Dave's Recovery Log - April 2016

DaveFoster

I'm recovering quite well from the stressful events in my life over the past month. I've cut out all supplements for a week, and I'm going to reintroduce them.

I'm going to keep this log short, so I'll have an incentive to update it regularly. All the doses will be conservative, and I'm going to slowly titrate up.

STATS:

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 190
Bodyfat: 16% (approx.)

DIET:

1 gallon skim milk (1230 kcal)
2 containers pulp-free frozen OJ concentrate (1320 kcal)
3 TBSP fully-hydrogenated coconut oil (240 kcal)
1 TBSP baking soda
2 raw carrots via carrot salad (vinegar, salt, CO)

Day 1 (4/5/2016):

8 mg niacinamide
2 TBSP CO

Last edited:
OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Day 1 (4/5/2016):

upload_2016-4-6_9-0-58.png

Symptoms: Transient chest pain, hypertension, dizziness, mood swings, cold hands and feet, poor sleep quality.

I'm tapering down on cyproheptadine, so I can expect these symptoms to not improve for another week or so.

Last edited:

dookie

Maybe these symptoms:

Symptoms: Transient chest pain, hypertension, dizziness, mood swings, cold hands and feet, poor sleep quality.

Are due to this diet?

DIET:

1 gallon skim milk (1230 kcal)
2 containers pulp-free frozen OJ concentrate (1320 kcal)
3 TBSP fully-hydrogenated coconut oil (240 kcal)
1 TBSP baking soda
2 raw carrots via carrot salad (vinegar, salt, CO)

Your diet is practically liquid based, and you are consuming more than 5 quarts of liquid per day :|

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Maybe these symptoms:

Are due to this diet?

Your diet is practically liquid based, and you are consuming more than 5 quarts of liquid per day :|
Could be. I think the caloric density is sufficient, and I still get thirsty on occasion. I usually use the milk to quench my thirst, while I "eat" the blend of OJ concentrate, milk, and CO.

Day 2 (4/6/2015)

8 mg niacinamide (horrible decision; it left me with a resting heart rate of 134, and I called the paramedics)
7 TSP CO

upload_2016-4-7_9-1-20.png

I'm going to avoid all supplements for the next couple weeks.

Symptoms: Transient chest pain, panic attacks, lethargy, tachycardia, cold hands and feet (low pulse pressure in morning, so probably hypothyroid), anxiety, cognitive difficulties, mood swings, difficulty breathing

Kasper

8 mg niacinamide (horrible decision; it left me with a resting heart rate of 134, and I called the paramedics)

8 mg is very little no?

Have you thought about adding stuff like eggs, mushrooms, oysters, liver?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

8 mg is very little no?

I have; at this rate, I'll probably need to. I ate a couple eggs yesterday; it didn't bother me one way or another. I'm making sure I get all my nutrients through Cronometer.

Diokine

8mg of niacinamide? That hardly seems like a physiological dose.

Re; chest pain, breathing problems, tachycardia. Check out the mechanisms behind Prinzmetal's angina and coronary vasospasm. Your andrenergic tone sounds pretty jacked up in general. You need to take it easy. If you've been pushing things that sequester nitric oxide, and you are not making appropriate CO2, you could be setting yourself up for bigger problems. Small doses (1-2G) of taurine, along with some arginine (500mg should be enough,) will probably help with the cardiac symptoms.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@Diokine Thanks for the info. I'll bring that up with my psychiatrist tomorrow; I have an appointment with my doctor in a week.

Definitely excessive andrenergic activity. I wish I could take it easy, but I'm in college. I make sure to take breaks and get to bed on time to get plenty of sleep. I'm considering withdrawing for a term and coming back, but I don't really want to do that.

Cyproheptadine helps, and I only take enough so I can keep my BP at about 120/80. I'm just going to wait and see if everything improves.

Do you know how long it usually takes for sympathetic responses to go away? It's been about 12 days.

James_001

@Diokine Thanks for the info. I'll bring that up with my psychiatrist tomorrow; I have an appointment with my doctor in a week.

Definitely excessive andrenergic activity. I wish I could take it easy, but I'm in college. I make sure to take breaks and get to bed on time to get plenty of sleep. I'm considering withdrawing for a term and coming back, but I don't really want to do that.

Cyproheptadine helps, and I only take enough so I can keep my BP at about 120/80. I'm just going to wait and see if everything improves.

Do you know how long it usually takes for sympathetic responses to go away? It's been about 12 days.

Bro I've been dealing with excessive andregenic activity for years, this ***t just doesn't go away for some people....

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Bro I've been dealing with excessive andregenic activity for years, this **** just doesn't go away for some people....
Sorry to hear that, James.

It's kind of nice to hear that, though. You're still alive, so a month of stress won't be impossible to deal with.

What's helped the most for you? Whenever I try to lower the stress response with supplements, I end up almost passing out and going to the ER.

BobbyDukes

Of course he means 8g of niacinamide. Have none of you come across Dave before on this forum? When he first joined the forum, he was on about 7 quarts of liquid each day, or something heroic like that. This guy would never take 8mg of niacinamide.

Although, confusingly, he mentioned 8mg twice. Was the 8mg, your cyproheptadine dose, Dave? (You got niacinamide/cyproheptadine doses mixed up?)

Anyway, get well soon, Dave. Hopefully you work it out.

tara

hypertension
When you say hypertension, what are you going by? None of those readings look alarmingly high?

You getting salt with anything other than your carrot salad? Do feel like you would enjoy a bit more?

+1

Of course he means 8g of niacinamide. Have none of you come across Dave before on this forum? When he first joined the forum, he was on about 7 quarts of liquid each day, or something heroic like that. This guy would never take 8mg of niacinamide.
He's sworn off the extremes since then, though, so surely he wouldn't be still taking 8g niacinamide? Surely?

thegiantess

I have seen a fair amount of posts where you're seemingly experimenting with different caloric intake/obscure drugs, etc. May I ask what the goal is? You seem to be chasing your own tail a bit. What exactly are you trying to achieve? This is not intended to read as snarky, of course tone doesn't come through. I'm genuinely curious.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

33 mg of niacinamide (1/64 tsp [a drop]) into a 1 pint container or OJ. One drink. approximately 4-8 mg.

@BobbyDukes Thanks, Bobby.

@tara
No extremes. Rice, milk, OJ, butter, coconut oil, salt. I'm taking cyproheptadine, and the doctor just gave me Ativan (lorazepam) for short-term control of the symptoms; it's working. I'm taking a small dose.

My numbers are pre-hypertensive w/ lots of cyproheptadine. They're pretty unbelievable without it. Up to 200/110 at one point but usually around 150/90

@thegiantess

I've had some issues with parental abuse in my past, so I have depression and social anxiety. My father has Stage 4 Alzheimer's (4 years ago, so it's progressed since then), my mother and brother are dead. I've always been a little autistic besides that. Originally, I wanted to become a valuable person by optimizing my biology, but this does not end up with fulfilling and genuine relationships; it just leads to more stress and obsession.

I'm trying to find a way to help as many people as I can, and I think becoming a doctor will allow me to do that.

Last edited:
Dave have you done bag breathing. Your bp and stress would probably resolve with Buteyko breathing exercises over a month or two.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
'm trying to find a way to help as many people as I can, and I think becoming a doctor will allow me to do that.
I'm not trying to discourage you but I got into the medical field (not a doctor) for much the same reason and the grand illusion of being able to help people quickly shattered. You can help people more by doing lots of other types of work. Doctors in the U.S. are highly constrained by regulating bodies. It's a very authoritarian environment where I'm afraid you might end up feeling stifled. Haidut has written about changing his mind about becoming a doctor because of their high rate of suicide and I'm sure he helps more people than most doctors anyway. It's a lot of schooling time and money to waste for something that is not what we have been led to believe. A Peat knowledgeable doctor would be nice to have around though. :2cents: Just some food for thought.

skycop00

I enrolled in a medical profession and was appalled. IT was the antithesis of what I was all about. I finally withdrew 4 months shy of graduation because I no longer had the desire to surf in shark infested waters

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Dave have you done bag breathing. Your bp and stress would probably resolve with Buteyko breathing exercises over a month or two.
Bag breathing helps. I will do it more regularly.

I'm not trying to discourage you but I got into the medical field (not a doctor) for much the same reason and the grand illusion of being able to help people quickly shattered. You can help people more by doing lots of other types of work. Doctors in the U.S. are highly constrained by regulating bodies. It's a very authoritarian environment where I'm afraid you might end up feeling stifled. Haidut has written about changing his mind about becoming a doctor because of their high rate of suicide and I'm sure he helps more people than most doctors anyway. It's a lot of schooling time and money to waste for something that is not what we have been led to believe. A Peat knowledgeable doctor would be nice to have around though. :2cents: Just some food for thought.
That's interesting. I wish I could help people outside of being a doctor; the problem is that nobody listens to people without credentials. I'm passionate about medicine, so I can't imagine another field for me. Maybe research would be something I could look into.

I enrolled in a medical profession and was appalled. IT was the antithesis of what I was all about. I finally withdrew 4 months shy of graduation because I no longer had the desire to surf in shark infested waters
Could you elaborate a little more if you don't mind?

Day 3 (4/7/2016)

upload_2016-4-8_11-55-41.png

My thermometer broke, and I ordered a new one.

Symptoms: Panic attacks, dizziness, anxiety, hypertension, chest pain, scalp sensitivity, muscle twitches, neck pain, back pain

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-8_11-53-34.png
    upload_2016-4-8_11-53-34.png
    2 KB · Views: 41
Dave, my health was terrible and it ALL turned around with Buteyko. I mean, everything. I stopped many medications and have been healthy to this day. And I've helped LOTS of people with this. I have zero doubt that you will be a different person. I'd pursue it with a Frolov or Breathslim device, and work at it, and you will find amazing changes. I've had much greater improvement with that than anything in my whole life.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom