

Best case, the participants were extremely tone deaf to the gravity of the situation; worst case, they were complicit in the corruption by not blowing the whistle on the fraud, like Dr. Kyle-Sidell had the moral courage to do.

dfspcc20

Now if only he was serious about overhauling ERCOT, the Public Utility Commission, the Railroad Commission...
At least we got good Ted Cruz memes out of it.

mrchibbs

From my experience working at hospitals, health care workers are deified while on the job the majority just lounge around, while a few do all the hard work.

Lee Simeon

Sure, but I'm not trying to run a fake pandemic here, and convince everyone I'm a "Frontline Hero" by doing nothing and ignoring my patients while I try to get Youtube ad revenue.

Remember how they sold this nonsense? "Our healthcare system will be overrun! It's going to be a disaster!"

They sold it as a war. If they were true "Frontline Heroes" in a real pandemic, they should be run ragged, barely have time to eat and sleep. Not auditioning to get their own version of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians."
I dont think the nurses are trying to convince anyone. They are not calling themselves hero, not everyone around them. And what do you mean by doing nothing and ignoring patients? I dont think tik-toks are evidence of that.

Perry Staltic

It's been 3 weeks and cases are still going down. This is a fun look back at the failed prognostications of the pernicious doomsayers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom