Blackstrap molasses has 20/1 Ca/P ratio, 100% rda Mg per 100g and many other nutrients, and its dirt cheap!

A

Adf

Has anyone mentioned the elephant in the room, acrylamide that is supposedly in Blackstrap molasses?

Possible risks​

Blackstrap molasses contains very high levels of the chemical acrylamide, which may be carcinogenic (19).

Acrylamide forms in foods when sugars and the amino acid asparagine are subjected to certain high heat cooking methods, such as frying, roasting, and baking (20Trusted Source).

Other foods high in acrylamides include breakfast cereals, french fries, potato chips, and cookies (19).

While studies suggest that high doses of dietary acrylamides cause cancer in rodents, results from human studies are mixed on whether eating foods high in acrylamides increases the risk of cancer (21).

Last edited by a moderator:

oxphoser

I havent been able to find good dietary Mg source, cacao is ok but I dont know if its very bioavailable since cacao has phytates etc. But yes you are right, its a matter of weighing the positives and negatives. Too bad there isnt enough info on many foods, so you just gotta see if you react well or bad to something. I have to think that 50g of molasses is better than 95% of the foods people eat in modern countries. So far it seems I have no allergic reactions or anything, so I will keep it as one of the carb sources as long as no problem arises
An 8 ounce (219 ml) glass of 2% milk contains about 27 mg of magnesium. I often hear Dr Peat saying he drinks a gallon. That means he’s getting 448 mg of magnesium in the milk which is definitely enough Mg for one day.

OP
D

DonLore

An 8 ounce (219 ml) glass of 2% milk contains about 27 mg of magnesium. I often hear Dr Peat saying he drinks a gallon. That means he’s getting 448 mg of magnesium in the milk which is definitely enough Mg for one day.
Doesnt the calcium lower mg absorption? Anyhow, I cant drink more than 1liter of milk daily right now. If I add some molasses, I easily double the mg amount

oxphoser

Doesnt the calcium lower mg absorption? Anyhow, I cant drink more than 1liter of milk daily right now. If I add some molasses, I easily double the mg amount
On Patrick Timpone’s show, on March 23, 2022, at around the 43 minute mark, someone asked Dr Peat “Does calcium affect the absorption of magnesium?” Dr Peat said, “Milk has a ratio of 10:1 calcium to magnesium, but still, the body can sort it out. You can get all the magnesium you need from milk.”

I know what you mean about all that liquid though.

oxphoser

If you are drinking 1 liter of milk (about 33 ounces) you are getting about 156 mg magnesium. You’d only need another 250 mg to get to 400.

OP
D

DonLore

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom