Does Weather Effect Moods ?

Frankdee20

Springtime in NYC is awful, it is just another reason for me to hate this ***t City. I am a cranky son of a b**** today. It is always ******* grey, and cloudy, and overcast here. Anytime it goes from sunny to cloudy, I can feel changes in the back of my eyes and I get miserable and blah, and sleepy, and cranky. What causes this ?

lampofred

I love gray, cloudy, rainy weather... it's so peaceful...

Sun = anxiety

LUH 3417

Whoa I am in nyc and very depressed today too. I think the buildings giving the sensation that something is alwAys crushing you or about to topple on your head adds to my moodiness. I need a hot chocolate pronto.

InChristAlone

I don't know how anyone could live in NYC. Such a freaking nanny state. And yes gray weather does affect the mood. I'm not sure how anyone could get anxiety from sunshine. They obviously have majorly bad antioxidant status.

tankasnowgod

Springtime in NYC is awful, it is just another reason for me to hate this ***t City. I am a cranky son of a b**** today. It is always ******* grey, and cloudy, and overcast here. Anytime it goes from sunny to cloudy, I can feel changes in the back of my eyes and I get miserable and blah, and sleepy, and cranky. What causes this ?

Lack of sunlight is a well established factor for poor mood as you describe. Look up "Seasonal Affective Disorder." All the "Light Therapy" machines and lamps are based on this concept. Although, a lot of them are pure blue light, so I'm wary of them at this point. A blue SAD light might still be okay if it were paired with red of infrared, but I'm not sure about this.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

It’s an awful place to live and I am just saving money to move out eventually. Living at home until then.

M

member 2106

Does weather affect mood?

Try living on the west coast of Scotland.

Yes, it does.

FinnRooney

I don't think the actually 'greyness' affects mood, cold weather doesn't affect my mood. What affects my mood is actually being COLD, once I'm cold, thats when I feel depressed, if I can stay warm in cold weather, i LOVE the clouds/rain.
Cold weather of course makes you more suseptible to being cold. Being cold is very emotionally depressing.

kaybb

Barameteic pressure changes (come with weather patterns), for me.. cloudy, snow, rain .. cause me to get migraines, vertigo, cripling fatigue and depression. I’ve had to early retire . I go to a neurologist with a whole practice of people like me. I live in USA West and very stormy place. It’s not in your head ... but it is :) . Searching forum to try and find out why??!!!! Medicines only go so far. I would move, but husband’s work, and all my kids/grandkids here. I’d be happy Migraine free and very lonely. Have you tried the suggestions of CO2 treatments ? Or found anything else ? Does it lift when clouds lift? Like immediately? Mine does .... til next storm. I’m a completely different person when it lifts. Happy and energetic, can’t get enough of life.... then bam, death wish

somuch4food

Barameteic pressure changes (come with weather patterns), for me.. cloudy, snow, rain .. cause me to get migraines, vertigo, cripling fatigue and depression. I’ve had to early retire . I go to a neurologist with a whole practice of people like me. I live in USA West and very stormy place. It’s not in your head ... but it is :) . Searching forum to try and find out why??!!!! Medicines only go so far. I would move, but husband’s work, and all my kids/grandkids here. I’d be happy Migraine free and very lonely. Have you tried the suggestions of CO2 treatments ? Or found anything else ? Does it lift when clouds lift? Like immediately? Mine does .... til next storm. I’m a completely different person when it lifts. Happy and energetic, can’t get enough of life.... then bam, death wish

Reducing carotenoids did help me with that. Anf maybe reducing PUFA...

kaybb

Reducing carotenoids did help me with that. Anf maybe reducing PUFA...
I avoid PUFA, my diet is Ray Peat influenced for last 5 yrs. How did you reduce carotenoids?
Did you have Migraine/Vertigo from barameteic changes ?

somuch4food

I avoid PUFA, my diet is Ray Peat influenced for last 5 yrs. How did you reduce carotenoids?
Did you have Migraine/Vertigo from barameteic changes ?

No. Some fatigue and depression. When younger, I sometimes could tell it would, I felt the pressure change, it made me uneasy.

I avoided most colorful fruits and vegetables at the beginning, now I need to be careful with carrots and greens, but I'm fine with medium carotenoids intake like oranje juice, tomatoes...

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Well I’m in Sarasota Florida now, and it’s been an atypical Winter. December and January rained a lot, and it has been warmer than normal. It’s 81 today but subtropical overcast grey humid skies. I am blah and laying down

kaybb

No. Some fatigue and depression. When younger, I sometimes could tell it would, I felt the pressure change, it made me uneasy.

I avoided most colorful fruits and vegetables at the beginning, now I need to be careful with carrots and greens, but I'm fine with medium carotenoids intake like oranje juice, tomatoes...
Wow, that gets me thinking how my diet does have colorful fruit and veg in it every day. The carrots,OJ, tomatoes... no greens. I haven’t tried paying attention to carontenouds. Worth a try.

kaybb

Well I’m in Sarasota Florida now, and it’s been an atypical Winter. December and January rained a lot, and it has been warmer than normal. It’s 81 today but subtropical overcast grey humid skies. I am blah and laying down
Have you tried the Red Light lamps?

Dave Clark

I think this is also referred to as geopathic stress. You have heard how some people with arthritis can tell when a rain system is coming before it even gets there, well, I have read that a lot of people with some of these newer autoimmune diseases are having this issue as well, feeling bad as a result of weather changes. It also depends on where you live, not necessarily because of weather, but how ley lines intersect under the earth where you live, plus other energies of the earth that can affect your bioenergetic homeostasis.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I think this is also referred to as geopathic stress. You have heard how some people with arthritis can tell when a rain system is coming before it even gets there, well, I have read that a lot of people with some of these newer autoimmune diseases are having this issue as well, feeling bad as a result of weather changes. It also depends on where you live, not necessarily because of weather, but how ley lines intersect under the earth where you live, plus other energies of the earth that can affect your bioenergetic homeostasis.

I agree, I used to get joint pains and my TMJ would flare up when it was about to rain. I no longer get this, just a variant of seasonal affective disorder here and there.

somuch4food

Wow, that gets me thinking how my diet does have colorful fruit and veg in it every day. The carrots,OJ, tomatoes... no greens. I haven’t tried paying attention to carontenouds. Worth a try.

Lutein seems especially bad for me, it makes me depressed and my tolerance of it is higher during the summer. Lycopene is fine though. Tomato products are great for me.

There is also multiple mentions on thw forum of beta carotene being bad for hypothyroid people. I don't remember the details.

kaybb

Lutein seems especially bad for me, it makes me depressed and my tolerance of it is higher during the summer. Lycopene is fine though. Tomato products are great for me.

There is also multiple mentions on thw forum of beta carotene being bad for hypothyroid people. I don't remember the details.
I’ve read that also, I take thyroid for Hoshimotos diagnoses. I try not to over do beta carotene. Sweet potatoes once in a while. I’m wondering if it will make a difference with Migraine Vertigo. I’m on aimovig injections which have helped the most out of anything so far. Just need higher dose or something else I’m missing

hei

I feel calmer and more energetic when it's cloudy, even better if it's raining. Bright or direct sunlight makes me feel anxious, irritable and sad.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom