Haidut Interview Bioenergetics & Supplements - Georgi Dinkov Part 2 - Hair Loss Remedy, Gut, Thyroid Health & more!

David PS

Posted on YouTube on Feb 20, 2023

"Georgi Dinkov is definitely an expert in biohacking and it’s amazing how he knows all this despite having a degree in IT instead of a degree related to medicine and biochemistry. Let's break down more of his wonderful IdeaLabs products in Part 2 of our "prod-cast" to help you navigate your health!"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BosbXQ4VoRI

Last edited:

LadyRae

It was a great interview - he discussed Diamant, Quinine, Kuinone, Tyronene/Tyromax/Mix, Camphosal, and his fundamental basis for all his products. Energy. Supporting the 30+ steps between food and energy.

AnonE

Sorry but just from your title and the video thumbnail - shouldn't this guy have regrown some hair by now if he's involved in hair regrowth?

Same for metabolism, if you're a pro-metabolism guru shouldn't you not be overweight?

*thinking face emoji*

A-Tim

Sorry but just from your title and the video thumbnail - shouldn't this guy have regrown some hair by now if he's involved in hair regrowth?

Same for metabolism, if you're a pro-metabolism guru shouldn't you not be overweight?

*thinking face emoji*
Since this place is a community, and Haidut is a long-time member of the the community, you would do well to show a little tact.

If I recall correctly, I remember him talking about his hair on a podcast. He finds he gets some regrowth during the sunny parts of the year but it goes away during the non-sunny parts of the year. So it seems in his case, the pro-metabolic substances aren't enough to outweigh the lack of exposure to sunlight throughout the year.

Regina

Posted on YouTube on Feb 20, 2023

"Georgi Dinkov is definitely an expert in biohacking and it’s amazing how he knows all this despite having a degree in IT instead of a degree related to medicine and biochemistry. Let's break down more of his wonderful IdeaLabs products in Part 2 of our "prod-cast" to help you navigate your health!"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BosbXQ4VoRI

Awesome.
Thank you Georgi! Thank you Jodelle!

AnonE

Since this place is a community, and Haidut is a long-time member of the the community, you would do well to show a little tact.

If I recall correctly, I remember him talking about his hair on a podcast. He finds he gets some regrowth during the sunny parts of the year but it goes away during the non-sunny parts of the year. So it seems in his case, the pro-metabolic substances aren't enough to outweigh the lack of exposure to sunlight throughout the year.

I'm fully aware. But I think it's time someone says what must be on other people's minds?? Furthermore I'm sure there are plenty of people doing just fine with respect to vitamin D levels in Washington or where ever he lives.

Maybe I'm just the weird one. But I'd find it suspicious for someone not-rich to be giving me financial advice, ya know...

Apple

Maybe I'm just the weird one. But I'd find it suspicious for someone not-rich to be giving me financial advice, ya know...
You should rather be suspicious with an advice on hairregrowth from those youtube retards who got hair transplants, just to falsely demonstrate they are healthy :)
At least Georgi is honest to himself and to others.

AnonE

You should rather be suspicious with an advice on hairregrowth from those youtube retards who got hair transplants, just to falsely demonstrate they are healthy :)
At least Georgi is honest to himself and to others.

For sure, and I don't trust people who have never had real hair loss (alopecia) in the first place...

Don't get me wrong I'm still a fan of the man's work and summaries of the research and even bought some of his products. But he'd do so well to trim down a bit and bring out those Bulgarian muscles lol. And it'd help convince others that Peat-inspired ideas are worthwhile - need more before-and-afters.

Michael Mohn

But I think it's time someone says what must be on other people's minds??

I think you should do some reading first before you post a sarcastic, lazy comment about another forum member.

All the dummies posting the exact same comment about Georgi's hair and stature would fill the longest and most boring thread on this forum.

Last edited:

OccamzRazer

But I'd find it suspicious for someone not-rich to be giving me financial advice, ya know...
Agree with this concept, or at least a similar one!

I wouldn't take financial advice from a broke older person,
Nor would I take health advice from an unhealthy younger person.

Georgi didn't find Peat until a little later in life, correct? Perhaps the damage had already been done, but it would be nice if he had more tangible reversals of health conditions...

AnonE

Agree with this concept, or at least a similar one!

I wouldn't take financial advice from a broke older person,
Nor would I take health advice from an unhealthy younger person.

Georgi didn't find Peat until a little later in life, correct? Perhaps the damage had already been done, but it would be nice if he had more tangible reversals of health conditions...

Yeah that pretty much sums up my thoughts.

And for my other controversial take... I don't think that Danny Roddy guy ever had real alopecia hair loss. I think he was just undernourished for a short period of time doing his rock band thing (and maybe taking drugs, who knows) which led to short term shedding. He probably could have done anything close to normal to reverse it.

tallglass13

I'm fully aware. But I think it's time someone says what must be on other people's minds?? Furthermore I'm sure there are plenty of people doing just fine with respect to vitamin D levels in Washington or where ever he lives.

If you ever have seen photos of Haidut in his Pre-Peat days, he definitely has made improvements in my view. Also, we do not know what his crown and top look like. I find he has full hair in his bilateral humps. Growing hair is the hardest thing to do. KeratinBrotherHood on youtube just lost 90% of his hair growth he got from Finasteride. Another guy lost his hair after seeing massive regrowth from minoxidil. However, after 4 years the effects wore off. So even the most hardcore pharm drugs and ineffective and conterproductive. The best we can do is use Energy production, damaging the scalp (micro needle, massage) and hair grafts. Haidut is just using Energy production.

AnonE

If you ever have seen photos of Haidut in his Pre-Peat days, he definitely has made improvements in my view. Also, we do not know what his crown and top look like. I find he has full hair in his bilateral humps. Growing hair is the hardest thing to do. KeratinBrotherHood on youtube just lost 90% of his hair growth he got from Finasteride. Another guy lost his hair after seeing massive regrowth from minoxidil. However, after 4 years the effects wore off. So even the most hardcore pharm drugs and ineffective and conterproductive. The best we can do is use Energy production, damaging the scalp (micro needle, massage) and hair grafts. Haidut is just using Energy production.

I agree, it's extremely hard to re-grow hair after significant alopecia. I also agree that unnatural drugs are a terrible way to go about trying... But if we're focusing on energy production and metabolism, let's be honest, it'd probably do well to not be overweight, right?

Fon

Thank you for asking what many have been thinking. Truly the 800lbs. Gorilla I the room that no one mentions. I also don't see how u have phrased it anymore tactfully than you did. Georgi is an honest and sometimes blunt guy himself. You are not the weird one.

tallglass13

I agree, it's extremely hard to re-grow hair after significant alopecia. I also agree that unnatural drugs are a terrible way to go about trying... But if we're focusing on energy production and metabolism, let's be honest, it'd probably do well to not be overweight, right?
Do you know how tall Haidut is? I absolutely would not assess him as Obese. So overweight is a vague statement. How much should he weigh? Do you know how much he weighs now? If someone gave me the perspective that they were obese, I would say, but looking at Haidut I don't view him that. Some experts believe that a little beefiness is healthier that being ripped, but God only knows. Yeah, Haidut isn't viewed and being lean or chiseled ,but I cannot agree with you he is Over his weight.
I do agree however that people gain weight and fat on a "Ray Peat" diet, and that has always puzzled me, since the diet is supposed to increase metabolism. So I agree with you there.

A-Tim

Yes I think I remember Haidut mentioning in an interview that one study suggested lowest all-cause mortality body fat was 12-17%. And being slightly above 17% was better than being below 12%.

Would be interesting to have the same analysis applied, albeit with separate groups for men and women. I assume men would fare better at slightly lower body fat, women at slightly higher.

AnonE

Do you know how tall Haidut is? I absolutely would not assess him as Obese. So overweight is a vague statement. How much should he weigh? Do you know how much he weighs now? If someone gave me the perspective that they were obese, I would say, but looking at Haidut I don't view him that. Some experts believe that a little beefiness is healthier that being ripped, but God only knows. Yeah, Haidut isn't viewed and being lean or chiseled ,but I cannot agree with you he is Over his weight.
I do agree however that people gain weight and fat on a "Ray Peat" diet, and that has always puzzled me, since the diet is supposed to increase metabolism. So I agree with you there.

I think a simple BMI check is fine, he doesn't seem to be an advanced lifter, ergo I think overweight is accurate. You can also tell from facial leanness.

Yes, this gets into my main criticisms with RP diet and advice - where are the results? I understand that increasing calories and carbs will help lower cortisol, great. But from what I've seen on the forums, the only people who don't balloon up in weight are taking exogeneous thyroid hormone. This is so silly imo, it's like trying to follow a bodybuilder's advice as a natural for putting on muscle.

Maybe it all works but it takes years of detox and re-teaching the body to heal metabolism. But then haven't there been people here for 4+ years who follow all the advice and are still overweight? Point is, I'm just not seeing or hearing a lot of 'results' in terms of healthy metabolism.

I've been on this forum on-and-off for about 5 years now. There's useful research and people thinking outside the box which I like. I'm decently lean and muscular, following some Peat-inspired ideas. But I focus on weightlifting, high protein intake (which I guess is also Peat-recommended), vitamin/mineral supplementation, and occasional fasting/calorie counting, as well as extra cardio sometimes. It's hard work but it's done me well.

The way I view things, a good 'Peat-inspired' diet (my interpretation: high protein, high carb, fruit over veggies) + some supps allows me to handle and recover the stresses necessary to build a decent body, both in terms of strength and leanness. That means doing 'un-Peaty' things like weightlifting, extra cardio, some caloric restriction on occasion, etc. A lot of the people here I think just focus on minimizing all stresses, and forget about the hard work part of being physically healthy (strong, not overweight). I think the body likes a bit of stress as long as we recover adequately.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom